PDA

View Full Version : How is the water level in Needles now?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-20-2005, 08:32 PM
I can't make the op6 on saturday but i am thinking i can launch at jack smith around 3 on saturday. The water going south should be fine for i/o right?

JustMVG
10-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Don't know if this helps but the wife and i were in Laughlin Mon and Tuesday, and the river level looked a little low in front of the Edgewater and over at Harrah's, in fact i saw a couple of the bouy's out of the water about 100 feet from shore at Harrah's, water was running slow too.
MVG

RiverToysJas
10-20-2005, 09:44 PM
If it's like the last couple of weeks, it should be at it's lowest at 3pm. IF the end of the docks are in the water a little bit (they won't be floating, butsitting on the ground, the last foot or two should be in the water), you should have at least 3-4' leaving the marina. Remember to cut a 45 up river as you depart the marina. Once out to the middle, you should be good to go down river, favoring the Az side past the point of course.
IF the docks are not touching the water at all, I would walk the enterance to make sure it's good.
Hope that helps.
RTJas :D

ACCEPTENCE
10-20-2005, 10:26 PM
I can't make the op6 on saturday but i am thinking i can launch at jack smith around 3 on saturday. The water going south should be fine for i/o right?
If your launching @ Jack Smith, you should be good.
You may want to keep below the bridge, it gits a little shallow up there on the ca side and down right tricky above Rainbow.
You should have no problems down river all the way into the Gorge.
Have a good trip :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Thanks all....

2Driver
10-21-2005, 07:14 AM
Hey, if you don't mind what are the best public launches in Needles. I know the I40 - Parker like the back of my hand but not much above 40. My wife and I enjoyed the AVI last month but it looks like I need to travel south to needles to launch for the gorge? Is it that dicey running down to the gorge from needles?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey, if you don't mind what are the best public launches in Needles. I know the I40 - Parker like the back of my hand but not much above 40. My wife and I enjoyed the AVI last month but it looks like I need to travel south to needles to launch for the gorge? Is it that dicey running down to the gorge from needles?
if you launch at Jack Smith or Needles Marina and go south, you should be in good shape. How big is your boat? I have done the run a couple of times and it is not a problem. BUT, that was during peak season. i am hoping more people will contribute to this so we can do it without any fear!!!

bunny 166
10-21-2005, 08:50 AM
if you launch at Jack Smith or Needles Marina and go south, you should be in good shape. How big is your boat? I have done the run a couple of times and it is not a problem. BUT, that was during peak season. i am hoping more people will contribute to this so we can do it without any fear!!!
We launched last weekend from Jack Smith with no problems...Saturday was terrific on the water! Have a great time... :smile:

2Driver
10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
It is a 21" with a 20 degree deadrise (semi deep-vee) and an outdrive. Stats on the boat show draft with drive down (not moving) is 34". Pretty standard stuff.
I run Parker and the gorge all the time with a prop but I learned it over several years in a jet. Usually you are good if you know where to go, which I don’t from needles to I 40. Thanks for helping.
BTW: where are is jack smith? I assume I can find Needles Marina on the web