PDA

View Full Version : So we had a Pizza delivered for lunch and.........

Supultlbich
10-24-2005, 12:54 PM
Had to stay home from work to watch the kids, wifey is not feeling well, and I decide order the kids and myself a pizza. The dude shows up and I had already paid over the phone with a debit card. He hands me a pizza and hand him five bucks for a tip, he looks up and says " thats it? " I was blown away, he tried to start in on the price of gas and I cut him off and shut the door.
Whats with people these days. What do you normaly give for a tip?? Unbelievable.

uvindex
10-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Had to stay home from work to watch the kids, wifey is not feeling well, and I decide order the kids and myself a pizza. The dude shows up and I had already paid over the phone with a debit card. He hands me a pizza and hand him five bucks for a tip, he looks up and says " thats it? " I was blown away, he tried to start in on the price of gas and I cut him off and shut the door.
Whats with people these days. What do you normaly give for a tip?? Unbelievable.That is unbelievable. I think $5 is an excellent tip, especially for one pie and one where the driver doesn't even have to collect the money or make change. Sheesh.

Kilrtoy
10-24-2005, 01:00 PM
5 dollars, DAMN i usually give 2 maybe 3 depending on the size of the order

MagicMtnDan
10-24-2005, 01:09 PM
You shoulda said, "wait, you're right, hold on - lemme have that five back and I'll take care of you." Then, when he gave it back to you, you should've just closed the door in his face. :hammer2:

Supultlbich
10-24-2005, 01:14 PM
5 dollars, DAMN i usually give 2 maybe 3 depending on the size of the order
Thats what I was thinkin, thats why I had to make the post and ask. Wanted to make sure I was following Pizza delivery etiquete.
And then the Chargers roll over and Piss on themselves!!! What next???

IN2-IN2MX
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
You shoulda said, "wait, you're right, hold on - lemme have that five back and I'll take care of you." Then, when he gave it back to you, you should've just closed the door in his face. :hammer2:
Right on. I agree.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
10-24-2005, 01:45 PM
I have to agree with Dan!!!!

Forkin' Crazy
10-24-2005, 01:50 PM
That's what I was thinkin'! :hammer2:

Jbb
10-24-2005, 01:56 PM
The guy is just trying to save up for the noise ticket he got the other day.....try to be a little more understanding next time.... :cool:

phebus
10-24-2005, 02:21 PM
The guy is just trying to save up for the noise ticket he got the other day.....try to be a little more understanding next time.... :cool:
Or maybe he wants to buy someone's used Laveycraft. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
10-24-2005, 03:00 PM
I had a 3rd job from '90 thru 'mid 95 delivering pizza (Godfather's Pizza). For a 5-buck tip I'd have been willing to wax your car on my day off, or mow your lawn. ;)
We usually tip 2 to 3. Back in the day, a single from everyone would have been a top-notch night as the average was a buck from every 4th stop.
Oh, NEVER make out an even $$ check to pay for an ammount that ends in ".95" and just tell them to "keep it". I'd have rather shoved your lousy nickel someplace else. It was borderline insulting, worse than no tip at all. Now, if you add a dollar or 2, no problem on the nickel. :D
I agree you ought to have slipped it back and then stiffed an attitude like that, what a dumba$$.

rrrr
10-24-2005, 03:16 PM
LMAO, what is that stuff you grow in your basement that makes you so, uh, different???? :D :messedup:

Kilrtoy
10-24-2005, 03:30 PM
On second thought was he a big Mexi-talian guy with gold chains driving a PT Cruiser with a carerra sticker on the back

HighRoller
10-24-2005, 03:36 PM
5 bucks is an excellent tip for delivering pizza. The drivers get paid extra either per delivery or by mileage so him complaining about gas prices is bunk. Was this a national chain or a local store?

phebus
10-24-2005, 04:18 PM
On second thought was he a big Mexi-talian guy with gold chains driving a PT Cruiser with a carerra sticker on the back
Very nice, I've been wondering where he's been. Very slow, I mean very boring in C&T's lately. D Row has left the building.

bigkatboat
10-24-2005, 04:51 PM
I must qualify my responce with the fact that in my town some people have $500,000.00 boats and $50,000.00 houses! A $5.00 tip (IMHO) is right in line with 'doing business', and you should not feel guilty for giving it. We (all) understand that fuel prices are out of control, and we ALL must pay the going price. "Pizza delivery drivers" have the option to 'voice' their opinion on their point of view, as to how the TIPS and costs for services go. What about all of the other people who must use high cost fuels to deliver their products/ services, to your door? What about YOU? You go to work every day, (unless you are RIVER DAVE*) and who 'tips you' for going to work and doing your job? If the job does not pay what you need to live on, GO GET A BETTER JOB! If a 'tip' for doing your normal job, (no extra special order stuff done by driver) is not meeting your needs, GO GET A BETTER JOB! If I ask the driver to do 'extra things for ME', I will pay EXTRA TIP FOR THOSE EXTRA SERVICES, if not then I am at fault. Don't feel guilty for tipping at the level you feel is correct, I dont care if you just won the $300 million dollar lotto, you don't owe any more that your neighbor would OFFER as a tip for a normal job done. * River Dave was just an example and in no way does this reflect his tipping of delivery people, or single "Hooters" waitresses, in any manner.

Kilrtoy
10-24-2005, 06:19 PM
ya ,but you have a gun on when ya answer the door.WHO'S GOING TO BITCH :D
I see you have been to my house.....

JetBoatRich
10-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Whats with people these days. What do you normaly give for a tip?? Unbelievable.
we usually give $5 :hammer2:
Did you call the pizze place?

Caribbean Jet
10-24-2005, 07:27 PM
You should have said your right, give me back that five, I only have a ten spot and then shut the door.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
10-24-2005, 07:45 PM
GD that was funny!!

GAME TIME
10-24-2005, 07:56 PM
$5 is plenty. I can't believe he had the nerve to say anything. I remember back in the day I delivered for Domino's during my senior year. I deliver a pizza to Bob Dornan. Here I am pretty shocked that I'm delivering a pizza to my local congresman who answered the door in his American Flag boxers, when I tell him the total (something like $19.36) and he gives me a $20 and says "keep the change". Wow, gee thanks Bob. So $5 is plenty to give.

coolchange
10-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I used to do "privater" deliveries for a flower place on holidays. ( and made bank too by the way) But most days wouldn't get $5 in tips for the whole day! Ask for him to deliver next time and just kick him in the junk!

Dusty Times
10-24-2005, 08:22 PM
$2.00 is plenty for a pizza tip.
If he thinks he should make more money tell him the tip of the day is find a proffesion other than delivering pizza :hammerhea

HotDogz
10-24-2005, 08:25 PM
take back your 5 bucks, tell him he's right and that youll be right back with the difference and go eat your pizza. :hammerhea