PDA

View Full Version : What brand of boat cleaning supplies do you recommend?

DCBDaytona
10-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I've always used 3M and the more "generic" cleaning supplies. What brands do you use? I know that some of the board members here sell their own brands, so which so you recommend?

Mrs.Racer277
10-25-2005, 02:19 PM
I've always used 3M and the more "generic" cleaning supplies. What brands do you use? I know that some of the board members here sell their own brands, so which so you recommend?
Warlock25---Frenzy Products
They are great. :D

riverbound
10-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I bought the Frenzy products and I am not that thrilled. I have always used meguiars and might be switching back.

jbtrailerjim
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
I use some stuff I picked up at the boat show called "Driven". Works really good.

slink
10-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Heard Toby's (tobtek) stuff is good. Dilligaf grabbed me some but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know

UnionJack
10-25-2005, 02:38 PM
I use the tobtek secret sauce

Havasu_Dreamin
10-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Frenzy stuff is good, Wash Wax All is pretty good, Rex Marine Water Spot Remover is really good especially for cleaning the tips, Tobteks Stuff is really good as well.

bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Driven is good except for stuborn water spots. don't forget the magic erasers for the interior and the bright green turtle wax stuff(used to be called 2001) :D for after the eraser.

MAINEVENT
10-25-2005, 03:11 PM
I've used toby's stuff and i have to say works killer

79Challenger
10-25-2005, 03:12 PM
I use The Wax Shop products on all of my vehicles and toys.

cc322
10-25-2005, 05:02 PM
This by far is the best when it comes to buffing and waxing.http://www.properautocare.com/74uldemawico.html I detail alot and use this only, with the right pad. As far as products go Megs, Mothers, or some of the professional products found only at detail supply shops like this linehttp://www.poorboysworld.com/

DJ Sound Technique
10-25-2005, 06:26 PM
For me:
Mr Clean Magic Eraser for the interior!
Nautical Reflections for a wipe down spray
Meguires spray wax twice a year

Kilrtoy
10-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I've used toby's stuff and i have to say works killer
I did not authorize you to use my name,
But the secret sauce is awesome.....
What can i use on my transom hardware, billet and stainless, those hardwater spots are a bitch

HM
10-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I use some stuff I picked up at the boat show called "Driven". Works really good.
I beleive he is a board member. I like his products as well. The wash and the spray detail work bitchen. The rest is top rate for sure.
his web site is Driven To Perfection (http://www.driventoperfection.com)

Havasu_Dreamin
10-25-2005, 06:44 PM
What can i use on my transom hardware, billet and stainless, those hardwater spots are a bitch
The Water Spot Remover from Rex works good on that.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 06:45 PM
i have some here for sale if you need it,at my house,pm me.Also magic34s stuff is great,I think you can contact him on here as well to get some,or he can tell you where to get it in your area :wink:

INSman
10-25-2005, 07:04 PM
Ducky is the only thing that works on my swim step and hardware/grab handles. Other than that, I use Waxing Frenzy, Tobtek and Driven

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Ducky is the only thing that works on my swim step and hardware/grab handles. Other than that, I use Waxing Frenzy, Tobtek and Driven
will work,it will remove most of your wax,so just rewax in areas that need it :wink:

OutCole'd
10-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Tobys shiznit is the best stuff I have ever used. He needs to be marketing that stuff better, RR is his VP in charge of sales and I think he pinches a little from each gallon for his personal stash... :D

Nord
10-25-2005, 07:27 PM
you guys have got to be kidding!!!!!
Try Vinegar and water!!! Gets every water spot off!!! Then wax!
Save your money!
If that doesn't get off any extra grime, spray WD40 on it!
Presto, brand new!
Then wax with your brand.

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Tobys shiznit is the best stuff I have ever used. He needs to be marketing that stuff better, RR is his VP in charge of sales and I think he pinches a little from each gallon for his personal stash... :D
tobys too busy movin on up with the jeffersons and buildin rhinos,it does work good though huh :D

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
you guys have got to be kidding!!!!!
Try Vinegar and water!!! Gets every water spot off!!! Then wax!
Save your money!
If that doesn't get off any extra grime, spray WD40 on it!
Presto, brand new!
Then wax with your brand.
that means your going around the boat twice,when its 115 out why do that when one product cleans and waxes,,,nice sales pitch huh

bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 07:33 PM
anyone ever try pledge? works kick ass.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-25-2005, 07:35 PM
that means your going around the boat twice,when its 115 out why do that when one product cleans and waxes,,,nice sales pitch huh
No kidding. We're thinking adding A/C to the grage just so we don't have to clean it in the heat. I know, I'm a wuss. :p

Nord
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
You don't wax when your out there............one time only boss!!!
Wax at home!!

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
No kidding. We're thinking adding A/C to the grage just so we don't have to clean it in the heat. I know, I'm a wuss. :p
without question i would have a/c in the garage,and a kegarator,be 110 outside and 74 in the garage,,,,perfect

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Wax at home!!
my boat stays out there,it never comes home :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
10-25-2005, 07:39 PM
Wax at home!!
My boat is at home in the Havasu garage.

Nord
10-25-2005, 07:40 PM
my boat doesn't come home either.............
your telling me you wax your boat every time you take it out? :confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
10-25-2005, 07:42 PM
my boat doesn't come home either.............
your telling me you wax your boat every time you take it out? :confused:
Hell no. But I don't want to strip the wax off and have it go all summer without any wax.

Nord
10-25-2005, 07:43 PM
IF you are, you need new wax.
Here is the deal.
I wax at the first of the season with West marine wax containing Carnuba?? Not sure but it is good stuff.
I take the boat out
trailor it, then use the spray bottle with vinegar and water and buff with a towel one time!!!
The wax doesn't get cut down until mid season (great stuff)
My boat like your guy's is flawless and always has a good coat.......
Try it!

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:44 PM
alotta of the cleaners/spot removers/etc have some type of wax in them,so as you wipe down your leaving a light coat of wax behind,not as good as a buffer,but if you wipe down everyday like I do there really isnt a need to even wax the boat at all!....another great sale pitch huh,but its true.Vinegar and water works great,but most cleaners like tobteks and magic 34s arent real expensive.In my opinion they are well worth the money :coffeycup

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:45 PM
IF you are, you need new wax.
Here is the deal.
I wax at the first of the season with West marine wax containing Carnuba?? Not sure but it is good stuff.
I take the boat out
trailor it, then use the spray bottle with vinegar and water and buff with a towel one time!!!
The wax doesn't get cut down until mid season (great stuff)
My boat like your guy's is flawless and always has a good coat.......
Try it!
just different methods,as long as it shines!

Havasu_Dreamin
alotta of the cleaners/spot removers/etc have some type of wax in them,so as you wipe down your leaving a light coat of wax behind,not as good as a buffer,but if you wipe down everyday like I do there really isnt a need to even wax the boat at all!....another great sale pitch huh,but its true.Vinegar and water works great,but most cleaners like tobteks and magic 34s arent real expensive.In my opinion they are well worth the money :coffeycup
Exactly. Everything I use has wax in it.

Nord
alright, I'll try it........... :yuk: :smile:
But, you know, if it ain't broke..................why fix it!!!!
:)

riverroyal
10-25-2005, 07:46 PM
im out,bed time,almost 9 you know :D

Nord
10-25-2005, 07:47 PM
im out,bed time,almost 9 you know :D
night!!!!!!!!!!!
NORD OUT!!!!!!! :)

cc322
10-25-2005, 07:53 PM
The key to water beadding up and a great shine IMO and alot of detailers I work with is 100% Carnuba Wax in a paste. Paste last longer then a liquid. Every training class I have been at said you just cant beat 100% Carnuba Wax, and I agree. I use this after getting out of the water for a quick wipe down http://www.nauticalreflections.com/ notice it has carnuba wax in it :wink:

lalhc
10-25-2005, 07:54 PM
I mix in a third of The Wax Shop original wax w/my water & vinegar. You have to continue to shake the spray container, but it works great for me.

RiverToysJas
10-25-2005, 07:56 PM
I have been very happy with Rain-X Marine Spray Wax for quick wax jobs.
I try to wax at least the black "windshield" everytime I put the boat away after a trip.
I am still shopping for a good heavy, couple times a year wax. I try different stuff all the time....
RTJas :D

Wetracer
10-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Zep vinyl cleaner is by far the most incredible product I have used on vinyl. It will make almost anything look new again. You can see it here http://www.northwetpowersports.com/index.php?module=pncommerce&func=itemview&ItemID=154 Mike

LAVEYSABRE575
10-26-2005, 06:35 AM
I use driven to wax and 3m clean and shine for water spot removal for interior 3m vinyl cleaner and protectant clr for exhaust and outdrive hot spot....

a catered life
10-26-2005, 06:53 AM
me to it seems to work pretty good especially the restorer one

boxscore
10-26-2005, 07:26 AM
I use the tobtek secret sauce
Toby's stuff has never gotten my boat clean.... never ever...
That's prolly cuz he never sent me that bottle he promised. :hammer2:

Magic34
10-26-2005, 08:17 AM
Using vinegar and water only starts to strip the wax you put on the boat. Since Vinegar has an acidic base, it will start to remove the wax.
We manufacture the Dri Wash 'n Guard products and I have used them on every vehicle and boat that I have had, even everything in my immediate family as well, and the finish stays great even after 15 years of testing and market use.

TOBTEK
10-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Toby's stuff has never gotten my boat clean.... never ever...
That's prolly cuz he never sent me that bottle he promised. :hammer2:
DOGHHHHHHHHHH.....man reading the first part gave me stomach pains :frown: you scared the crap out of me. You didnt win any at the DCB regetta? I gave away 15 gallons.......OH YEAH you didnt go! :rollside: P/M me your address and I'll send ya DCB brotherhood gift package :smile:
In responce to vinegar/water and rewax.....what a pain! Our product which will be fully marketed by someone else VERY soon will never require you to wax your boat again....period! I NEVER waxed my MACH22 and it felt as though it was fully detailed after a 5 min wipe down. AND it works AWESOME on all billet alum and chrome bits. My buddy and I have been working on this for years. We are SURE we have the best product available....period. As far as price 29.99 a gallon SEEMS expensive untill you go to west marine and buy Ducky for 15.99 for a 16oz bottle. Thats over 60.00 a gallon, and our product BLOWS theres away. CANT wait for the new retailer to take over. Should be available at all your favorite boat retailers, locally and out in Havasu.

whiteworks
10-26-2005, 09:45 AM
we usally give her a quick wipe down at the end of summer. prefer to wax in the sun while its real hot let it set for a while so the wax can bond real good and then buff off with a scotch brite. as far as the interior just give it the once over with a gasoline soaked rag. try not to use premix gasoline for the interior makes the seats kinda slippery.

DCBDaytona
10-26-2005, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=TOBTEK]DOGHHHHHHHHHH.....man reading the first part gave me stomach pains :frown: you scared the crap out of me. You didnt win any at the DCB regetta? I gave away 15 gallons.......OH YEAH you didnt go! :rollside: P/M me your address and I'll send ya DCB brotherhood gift package :smile:
What about my DCB brotherhood gift package?? :D

Magic34
10-26-2005, 09:51 AM
we usally give her a quick wipe down at the end of summer. prefer to wax in the sun while its real hot let it set for a while so the wax can bond real good and then buff off with a scotch brite. as far as the interior just give it the once over with a gasoline soaked rag. try not to use premix gasoline for the interior makes the seats kinda slippery.
Dont forget, this works best if you have an all black boat.

MarkyMark
10-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Tobtek is the shit. The only problem I have is trying to get more. Tobey I know this stuff is going to hit the market some day but can I be an Inland Empire distributer until then. This should save you on all that shipping cost. Plus just with a few friends at work I need about 6 gallons of the stuff.... :)

TOBTEK
10-26-2005, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=TOBTEK]DOGHHHHHHHHHH.....man reading the first part gave me stomach pains :frown: you scared the crap out of me. You didnt win any at the DCB regetta? I gave away 15 gallons.......OH YEAH you didnt go! :rollside: P/M me your address and I'll send ya DCB brotherhood gift package :smile:
What about my DCB brotherhood gift package?? :D
you have to drop the BIG BLING DOLLARS on a new one :notam: :squiggle: :D to get a free care package..... in other words, you have to spend 300k to get a free 30.00 gallon of cleaner :frown:

riverroyal
10-26-2005, 10:35 AM
sorry,i never hooked up with ya!Talk to toby,I have about 6 gallons here,if you are heading south for any reason we can hook up,or I can met you half way?or????I will be in south OC tommorrow at around 2 if that helps

MarkyMark
10-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Yeah its tuff hooking up on those busy Holiday weekends. I will give you a buzz when I can do a pick up. Thanks for trying....Mark

riverroyal
10-26-2005, 10:44 AM
just let me know,maybe if someone commutes on the 15 we can make that work???We will be at the light parade dec 1st thru 3rd,if your going then.Tob was talking about going also,that was over a few apple martinis,he may not remember

MarkyMark
10-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Sounds good.. Thanks...

Magic34
10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
For anyone interested......
I stated that we own the company Dri Wash 'n Guard waterless car wash products. I can get people some product quickly anywhere across North America. We pioneered the waterless car wash industry 15 years ago.
Here is what I can do for anyone interested....
One of our best products Ultra-Ion is a waterless wash product and protective glaze that is the only product you will need for your trucks and boats, even motorcycles. It is the only stuff I use on my boat, truck, trailer, golf cart, and quad.
This product works on all painted surfaces, windows, chrome, powdercoat, etc. You'll be amazed after you see how it works on your paint, and then take it to the chrome and try it there. :wink:
The retail price on our Ultra-Ion product with pump bottle retails for $29.95 plus shipping.
For the first time order only, I will send anyone who requests this product for $10.00 shipped to your door. That is a $35+ value for $10. I am also going to include our buffing towel, wil retails for $5 in it for free as well. So over $40 of product with pumper and towel for $10. My distributors don't even buy it this cheap.
PM me if interested. A few people have used it here on the boards. I haven't hit the boards hard with this stuff, but how excited everyone gets over it, I thought I would throw this out there.
Once again, this is only a 1 time thing, you will not be able to purchase it at the $10 shipped after you get your first bottle.

riverroyal
10-26-2005, 11:02 AM
it works great,got rid of swirl marks and spider webs,left it very smooth.10$,Ill take 300 bottles :eek:

DCBDaytona
10-26-2005, 11:17 AM
you have to drop the BIG BLING DOLLARS on a new one :notam: :squiggle: :D to get a free care package..... in other words, you have to spend 300k to get a free 30.00 gallon of cleaner :frown:
Alright, my dad has an F-29, so does he qualify??