PDA

View Full Version : Time Change

MsDrmr
10-27-2005, 06:33 AM
Don't forget to turn your clocks back this weekend.

riverracerx
10-27-2005, 09:32 AM
I am actually happy about this for once in my life. Tired of getting up in the dark!
Try getting a 7 year old up for school in the dark too.

riverroyal
10-27-2005, 09:34 AM
be depressed by wednesday,watch all the drama and bs on here by the following weekend,traffics get bad,it gets cold,californians go into a weird funk every year

AZKC
10-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't have to :smile:

HocusPocus
10-27-2005, 09:44 AM
i really hate this time of year. :(

welk2party
10-27-2005, 10:09 AM
This is when I get up in the dark and come home in the dark...YUK! :burningm:

Ziggy
10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Smart Arse.... :boxingguy
BTW--what happened to the delayed time change Idea??? I thought it was happening? I hate going home in the dark far worse than getting up in it....although I can T off a little earlier next Saturday :rolleyes: :D

Sleek-Jet
10-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Smart Arse.... :boxingguy
BTW--what happened to the delayed time change Idea??? I thought it was happening? I hate going home in the dark far worse than getting up in it....although I can T off a little earlier next Saturday :rolleyes: :D
A couple years in the future I heard????
But since it doesn't effect me, I don't pay to much attention... :D

HCS
10-27-2005, 10:49 AM
I am actually happy about this for once in my life. Tired of getting up in the dark!
Try getting a 7 year old up for school in the dark too.
Hate this time of year. My 6 year old doesn't have a problem getting up but he ask. Why is it dark?
Then on the weekend when I want to sleep in he's jumping all over me to get me up. I tell him. It's still dark out! Go back to sleep! :cry:

HocusPocus
10-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Hate this time of year. My 6 year old doesn't have a problem getting up but he ask. Why is it dark?
Then on the weekend when I want to sleep in he's jumping all over me to get me up. I tell him. It's still dark out! Go back to sleep! :cry:
its funny how that works. :D :skull:

HCS
10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
I thought they pushed the time change back a month? Are you sure that it is going to change this weekend?
I was wandering that myself. That should phuck everybody up!

Sleek-Jet
10-27-2005, 11:13 AM
On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday of March, and end the first Sunday of November. Note that the Secretary shall report to Congress on the impact of this change. Congress retains the right to revert the Daylight Saving Time back to the 2005 time schedules once the Department study is complete.
:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Think of the brightside, we all get an extra hour of fun this weekend. Make the most of it!!!!!!! :D

MsDrmr
10-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I thought they pushed the time change back a month? Are you sure that it is going to change this weekend?
Thats what I heard, sorry to bring the bad news.

Captain Dan
10-27-2005, 11:53 AM
If they did change the date watch out for all of the electronic devices that automatically change the time, (VCR's watches, GPS's, computers).

SK48
10-27-2005, 11:54 AM
I hate the time change. I live in Parker Az. so the time doesn't change,
but work in Calif. I have customers on both sides of the river in it is
a big pain in the winter.

IN2-IN2MX
10-27-2005, 11:55 AM
be depressed by wednesday,watch all the drama and bs on here by the following weekend,traffics get bad,it gets cold,californians go into a weird funk every year
Couldn't have said it better myself. :skull:
Bring the summer baaaaackkkk! :cool:

Captain Dan
10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Date change in 2007
On August 8, 2005, President George W. Bush signed the Energy Policy Act of 2005. This Act changed the time change dates in the U.S. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday of March, and end the first Sunday of November. Note that the Secretary shall report to Congress on the impact of this change. Congress retains the right to revert the Daylight Saving Time back to the 2005 time schedules once the Department study is complete.

MsDrmr
10-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Date change in 2007
Now the ? will be how many years will the study go on. It seems you would not be able to successfully access the results based on one years study?

Miss Managed Assets
10-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Ok, now that I was totally confused I checked it out. It is this weekend. The extension to the first Sunday in November starts in "2007".
Yes, I to hate this time of year, dark when I leave and Dark when I come home! :)

Captain Dan
10-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Now the ? will be how many years will the study go on. It seems you would not be able to successfully access the results based on one years study?
It's the Federal Government. The study will go on indefinitely!
I say: don't change the date, eliminate! Who needs it?

MsDrmr
10-27-2005, 01:09 PM
It's the Federal Government. The study will go on indefinitely!
I say: don't change the date, eliminate! Who needs it?
I second that.

Mardonzi
10-27-2005, 01:14 PM
I'll be happier than I can stand to be once the time changes... Living in AZ, but working on either the Navajo Reservation (they do DST, even in AZ) or New Mexico means that I have to deal with it.... nothing like having to leave the house at 3 am to make an 8 am meeting that is 4 hours away...

Tequila-John
10-27-2005, 01:18 PM
thats 1 thing i love about AZ no lame ass time change DING!

carreraelite
10-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Why even mess with the clock?? Pick a time and leave it........ I like not having to mess with the DST....... :D

HCS
10-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Why even mess with the clock?? Pick a time and leave it........ I like not having to mess with the DST....... :D
I can't figure that out either. Split the hour and move the clocks 1/2 hour and leave it. :squiggle:

AZKC
10-27-2005, 01:47 PM
I'll be happier than I can stand to be once the time changes... Living in AZ, but working on either the Navajo Reservation (they do DST, even in AZ) or New Mexico means that I have to deal with it.... nothing like having to leave the house at 3 am to make an 8 am meeting that is 4 hours away...
Now that is just wrong, suffer jet lag and never leave the ground :notam: They should just do away with it all together :)

Red Eye
10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
woo hoo and extra hour at the bar this sat.

Caribbean Jet
10-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Just another reason to screw up my sleeping pattern again...

Jordy
10-27-2005, 03:27 PM
The best part of Daylight Savings:
Get on a plane to Vegas or Cali, and the planes fly really fast because you get there at the same time you took off (hour flights). :D
The worst part is the 2 hour flight home. :D :D

MsDrmr
10-27-2005, 03:37 PM
The best part of Daylight Savings:
Get on a plane to Vegas or Cali, and the planes fly really fast because you get there at the same time you took off (hour flights). :D
The worst part is the 2 hour flight home. :D :D
I experienced that a couple years ago, left Ontario airport at 3:15 and arrived in Arizona at 3:20 (something like that) Took me a while to realize it was not an error on the ticket, but the time change (duhh)

Jordy
10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
I experienced that a couple years ago, left Ontario airport at 3:15 and arrived in Arizona at 3:20 (something like that) Took me a while to realize it was not an error on the ticket, but the time change (duhh)
Probably would have been the other way around. You leave here and get there at the same time. Ontario to Phoenix is a 2 hour flight. Phoenix to Ontario takes no time at all. ;)

Ion
10-27-2005, 05:32 PM
What he said...