PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been talked about before....

imirsh1
10-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Selling a few things on the Recycler.com and used my work email for the ad,well I get to work this morning and have 136 emails pertaining to the ads.All bogus responses from people in West africa trying to pull the usual scams.I wonder how many people actually get ripped off by these guys? I wish I could actually get that many responses from Legit buyers.

Moneypitt
10-25-2005, 06:46 AM
I have resorted to listing "conditions of sale" in any recycler ads. I put "CASH, AMERICAN CASH" only. "No off shore scams" in any ad I submit........MP

BadKachina
10-25-2005, 06:49 AM
Selling a few things on the Recycler.com and used my work email for the ad,well I get to work this morning and have 136 emails pertaining to the ads.All bogus responses from people in West africa trying to pull the usual scams.I wonder how many people actually get ripped off by these guys? I wish I could actually get that many responses from Legit buyers.
I'm getting the same responses to my adds. Who falls for that crap? I used to get those kinds of emails when I sold stuff on Ebay too. :frown:

imirsh1
10-25-2005, 06:52 AM
As I was writing this I received 7 more.Thats unreal.

vegasriverjunkie
10-25-2005, 07:12 AM
I had the same BS, I just ignore all email responses. If somebody is interested they'll phone me instead.

HocusPocus
10-25-2005, 07:23 AM
i only got 2 scam emails last time i listed something in the recycler... my crap must not have been as good as yours. :crossx: