PDA

View Full Version : Ocotillo anyone?

bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 02:16 PM
we're heading for the dirt friday coming home sunday. we'll be getting some sand time later in the season. for now it's all about the dirt. :cool:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 02:21 PM
What the heck, I'm in. :D

Do F150's Float?
10-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Ohohoh! Can I sleep in a motorhome? If so, i'm totally in!

Ziggy
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Don't forget the lung filters for that place...... :wink: Ocotillo Wells goes off bigtime on Halloween so the dust will be flying.

76ANTHONY
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
well good morning :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Make your dibs now, g-friend and you are in. :p (If I were, I would claim upper bed :D )

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Don't forget the lung filters for that place...... :wink: Ocotillo Wells goes off bigtime on Halloween so the dust will be flying.
Don't be a nay-sayer. :D Halloween can't be any worse than any other holiday there so I am not worried about it. :hammer2:

Do F150's Float?
10-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Make your dibs now, g-friend and you are in. :p (If I were, I would claim upper bed :D )
Ummm....DIBS! LOL... :D
well good morning :D
Oh...i've been here...lurking today, not too much to talk about :wink:

riverbound
10-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Going to Pismo or I would be all over it. :frown:

Ziggy
10-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Don't be a nay-sayer. :D Halloween can't be any worse than any other holiday there so I am not worried about it. :hammer2:
Not naying it at all, just suggesting a good dust mask unless there's a rain shower to keep it down.
A few times driving home from Glamis it looked like there was a tornado in Ocotillo there was so much dust flying....
Good times for all.............

1stepcloser
10-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Were heading to Lucerne area, probably Johnson valley.

BOBALOO
10-25-2005, 03:07 PM
We took the bikes out to Johnson Valley (BFE) last sunday and had a blast. There are a couple high/steep dunes to play on and plenty of desert riding. Too bad I did not bring the camera, there were some awesome shots to be taken. It was nice also b/c it had rained earlier in the week so the dust was at a minimum
We have a big group going out to Ocotillo of of Cahuilla this weekend but we have a couple parties to go to so we wont be there.
We are going to Glamis the weekend AFTER Halloween so if anyone else will be there lets get a group together. Jason and Linda you NEED to play in the sand sometime, Git Er Done.
The new bike rips ! CRF450X
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4418crf_1-med.jpg
Angie on her YZ85 at El Mirage
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4418yz_1-med.jpg

BOBALOO
10-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Were heading to Lucerne area, probably Johnson valley.
I went there for the first time last weekend and the bomb craters are all full of water. and the lakebed is a shallow lake off of Means rd (sp)The dunes were awesome b/c they were still wet about 6" down.
Takes a while to get out there from my house though,I would camp overnight next time if I could.

casean
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
we're heading for the dirt friday coming home sunday. we'll be getting some sand time later in the season. for now it's all about the dirt. :cool:
We'll be there this weekend with a large group of friends. Leaving Thursday night and will be there through Sunday. It's all about riding hard pack for us right now also. We'll be switching over to the sand come December.
Where are you camping? We are camping at the North end, by the S22.

1stepcloser
10-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I went there for the first time last weekend and the bomb craters are all full of water. and the lakebed is a shallow lake off of Means rd (sp)The dunes were awesome b/c they were still wet about 6" down.
Takes a while to get out there from my house though,I would camp overnight next time if I could.
We dont normally go that deep out there, but D-37 is racing up near Camp rock, so were going a little further out.
Beside's the sand is kind of fun. :)

THOR
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
We'll be there this weekend with a large group of friends. Leaving Thursday night and will be there through Sunday. It's all about riding hard pack for us right now also. We'll be switching over to the sand come December.
Is that near Truck Haven?
We will be out by the Ocotillo Ranger station near blow sand hill.

Havasu Luvr
10-25-2005, 04:27 PM
We're doing Stoddard Valley OHV area. Only a few miles from home and great riding. Johnson Valley OHV area has been a very popular place and is full of moogles from the 2 wheeler's. To old for the up & down riding...more into trail riding. Everyone be safe

MUDXPRT
10-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Leaving Friday for Bell Mountain comming back Sunday.

Havasu Luvr
10-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Leaving Friday for Bell Mountain comming back Sunday.
Hey, come a little farther north and a few miles east. We'll be set up off off Stoddard Wells Road east of Granger's Race Way. Maybe we could hook-up. Friday - sunday also....

bordsmnj
10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
we stay off of cahuilla just over the little ridge/hill from hidden valley camp. we normally ride out to pumkin patch in the am and then ride over to blow sand in the afternoon. i would like to do to blow sand at night some time.

casean
10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Yes it is. We are going to be just South East of Truck Haven, on the South side of the S-22. Maybe will run into you out at Shell Reef or Pumpkin Patch, and have a cold one. Unfortunately none of our bikes stick out. I could tell you to look for a bunch of CRF 450's, but that doesn't do any good :D

sea2lake
10-25-2005, 08:30 PM
heres a pic of my bike, ill be with casean and group

sea2lake
10-25-2005, 08:31 PM
trying to leave thursday night too

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Only a couple more days! Wooooo-hoooooo!!!!!!! :)

Mrs. casean
10-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Only a couple more days! Wooooo-hoooooo!!!!!!! :)
I've got lots to do tonigiht! Bake, cook, pack, :jawdrop: :D But it's all worth it! You all have a great time wherever you are camping! Maybe we'll see some of you at the pumpkin patch or something! I heard last weekend was really muddy out there :notam:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 07:26 AM
I've got lots to do tonigiht! Bake, cook, pack, :jawdrop: :D But it's all worth it! You all have a great time wherever you are camping! Maybe we'll see some of you at the pumpkin patch or something! I heard last weekend was really muddy out there :notam:
I thought you said you were going somewhere else this weekend????? :confused:
We are planning on camping off Cahuilla just past Hidden Valley but I just read on another forum that there is some huge group party thing going on there, like 300 people or something. I am guessing if we don't camp where we normally do, we would just keep going on Cahuilla, just a little further than normal.
Maybe we will see you at Pumpkin Patch. I have a yellow honda 400 and my husband has a blue Yamaha Yfz450. Just look for the good looking people. hahahhahaha :D

Do F150's Float?
10-27-2005, 07:30 AM
What time is the departure on friday? :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 07:32 AM
What time is the departure on friday? :)
I am taking 1/2 day so as soon as I get home, around noonish or so. :D

riverbound
10-27-2005, 07:33 AM
Dont you ever work :D

Do F150's Float?
10-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Ok, I don't know if i can make it outta here that early...we're moving our office friday, so...might need directions so i dont get lost! :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Dont you ever work :D
You don't consider posting on ***boat and taking off early for river/desert trips a job???? You need to have your head examed. ;) :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Ok, I don't know if i can make it outta here that early...we're moving our office friday, so...might need directions so i dont get lost! :D
Okkeeedokeeee! :wink: :)
Have you talked to Goose? He is claiming he is coming out saturday afternoon. You buyin that story???

Do F150's Float?
10-27-2005, 07:53 AM
Okkeeedokeeee! :wink: :)
Have you talked to Goose? He is claiming he is coming out saturday afternoon. You buyin that story???
I dunno, that's what he said yesterday...i was trying to figure out how he's gonna get there...or if i should wait around for his azz? :confused:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 07:58 AM
I dunno, that's what he said yesterday...i was trying to figure out how he's gonna get there...or if i should wait around for his azz? :confused:
Its your call. What time will be able to get off on friday?

Do F150's Float?
10-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Its your call. What time will be able to get off on friday?
Hopefully by 2... I gotta call robert & see if he still wants me to take him & his quad. I can probably just get my stuff together & leave from work...I'll keep ya posted :D

JETEATER
10-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Werw Going to the poker run up at slash X
Camping off of outlet center
Leaving friday come home sunday
http://barstowpokerrun.com/index%20menu.html

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 08:16 AM
best bet is to light up a cig,never take it ouuta your mouth,that will filter the dust from that pile'o'rocks :yuk:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 08:32 AM
best bet is to light up a cig,never take it ouuta your mouth,that will filter the dust from that pile'o'rocks :yuk:
I am glad you don't like Ocotillo. Stay away. More fun for us. :yuk:

Mrs. casean
10-27-2005, 08:37 AM
I thought you said you were going somewhere else this weekend????? :confused:
We are planning on camping off Cahuilla just past Hidden Valley but I just read on another forum that there is some huge group party thing going on there, like 300 people or something. I am guessing if we don't camp where we normally do, we would just keep going on Cahuilla, just a little further than normal.
Maybe we will see you at Pumpkin Patch. I have a yellow honda 400 and my husband has a blue Yamaha Yfz450. Just look for the good looking people. hahahhahaha :D
300 people! Damn! We usually do camp further out off Cahuilla... Cahuilla and Gas Dome on the right side... it's a great area! But we are camping somewhere else this weekend... off the S22 which is the north side of Ocotillo Wells. So we'll still be able to cover the usual territory :D I'm sure we will do our usual runs to the Pumpkin Patch and Mud Pots... if you happen to see a Black & Red Honda quad w/o stickers, a white yamaha blaster, lots of CRF 450's a blue YZF I think, a blue buggy, a red buggy it's probably us... along w/ two banshee's. We will probably camp off Pole Line Rd for Veterans weekend I think. I'm so ready to get out there! Should be nice weather!

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I am glad you don't like Ocotillo. Stay away. More fun for us. :yuk:
I go all the time!i do like it,its just dusty,But I will camp far away if you like :wink:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 09:20 AM
I go all the time!i do like it,its just dusty,But I will camp far away if you like :wink:
Oh, my bad. I thought you were poo-pooing me. Sorry. :wink:

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 09:25 AM
we go there on quick weekends,kids dont care about the dust,they just wanna ride!

riverbound
10-27-2005, 09:55 AM
You don't consider posting on ***boat and taking off early for river/desert trips a job???? You need to have your head examed. ;) :D
You do have a vlid point there :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:01 AM
You do have a vlid point there :D
A vlid point??? :hammerhea Thanks, you have a vlid point too. :)

bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:09 AM
ok, just got rv style toilet paper, tank-smell-good, propane,coffee,gatoraid, and stuff. off to get generator here soon at costco via camp word to see about a starter for other POS generator.then i just gotta get the tranny flushed, change oil in quads and rv and clean air filters and wd40 everything up. and the list goes on,lol. labor of love.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:10 AM
ok, just got rv style toilet paper, tank-smell-good, propane,coffee,gatoraid, and stuff. off to get generator here soon at costco via camp word to see about a starter for other POS generator.then i just gotta get the tranny flushed, change oil in quads and rv and clean air filters and wd40 everything up. and the list goes on,lol. labor of love.
Can I give you the rest of the shopping list too?? :smile:

bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:12 AM
submit via pm for editing. :D

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Can I give you the rest of the shopping list too?? :smile:
that same thing last week :wink:

bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
i also bought coffee and beef jerky what else could we need?

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 10:18 AM
to buy toilet paper i came home with a new trailer,I cant go anymore :hammerhea

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:18 AM
i also bought coffee and beef jerky what else could we need?
I need me some vodka and redbull. :eek: :D

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 10:20 AM
vodka and frescas.redbulls bad for ya :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:21 AM
vodka and frescas.redbulls bad for ya :D
Actually, I prefer vodka and Sprite. But I will try Fresca. :D

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 10:22 AM
more of a grapefruity taste,kicks ass,also peach fresca :smile:

bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:32 AM
so,coors light,cheese and salad fixin's? lol

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:33 AM
so,coors light,cheese and salad fixin's? lol
LOL, yes please. :D

bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:34 AM
to buy toilet paper i came home with a new trailer,I cant go anymore :hammerheathats why i only take cash instead of plastic to places like walmart or costco.it gets rediculous in a hurry :mix:

bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:36 AM
300 people! Damn! We usually do camp further out off Cahuilla... Cahuilla and Gas Dome on the right side... it's a great area! But we are camping somewhere else this weekend... off the S22 which is the north side of Ocotillo Wells. So we'll still be able to cover the usual territory :D I'm sure we will do our usual runs to the Pumpkin Patch and Mud Pots... if you happen to see a Black & Red Honda quad w/o stickers, a white yamaha blaster, lots of CRF 450's a blue YZF I think, a blue buggy, a red buggy it's probably us... along w/ two banshee's. We will probably camp off Pole Line Rd for Veterans weekend I think. I'm so ready to get out there! Should be nice weather!
i haven't camped on the northern side yet. want to try that this season at some point to explore the territory over there. also wanna try superstition and of course glamis,lol never been there yet. we used our paddles once last year. :hammer2:

Foxy..
10-27-2005, 10:45 AM
I need me some vodka and redbull. :eek: :D
I think you need a little Foxy :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 10:47 AM
I think you need a little Foxy :)
My love!!! where have you been?? Whats with the name change???
I miss you! My days are dull and lack buttcrack exposure and copping feels. :D

Foxy..
10-27-2005, 10:51 AM
My love!!! where have you been?? Whats with the name change???
I miss you! My days are dull and lack buttcrack exposure and copping feels. :D
Well I got booted somehow???
Oh well.. Not liked I guess :)
I miss you too!!! My butt crack is exposed here now often and no copping over here unless I wanted to grab balls - lol.

Do F150's Float?
10-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Spoonie! How have you been!!!?

Foxy..
10-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Spoonie! How have you been!!!?
Good I have missed you guys over here - But I got a badge and a uniform over in IL today :)

bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
the new hall monitor...Congrats! :D

Foxy..
10-27-2005, 11:11 AM
the new hall monitor...Congrats! :D
Thanks too bad the outfit did not come with a whip :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 11:13 AM
New hall monitor eh? Interesting! How did you score that gig? :mix:

Foxy..
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
New hall monitor eh? Interesting! How did you score that gig? :mix:
Bre gave me the rights because some guys not mentioning any names like RB were getting a little out of hand.

LAFD
10-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Bre gave me the rights because some guys not mentioning any names like RB were getting a little out of hand.
Well look who it is dont have time to write me anymore huh. how everything.

riverbound
10-27-2005, 11:28 AM
HEY....I was just hazing the newbies (wilbillg) not mentioning any names ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 11:29 AM
LOL, that is funny, "keep your man under control, would ya?" :D

riverbound
10-27-2005, 11:30 AM
LOL, that is funny, "keep your man under control, would ya?" :D
Hey... :devil:

Mrs. casean
10-28-2005, 09:25 AM
All Ocotilla Bound HB'rs.... have a great weekend out there! We're out tonight. Maybe we'll see some of you out there! Although it's like picking a needle out of a haystack w/ all the bikes that look alike :D HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
And if you're off to somewhere else... have fun!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-28-2005, 10:33 AM
That sounds like the same place we stay :idea:
:D
What a coinkie-dinkie! :D
What are you guys doing this weekend? When is our first dirt trip together, Thanksgiving??? :messedup:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Yep!!!!!
We will be leaving on Wed. night and staying untill late Sunday.
We will also be heading out for a couple overnight trips B-4 that :shift:
super duper! Make sure to let us know when you are going.
For Thanksgiving, I think our plan is the same as yours. Wooo-hooooo!!! :D

THOR
10-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Yes it is. We are going to be just South East of Truck Haven, on the South side of the S-22. Maybe will run into you out at Shell Reef or Pumpkin Patch, and have a cold one. Unfortunately none of our bikes stick out. I could tell you to look for a bunch of CRF 450's, but that doesn't do any good :D
Two 1996 CR 250's that my Dad and I will be on. My Dad rides great for 62. Nothing better than riding with pops to Pumpkin Patch or Salton Sea. We will be camping way south of you by the Ocotillo ranger station.

missboatnam1
10-28-2005, 08:04 PM
hey linda, joeys going to be out there too...look for old brown betsy...im so bummed!!!...this weekend working thing sucks :yuk: ...so im off a week at thanks giving, we ALL need to start planning :)
have fun you guys!!!!

hotsand65
10-29-2005, 04:12 PM
We are going this weekend - however, my husband and son left today and my daughter and I can't leave until tomorrow morning due to a softball game. My husband is reeeeaaaallllly bad with directions, is there anyone out there that can give them to me? I'm leaving from Temecula? Pete if your reading this can you call me???

Caribbean Jet
10-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Two 1996 CR 250's that my Dad and I will be on. My Dad rides great for 62. Nothing better than riding with pops to Pumpkin Patch or Salton Sea. We will be camping way south of you by the Ocotillo ranger station.
Man I wish that we were out there. Have fun and be safe.

BOBALOO
10-29-2005, 04:45 PM
super duper! Make sure to let us know when you are going.
For Thanksgiving, I think our plan is the same as yours. Wooo-hooooo!!! :D
What plans are these? Are you guys Ocotillo bound again, I have a bike that is all clean and it needs to get DIRTY!!!!! I just got a paddle and new gear for Glamis but cant go til next weekend. Check out the light, can anyone say NIGHT RIDE!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4418crf_paddle-med.jpg

BOBALOO
10-29-2005, 04:54 PM
We are going this weekend - however, my husband and son left today and my daughter and I can't leave until tomorrow morning due to a softball game. My husband is reeeeaaaallllly bad with directions, is there anyone out there that can give them to me? I'm leaving from Temecula? Pete if your reading this can you call me???
If you are heading out the 79 south it will take you about an hour and a half or less.
Take the 79 south
Just after Warner Springs will be the S2
Go left (east) on the S2 until you get to the 78 (S2 dead ends into the 78)
Make a left on the 78 and go through the hills, just stay on this road until you get to the large gathering of motorhomes and dirt bikes.
You are there, Have fun.

hotsand65
10-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Thank You Bobaloo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod VP
10-29-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't have your new # Wendy,call me 714-904-2040 ;)

hotsand65
10-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Thank you Pete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!