PDA

View Full Version : Ride Rite

Sportin' Wood
10-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Anyone been through the Ride Rite rider course?
Just finished the 15 hour MSF course out at Corona. I have been riding offroad allmost my whole life and never on the street so I thought I would take the course. I found the class room part to be a little slow but the on bike portion was pretty good. I learned a few things about the guys that spout off, and show up for class on there bad a$$ bikes........ They almost bombed the rider test this afternoon. :D
Real good class I was surprised. I missed one on the written and was one of only two that aced the ride portion. I have never been on the street. ;)
Guess I might have to start looking for a bike now. :idea:

DEEZ NUTTS
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
If you get a sport bike go to open track days. After 1 trip to the track you wont want to ride on the street again.

Kilrtoy
10-20-2005, 05:34 PM
WOW, That is awesome, wish more people would take that class.....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-20-2005, 05:38 PM
WOW, That is awesome, wish more people would take that class.....
I wish they had it for boaters :D
Whoops Wrong computer.. Jeff

Kilrtoy
10-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I agree and put a minimun age to boot

phebus
10-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Whoops Wrong computer.. Jeff
More importantly, I wish they had it for lake lice.

Redrider
10-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey SW,
First off it is great to see people taking safety courses/classes!
Second, just some advice. I work for American Honda and if you are a HRCA member (39.95 per year) we will pay up to 75$ per year for you to take a rider course. We feel MSF rider safety courses and even track days are way important. Take a look on line or call 1-800-847-HRCA for more info. Might be able to save you some $$$. We also get great deals on Freddy Spencer track days, check it out. www.Honda.com
Good luck and be safe,
Bill :hammerhea

dirty old man
10-21-2005, 10:38 AM
My story is exactly yours, we may have been in the same class together. I rode many, many years ago - dirt only. Now I have a v-rod. My instructor was Vaughn

JustMVG
10-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey SW,
Second, just some advice. I work for American Honda and if you are a HRCA member (39.95 per year) we will pay up to 75$ per year for you to take a rider course. We feel MSF rider safety courses and even track days are way important. Take a look on line or call 1-800-847-HRCA for more info. Might be able to save you some $$$. We also get great deals on Freddy Spencer track days, check it out. www.Honda.com
Good luck and be safe,
Bill can you get me a great deal on a right side mirror for my 02' CBR600F4I, dealer wants a 100 bucks. Didn't crash but was waiting for a friend , stopped and got off the bike, but the ground was uneven, when i went to get back on i didn't see the drop off on my right side and couldn't catch myself and the bike and she just went over real slow and snapped the right mirror stalk. Damn i hate when that happens.

Sportin' Wood
10-21-2005, 04:04 PM
My story is exactly yours, we may have been in the same class together. I rode many, many years ago - dirt only. Now I have a v-rod. My instructor was Vaughn
I was in the room next door with Larry, Met Vaughn at the ride portion on Weds. Did You get Alison as a ride coach also? Man that lady could ride,great instructors all 3 of them.
Not sure what Kind of bike I will buy, Likely rent a few before I buy. I'm not sold on the whole Harley thing, but all my friends have cruisers so it might be a drag if I'm rolling a KTM :rollside:

Sportin' Wood
10-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey SW,
Good luck and be safe,
Thanks. I will look that up for my kids.

Sportin' Wood
10-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Check this bike out..
Watch the video.
http://www.990superduke.com/
How much is 8.345,- in euro? or is that pounds?
I'm sure its alot in dollars?

Redrider
10-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I am sure I can find one, but you might want to try a salvage yard. I bet you can get it cheap...
Bill

JustMVG
10-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks Bill, i was just kidding. I have one on order from Bike Bandit.
Go Honda!!!

Morg
10-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Back in the day when I raced AFM. It seemed like every new rider class would have at least one rider who really thought the class was a waste of his time cause he was just going to beat everyone on sunday. They usually ended up in the crach truck. Dave Sadowski passed me in the caurosel @ sears point ounce. he got in front of me, looked back, gave me a little wave & took off. Just when you thought you were getting good someone would buz your tower & send you back to humble land.
Glad to here people are getting good experience to help keep them safer on the street. Personaly I will not ride a bike on the street. But the track is a different story.

RiverRatMike
10-22-2005, 12:11 AM
:confused: Thanks Bill, i was just kidding. I have one on order from Bike Bandit.
Go Honda!!!

JetBoatRich
10-22-2005, 03:17 AM
Just finished the 15 hour MSF course out at Corona. I have been riding offroad allmost my whole life and never on the street so I thought I would take the course. I found the class room part to be a little slow but the on bike portion was pretty good. I learned a few things about the guys that spout off, and show up for class on there bad a$$ bikes........ They almost bombed the rider test this afternoon. :D
Real good class I was surprised. I missed one on the written and was one of only two that aced the ride portion. I have never been on the street. ;)
Nice Jeff :cool:
any ideas on which bike you will buy :rolleyes:

Sportin' Wood
10-22-2005, 06:11 AM
Nice Jeff :cool:
any ideas on which bike you will buy :rolleyes:
Honestly? Not a clue :idea: I am a tight wad and hate payments so it will take me at least a year to save up the cash to purchase something. Thats ok because I'm also indeciesive(sp) so it will take that long to make up my mind.
Last time I had a bike it was a XR600 but that thing was alittle big for my 155lbs skinny a$$. Not sure if I will go dual sport, cruiser or sport bike at this point. I just need to stop spending money on my rock buggy and start saving up for next spring. ofcourse momma wants a new boat since she see's you stepped to a bigger Hallett. Tom's not any help with all the rides he keeps giving her in his Shockwave. Hell she's even got the kids brainwashed. :D That being said what ever I save will have to be hidden :D

JetBoatRich
10-22-2005, 06:32 AM
Honestly? Not a clue :idea: I am a tight wad and hate payments so it will take me at least a year to save up the cash to purchase something. Thats ok because I'm also indeciesive(sp) so it will take that long to make up my mind.
Last time I had a bike it was a XR600 but that thing was alittle big for my 155lbs skinny a$$. Not sure if I will go dual sport, cruiser or sport bike at this point. I just need to stop spending money on my rock buggy and start saving up for next spring. ofcourse momma wants a new boat since she see's you stepped to a bigger Hallett. Tom's not any help with all the rides he keeps giving her in his Shockwave. Hell she's even got the kids brainwashed. :D That being said what ever I save will have to be hidden :D
I see how it is :( blame others for MAMA wanting a new boat :cool:
Good luck with saving the cash :rolleyes: which is the best way to buy if you can :cool:

Sportin' Wood
10-22-2005, 07:06 AM
She was perfectly content with the old Hallett untill that day she spent with Tom... I should have known it would happen before long with all the time she spends on the damn boating forums.. " You mean some boats actually have a spot for an ice chest, so it does'nt have to slide all over the floor?'" Jeeze I should have kept her in the late 70's bubble a little longer.

riverbound
10-22-2005, 07:12 AM
I took it when I was 15 (it was mandatory to get my permit) I thought the class was great and that ALL riders should take it. I had been riding bikes (dirt) for as long as I can remember. and still learned alot. And I have to agree with you on the guys that show up on thier bikes and barely pass. When I was there an instructor failed 3 guys...they showed up on thier bikes running their mouths. and he failed them for riding without a licsense or permit. you hsould have seen the looks on their faces.

Sportin' Wood
10-22-2005, 07:23 AM
I took it when I was 15 (it was mandatory to get my permit) I thought the class was great and that ALL riders should take it. I had been riding bikes (dirt) for as long as I can remember. and still learned alot. And I have to agree with you on the guys that show up on thier bikes and barely pass. When I was there an instructor failed 3 guys...they showed up on thier bikes running their mouths. and he failed them for riding without a licsense or permit. you hsould have seen the looks on their faces.
I don't think that it is an easy pass as the AM ride portion started with 11 and there where only 6 when we showed up weds afternoon.