PDA

View Full Version : Nextel Cellular Service.......

IN2MX
10-19-2005, 09:11 PM
SUCKS MAJOR ASS!!!!!!
Is it just me or does everyone else who has a Nextel phone drop calls at least 2 or 3 times in a 10 minute conversation. I have been a Nextel customer for the past five years, had an I1000, I90, and an I730......What pieces of SHIAT these phones are.......Cant wait till my contract is up!!!!! :burningm: :mad:
Also, it's really interesting how I can't get any service on the I-40 from Needles all the way to Barstow.....Makes me glad I have Onstar because I for damn sure I know I can't depend on my NEXTEL.......
Worst of all, Jessi laughs :D the whole way as she talks on her Cingular phone to everyone and their brother as I drive back from Havasu bored out of my mind..... :messedup:

Kilrtoy
10-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Nexttel sucks and Yes cingular has really stepped it up since the merger

77charger
10-19-2005, 09:30 PM
depends on where i work at.and working all over i know where it doesnt,where it drops calls,etc.I mainly work in OC and parts of san diego.sometimesit works in one area one day the next it is dead.
When i go away for the weekend if it doesnt get signal i dont care i am going for small vacation dont need to hear from anyone.
My work pays for mine i use it for personal use too so as long as they pay i really dont complain

Dusty Times
10-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I was so happy to switch from Nextel to Sprint. Now that they have merged I have hear rumors of Sprint switching to Nextel towers.
There goes my service.
Hello dropped calls!!!!!!!

IN2MX
10-19-2005, 09:36 PM
I was so happy to switch from Nextel to Sprint. Now that they have merged I have hear rumors of Sprint switching to Nextel towers.
There goes my service.
Hello dropped calls!!!!!!!
Yes, supposedly they have already "switched" and the service was supposed to get much better......I think its worse.
For the phones being sooo much more expensive than everyone else's, you would think the service would be great. WRONG!

voodoomedman
10-19-2005, 09:43 PM
Nextel service was great until two things happened
1. They started marketing to the general public instead of just business and everyone had to have one because of the beep beep. It's just like the freeway, it doesn't matter how nice the road is if you have too damn many people on it. You have to make more lanes or don't let as many people on.
2. Sprint Merger. I drop calls all the freaking time now and it really sucks. Work phone and personal phone are both Nextel.
I will give it some time in hopes that they will get it worked out and be the best but if not then I will jump to Verizon and take my number with me. Then I will have awesome coverage having both Verizon and Nextel.

IN2MX
10-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm going to go to Verizon also.....Heard nothing but good things about their coverage and also becuase of the fact that you can use your Verizon minutes with your Onstar phone.....Great plus!

cdog
10-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Verizon sucks butt. I just left for Sprint and it's alot better. Sprint and Nextell are two different networks on two diff. bands and cannot work togather. Just remember Verizon Sucks..............

HOOTER SLED-
10-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Verizon has been the best for me. My nextel only had like 2 small dead spots between Needles and Barstow. Works good in Havi. And at Mojave outside Katherines. I have an I710. Maybe you just had dain bramage from Saturday night Mike. LOL :D

JetBoatRich
10-20-2005, 03:49 AM
The last couple weeks has been the worst with Nextel :hammerhea dropping calls or the system is busy :hammerhea
If they are upgrading, could have fooled me :mad:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-20-2005, 05:32 AM
I have never had any problems with Nextel. Great signals where most people did not, and no dropped calls. I have still not had any dropped calls, knock on wood, but for some reason, I don't have service in some places where I always have, like the 15 corridor from Temecula to SD, for instance. Now I no longer have service through the valley with the Lawrence Welk Resort :confused: The system is busy a lot, also, but rather than stating it's busy, they say the call can't be completed as dialed (like it's MY fault) on a programmed #. Hope they get their bugs worked out.

Nubbs
10-20-2005, 05:42 AM
I just switched from AT&T to Nextel. Best thing I ever did. With AT&T, I dropped calls every 5 minutes or so.

BigDoug
10-20-2005, 07:43 AM
I guess it really does'nt matter which service you have, sounds like they all drop calls somewhere :2purples:

Jordy
10-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Nextel. The way business is undone. ;)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-20-2005, 09:14 AM
SUCKS MAJOR ASS!!!!!!
Is it just me or does everyone else who has a Nextel phone drop calls at least 2 or 3 times in a 10 minute conversation. I have been a Nextel customer for the past five years, had an I1000, I90, and an I730......What pieces of SHIAT these phones are.......Cant wait till my contract is up!!!!! :burningm: :mad:
Also, it's really interesting how I can't get any service on the I-40 from Needles all the way to Barstow.....Makes me glad I have Onstar because I for damn sure I know I can't depend on my NEXTEL.......
Worst of all, Jessi laughs :D the whole way as she talks on her Cingular phone to everyone and their brother as I drive back from Havasu bored out of my mind..... :messedup:
MMMMM I have service with my phone, maybe you have a bad phone

Miss Perfect
10-20-2005, 09:20 AM
I used to think that nextel sucked until I got a new blackberry. Now I have no problems with dropped calls. I didn't realize that a different phone on the same network would make a difference, but it did for me.

plaster dave
10-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I think it might be your phone cause I have service all the way on the 40. I have the I 830.

*BN*
10-20-2005, 11:33 AM
I have had cingular for 5 years and the wife and kids have verizon.
I just dumped cingular and switched to NEXTEL 2 months ago.
In the past 2 months NEXEL blows away cingular and verizon in the areas I use the phone. Never had a phone call drop or loss of service.
BTW: I850 here.

svlperry
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I have nextel and have service all the way out the 40
btw i730

nextel4u
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM
All of the phones are supposed to have the same reception but I have noticed in the last few months that the newer phones seem to work better with our system. The blackberry 7520 and the i850,i860 seem to be what is working best. I hear this from our customers and I know from using these phones personally.
Make sure your phone has the latest software on it, this will help a little with the dropped calls. You can call my Service Manager at 800-491-7121 he can tell you over the phone if your handset has the latest software. His name is Damian.

MsDrmr
10-20-2005, 12:21 PM
John,
Thanks again for all your help yesterday, you were a pleasure to work with.