10-22-2005, 06:41 AM
I'm developing a product and i need to see whats available -
Any one have a source ! I need one light pull and one heavy pull

lucky
10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
bump

uvindex
10-22-2005, 09:12 AM
A little more info would be helpful. I know what an accuator is and I know what a solenoid is. I'm not sure about the "satellite-driven" part. Are you saying that you're looking for accuators and solenoids that will receive commands from a satellite? A little description of your application (without giving away any secrets) would also be helpful. :)

lucky
10-22-2005, 09:30 AM
A little more info would be helpful. I know what an accuator is and I know what a solenoid is. I'm not sure about the "satellite-driven" part. Are you saying that you're looking for accuators and solenoids that will receive commands from a satellite? A little description of your application (without giving away any secrets) would also be helpful. :)
yes , either a solenoids that will act upon a satelight command or a accuator capable of the same thing - I guess i need a trigger

mickeyfinn
10-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Shouldn't be hard to do. What kind of satellite do you want to trigger it off of? Something like a satellite cell phone signal? Might be pricey but almost any PLC can have a modem hooked to a satellite cell signal. The PLC just needs to talk to the Satellite and send the trigger to a common solenoid or actuator. Any decent system integrator should be able to help you with this.

Rexone
10-22-2005, 12:29 PM
I guess i need a trigger
dude you need way more than a trigger :D

lucky
10-22-2005, 12:32 PM
dude you need way more than a trigger :D
lol --

lucky
10-22-2005, 12:34 PM
thank you for the info Mickey finn --
I'm trying to rig a boot behind mikes chair that i can activate remotley :)

frdvschvy
10-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Shouldn't be hard to do. What kind of satellite do you want to trigger it off of? Something like a satellite cell phone signal? Might be pricey but almost any PLC can have a modem hooked to a satellite cell signal. The PLC just needs to talk to the Satellite and send the trigger to a common solenoid or actuator. Any decent system integrator should be able to help you with this.
Cell phones do not operate off of satellites. Cell phones receive their signals from land based cell sites or cell towers.

lucky
10-22-2005, 12:41 PM
I would like to do it off of satelight - cause sell phones have so many dead area's lol