PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this.....

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 07:38 AM
So I'm driving into work this am, and I am listening to the radio, they are doing "stupid awards of the week" and here's the topper:
This guy goes and buys a new winnabego (sp?) and is on his way home on the freeway, he sets the cruise control and walks to the back of the coach to make some coffee, the coach runs off the road and flips over....the guy sue's the maker of the coach saying that it did not specify in the handbook that you should not set cruise control and leave the wheel. The idiot wins a settlement of over 1million dollars, and the maker then went through and changed all "owner manuels"
I didn't realize that people were THAT stupid, (or smart depending how you look at it)

Flashover
10-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Heard this one before. Don't know how true it is though... :rollside:

RiverToysJas
10-19-2005, 07:44 AM
LOL That joke has been around since I was a kid.....in the 70's.
RTJas :D

YeLLowBoaT
10-19-2005, 07:46 AM
And we wonder why stuff cost so much.....if thats true that guy should be shot b4 he reproduces....
really how dumb can you be???????

RiverToysJas
10-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Here's the Real Story! (http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp) :rolleyes:

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 07:53 AM
They mentioned that this was a new story, just got out of court last week, some guy back east somewhere :hammerhea oh well, maybe I'm too gullable

RiverToysJas
10-19-2005, 07:59 AM
They mentioned that this was a new story, just got out of court last week, some guy back east somewhere :hammerhea oh well, maybe I'm too gullable
So the court case was decided last week, and they already changed the owner's manuals? Riiightttt..... ;) No mention of it by winnebago shareholder's either. (http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=WGO) Million dollar law suits and settlements don't go unnoticed by investors. ;)

MsDrmr
10-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Okay then I am just gullable, I guess we can all be that way sometimes.

RiverToysJas
10-19-2005, 08:04 AM
Okay then I am just gullable, I guess we can all be that way sometimes.
LOL! Nah, you were just entertained on your way to work....that's what radio is for. ;)
......Besides.....gullable is not even a word, it's not in the dictionary. :rolleyes: