PDA

View Full Version : Dating question

scarabrick2
10-23-2005, 05:44 AM
So I go out last night and this very attrative lady and I hit it off. Towards the end of the night I get thte currage to ask her if she wants to go out for drinks/dinner or ? she says yes and gives me her number.
Question:
So how long do I wait to call her for a date?
I'm new to the dating game(been 9.5yrs) as I just got divorced.
Any and all insite would be great.
Rick

NorCal Gameshow
10-23-2005, 06:01 AM
there used to be an advice column here....:D
if you wait too long, she might forget who you are ...
i'd call this afternoon to make sure the number's good :wink:

Paul65k
10-23-2005, 06:06 AM
If she's really interested....the sooner the better!
If she's not.....then it doesn't really matter.....does it??
One thing to remember after all these years is that this goes both ways......she is more than likely just as interested....or more than you are!!!
Just go for it...........the single worst thing that could happen is she could say no.....big deal. Odds are much higher that she will say yes and your on to date 1.
Go for it, make it happen and never look back!
Why do you think there are 2M women on Match.com????
Cheers! :cool:

H20 Toie
10-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Don't call her give me the number and i will take care of her for you. :D

Jyruiz
10-23-2005, 07:25 AM
The sooner you call her, the sooner you hit it. :D

Red Horse
10-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Look, you got a 50/50 shot at the worst. CALL!!!
Its not like she is gonna take away your birthday or anything!!! :lightsabe

Coleitis22
10-23-2005, 07:40 AM
So I go out last night and this very attrative lady and I hit it off. Towards the end of the night I get thte currage to ask her if she wants to go out for drinks/dinner or ? she says yes and gives me her number.
Question:
Rick
What are you waiting for? Step up to the plate and be a man. :hammerhea

Ralph Brunt
10-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Lykis 101

Mohave Vice
10-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Give her a call now!

Flying Tiger
10-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Call her now but don't act over ambitious.
Then when dating begins,, stretch out the call,, remember, never look over ambitious.
See if it's a bum number.
Most the girls give out emails I meet,, then the phone#.

termiteguy
10-23-2005, 09:15 AM
remember this if you dont hit it by the third date move on !!!!!!!!!!!!!
and dont spend alot of money on her just to see her naked :lightsabe

topless
10-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Call her now and tell her you had a great time last night. Then tell you you'd love to see her again and ask her what her schedule looks like. If she says she's booked, it's a loss if she gives you a date or says tonight.....etc, you're in. Good luck. ;)

1stepcloser
10-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Call her this afternoon, tell her you're checking to see if the number was good. Ask her out for this evening, if shes agrees, you're in.
If she declines citing a previous appointment, forget it.
Whatever you do, dont give her your number.... till after you date her.

a catered life
10-23-2005, 09:27 AM
well said call within 48 hours you want her to know your instrested but not desperate :frown:

azgfboatgirl
10-23-2005, 10:03 AM
well said call within 48 hours you want her to know your instrested but not desperate :frown:
Is this why you guys have that silly 3 day rule.....At least you wait only 48 hours, apparently you're a little impatient.... :D :D :D

Boozer
10-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Call her this afternoon, tell her you're checking to see if the number was good. Ask her out for this evening, if shes agrees, you're in.
You're kidding me right? Don't you DARE tell her you're checking to see if the number is good. If you say that it may come off as though you get a lot of bogus numbers.
I wouldn't call her today. I would wait until at least Sunday if not Monday. Women want what they can't have so give her the impression you're not an easy guy to get.

a catered life
10-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Is this why you guys have that silly 3 day rule.....At least you wait only 48 hours, apparently you're a little impatient.... :D :D :D
lmao just like to get to the point :wink:

azgfboatgirl
10-23-2005, 10:21 AM
lmao just like to get to the point :wink:
At least you're ahead of the game by a day! :D

a catered life
10-23-2005, 10:24 AM
At least you're ahead of the game by a day! :D
lmoa :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
10-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Question:
Rick
dont call her for a week, then call her on a week day

a catered life
10-23-2005, 10:35 AM
dont call her for a week, then call her on a week day
shake that only works if you looking to hit and run :p

azgfboatgirl
10-23-2005, 10:37 AM
Women want what they can't have
you're not an easy guy to get.
LMAO on both counts......

Boozer
10-23-2005, 10:44 AM
shake that only works if you looking to hit and run :p
When's the last time you dated? Maybe a lot has changed since then???
As stated in my previous post women want what they can NOT have. They love a challenge.
When you meet this woman again tell her as little about yourself as you possibly can. But find out as much as you can about her. This way you'll seem a bit mysterious and women love that. You should also be able to know within the first few dates if she's dateable or a total psycho that you dont want to keep around for more then a few freakish nights in HER bedroom.
NEVER give a psycho your home address. Also do NOT tell them where you work.
I had a woman go to the lengths of finding a job that was within 2 blocks of my work. She figured out my lunch schedule and scheduled hers to follow mine. EVERY day she would some how track me down on my lunch break and then bother me. It took a restraining order for her to get the point.

blown428fe
10-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Attractive lady or your hand this evening.

azgfboatgirl
10-23-2005, 10:47 AM
As stated in my previous post women want what they can NOT have. They love a challenge.
When you meet this woman again tell her as little about yourself as you possibly can. But find out as much as you can about her. This way you'll seem a bit mysterious and women love that. You should also be able to know within the first few dates if she's dateable or a total psycho that you dont want to keep around for more then a few freakish nights in HER bedroom.
I had a woman go to the lengths of finding a job that was within 2 blocks of my work. She figured out my lunch schedule and scheduled hers to follow mine. EVERY day she would some how track me down on my lunch break and then bother me. It took a restraining order for her to get the point.
You must be very popular Boozer for her to go to such lengths to find you. :idea:

topless
10-23-2005, 11:18 AM
I had a woman go to the lengths of finding a job that was within 2 blocks of my work. She figured out my lunch schedule and scheduled hers to follow mine. EVERY day she would some how track me down on my lunch break and then bother me. It took a restraining order for her to get the point.You are only 24 so the girls (not women) that you date are alot different than what he is dating. You listen to too much Lykis 101. You know I have a bone to pick with you by the way that I won't mention here..

Boozer
10-23-2005, 11:41 AM
You are only 24 so the girls (not women) that you date are alot different than what he is dating. You listen to too much Lykis 101. You know I have a bone to pick with you by the way that I won't mention here..
The stalker was 31. My current woman is 30. My woman "on the side" is 35.
Lykis is a fat fawkin POS that gets way more credit then he deserves.
You have my number.

topless
10-23-2005, 11:47 AM
The stalker was 31. My current woman is 30. My woman "on the side" is 35.
Lykis is a fat fawkin POS that gets way more credit then he deserves.
You have my number.Let's not go there. How's it going in Denver anyway and how is my dog? I'll PM you or call you later. As for now I have to go rent a carpet shampooer thing.
And Don't listen to him. Call her and ask her out again if you really hit it off. :crossx:

Boozer
10-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Let's not go there. How's it going in Denver anyway and how is my dog? I'll PM you or call you later. As for now I have to go rent a carpet shampooer thing.
And Don't listen to him. Call her and ask her out again if you really hit it off. :crossx:
Holland loves it here. Monday before last she got to play in a foot of snow and had a blast. Anyhow.. Back to the initial subject at hand dont wanna be a thread jacker.

Badger301
10-23-2005, 11:58 AM
You met her last nite...call her tuesday or wednesday....never call over a weekend...your busy even if your not..Watch the movie Swingers

MayDaze
10-23-2005, 03:07 PM
I agree with Boozer.... Good Advice

Kilrtoy
10-23-2005, 03:12 PM
If you like her, call her, she may go out tonight and find someone else, Dont let the sands of time slip by...
CALL HER NOW......

Kilrtoy
10-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Lykos 101, is for losers....
I really wonder what these guys look like that call in....
Some of the crap he says is funny, but please, most of his lines are COMMON SENSE....for both sexes

One Eyed Jack
10-23-2005, 03:22 PM
its a little late now
but instead of asking her for her number
you should have asked her
if she wanted to go to your house and ****
then instead of wondering when to call her
youd be wondering what to do
with all the crap she left behind
earrings scrunchies thong etc

Boozer
10-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Lykos 101, is for losers....
I really wonder what these guys look like that call in....
Some of the crap he says is funny, but please, most of his lines are COMMON SENSE....for both sexes
F*ck Lykus.
If you want advice on what women want make friends with some real hotties. Don't ask them what they look for because what they tell you they look for and what they really DO look for are completely different things. OBSERVE them and pay close attention to the men they date and let your OWN observations be your guiding light in the never ending pursuit for love or just a quick one night stand.

mike37
10-23-2005, 03:39 PM
all I know is if you gota play games with a girl like boozer says
then she isn't one you would want to keep

Red Horse
10-23-2005, 05:04 PM
You got the # over the weekend, call her Tuesday about 5 and ask her, "You got any plans for dinner? Want some?" Then at dinner make plans for the weekend. Tell her you got a boat!!! Women LOVE boats!!! Take her to Catalina. I know it will be cold, but that is OK. Body heat is better shared!!

Silver
10-23-2005, 05:07 PM
How about? You treat her just like you want to be treated!
If it's real... then no games from the start gets you off on the right foot!

Kilrtoy
10-23-2005, 05:41 PM
What a novel concept and you heard that from one of the hot ladies of HB ....

One Eyed Jack
10-23-2005, 06:00 PM
if this was 1890
does he want it or not
you can hit it till the oscar is mired
but when she knows you like her
she expects you to spend money on her azz

Boozer
10-23-2005, 06:23 PM
if this was 1890
does he want it or not
you can hit it till the oscar is mired
but when she knows you like her
she expects you to spend money on her azz
Spoken like a true gentleman whos had his still beating heart ripped from his chest and crushed right in front of him.
Women aren't like they use to be.

1Shockwaveguy
10-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Question:
Rick
Dont listen to these guys. Or at least most of them. Do NO CALL HER THIS WEEKEND. Call her on Monday night. Set plans with her for Wed. or Thurs. because you already have plans for the following weekend. ;)

Kim Hanson
10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Question:
Rick
Hell, if I met a girl at the bar~~~she got my number after leaving my house~~~~~you snooze ya ~~lose.........( . )( . )......... :cool:

HCS
10-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Question:
Rick
First thing you do is hit it right a way. After she thinks about it, it's too late. :chi:

Kim Hanson
10-23-2005, 09:52 PM
First thing you do is hit it right a way. After she thinks about it, it's too late. :chi:
I like the way you think, great minds have to stay( forums ) to speak out to the world :D tell them how to do it right or get to the back of the bus!........( . )( . )..........Reverend Kim :D :D :D

CA Stu
10-23-2005, 10:06 PM
If you have to ask when to call a woman on a mesage board, you should shoot your computer and go call that babe immediately. Go out and have some fun.
I guarantee if I was single, there's no way in hell I'd be at home on a fine Saturday evening!
If you take any of Boober's idiotic advice, you should slam your penis in a car door repeatedly.
Why not go out, play the field until you find someone that will make your life hell, get married again and then get back online, like the rest of us miserable bastards?
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "Women aren't like they use to be"? Who the hell do you think you are, Burt frickin' Reynolds? :messedup:

CA Stu
10-23-2005, 10:09 PM
You must be very popular Boozer for her to go to such lengths to find you. :idea:
Moms are like that. :wink:

steelcomp
10-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Playing games...yeah, that's the way to start off! The way I see it, if you wanna play games, play games. Player...looser... it's the same. If you don't want to play games, then don't. Just remember, if you play games, you'll be played with. You get what you give. You'll be able to tell if she's playing, or straight up, in very short time. It doesn't matter when you call, unless you're making a game out of it. It does matter why you call. Maybe you need to figure that out before you call.
Don't be phony, and don't pretend to be someone you're not. If you're looking for a trophy or an image, then be like Boozer, and play the game. If you're looking for a person, and one that you're compatible with, then be a person. The compatibility will be there, or it won't, but it won't be phony and based on lies. That's no way to start off.
Just my .02, in '05. :D

Forkin' Crazy
10-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Just call her sunday afternoon and tell her that you were thinking of her and what a good time you had. The wish her a nice day and that you'll call her early in the week. Tuesday or so.
I know how it is. I was with one for 8. I could tell stories, because chances are better then not that you will run up on a :crossx: crazy one :crossx: .
:220v: