PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Warning Light ??

TOBTEK
10-25-2005, 09:57 AM
WEIRD DEAL.... Driving the other night and the motors warning light came on and motor went into the LIMP mode, retarding the power output. I stopped for a few minutes to check all the gauges, and all read fine. About half hour later drove the few miles back home and all seemed well but the light was still on. Next morning, NO light on and all seems well. has anyone experenced this before? whats the deal??

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 10:12 AM
pull the 5th wheel with my ford? :D ,call me slacker

INSman
10-25-2005, 10:30 AM
WEIRD DEAL.... Driving the other night and the motors warning light came on and motor went into the LIMP mode, retarding the power output. I stopped for a few minutes to check all the gauges, and all read fine. About half hour later drove the few miles back home and all seemed well but the light was still on. Next morning, NO light on and all seems well. has anyone experenced this before? whats the deal??
Although I have not yet experienced this personally with my truck, I have heard that this can happen on occassion when you have a large aftermarket intake with an oiled filter. What happens I believe is that the oil makes it's way to the Mass Air Flow Sensor, which ultimately triggers the warning light and Limp Mode.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 10:32 AM
he is stock on intake,could be wrong.

Sane Asylum
10-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Try www.dieselplace.com ..........Great info!!

Kachina26
10-25-2005, 11:10 AM
get the codes read at autozone and let me know what it is, or go to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty. I'm a GM tech and I dabble a little in the Dmaxs, so I might be able to help.

duffster
10-25-2005, 11:35 AM
When was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Mine was doing the same thing I think the filter was clogged.
Changed it and now it's back up on power with no DTC errors or dash lights.