PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on the rearview mirror for this

MagicMtnDan
05-12-2006, 06:45 AM
Good news and bad news, depending on your propensity to break the law. The ancient Ford Police Interceptor is no longer the only police car on the market. Pretty soon, police departments will be able to trade in their archaic body-on-frame Fords with their underpowered 250-hp 4.6-liter V-8s for the new Dodge Charger squad car, which is considerably faster, better handling, more efficient, and safer.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13601&stc=1

ZZ-Man
05-12-2006, 06:48 AM
What city or state are they running in ?

dkehzrd
05-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Ive seen a few in so cal.

lawbreaker2
05-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Can wait to get a ride in that baby. :rollside:

JetBoatRich
05-12-2006, 06:57 AM
it comes with bracelets :cool:

lawbreaker2
05-12-2006, 07:03 AM
BLING BLING :rollside:

NOTALENT
05-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Screw that....why dont you just go buy one..... :crossx: For sale on EBAY right now....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-DODGE-CHARGER-POLICE-HEMI_W0QQitemZ4638033196QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

Dave C
05-12-2006, 07:21 AM
I test drove one of those chargers before I bought my car. Those things are bad ass. Especially now that they have the 425 HP hemi available (SRT8)
Since it sits on a Mercedes chassis, it drives like a mercedes but sounds like a nascar. Plus the look is unmistakeably "American."
I really liked that car. I think I bought the wrong car. :crossx:

G-Body
05-12-2006, 08:24 PM
True, but even without the new dodge charger you still have to worry about the B4C police pursuit camaros, they are not exactly slow.

H20Advantage
05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Ford failed to keep up with the new technology and and got comfortable because they were the only game in town after Chevy pulled the plug on building police cars.
The new Dodge has new technology, power (Hemi :) ) and room inside. They are prewired for all of the electronic equiptment departments are putting in them also. Hopefully the Dodges won't start to rattle and shake like the Fords do after a few thousand miles.
They will be using the Chargers for patrol and Magnums for supervisor vehicles because they can haul more equiptment in the back
You will start seeing them in Orange County by the end of summer.
Now we will see some good pursuits, rice rockets beware....... :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/803charger-squad.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/803magnum-squad.jpg

77charger
05-12-2006, 08:44 PM
I have heard about it for a while about the dodges some even using the 300s.But the chargers seem to be bad ass car for police work.

HTRDLNCN
05-12-2006, 09:02 PM
It looks right at home as taxicab/cop car..
Kinda like a modern Checker cab..

Newcastle
05-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Lets just say, some local PD's refuse to order the new Charger's with the V8...they don't want the public to see 'Hemi' on the car. They say it 'gives the wrong impression.' Don't ask me why. I say just take the logo off, but it's not my call. I'm all for 'em

JustMVG
05-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Too Funny!!!!

MudPumper
05-13-2006, 03:47 AM
You will soon be seeing some around the LA area :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

bigq
05-13-2006, 06:13 AM
Lets just say, some local PD's refuse to order the new Charger's with the V8...they don't want the public to see 'Hemi' on the car. They say it 'gives the wrong impression.' Don't ask me why. I say just take the logo off, but it's not my call. I'm all for 'em
That would be stupid, like you say they can just take it off and they are the police. The mileage for cruising really is impressive for the power they put out though. I am sure most would hae there foot in it.

Tom Brown
05-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Plus the look is unmistakeably "American."
If there's one thing I like about Americans, it's your self deprecating sense of humor. :cool:

KACHINA KEN
05-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Screw that....why dont you just go buy one..... :crossx: For sale on EBAY right now....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-DODGE-CHARGER-POLICE-HEMI_W0QQitemZ4638033196QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem
Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Jake: [Jake lights a cigarette and then throws the lighter out of the window] Fix the cigarette lighter.

Sleek-Jet
05-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Uni-body sucks... :D
The AZ Highway Patrol have been running unmarked Impala's (the FWD ones) for a while. And I mean un-marked, these cars look just like grandma's car, except for the blacked out windows, which in traffic, is hard to spot.
The Charger/Magnum should make an interesting cruiser... they need to dump those wheels though, and go with an updated policy rally wheel, like the old Grand Fury's used to run... :idea:

BoatPI
05-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Expect to see the Charger's used for a highway car, and Fords form local LE. the Fords are larger, and the Hemi would drive up the collision costs. The Magnum is not sutable for regular patrol as it does not have a trunk, and a limited crush zone. And the Hemi is an optional engine, with the 3.5 V-6 standard.
This car would have been out a year ago but Dodge had faulty electronics as the MBZ anti rollover engine shut down system activated when the car was tossed around. Secondly the front doors bent forward to the fenders, like a pretzel. A lack of support. They did stick to the road and have mucho power, again better for the highway as a cage might not fit in the back seat area. And don't knock the Ford, if you really know how to drive, and have had the oppertunity to drive one on a track, u would be amazed at it's ability. Nice car.

HTRDLNCN
05-14-2006, 07:21 PM
the FHP has a buffet of undercover cars.
From HiPo Saleen Mustangs,Camaro SS, Trailblazer SS, a whole bunch of Marauders including some supercharged ones to a ton of plain jane Subbys,Tahoes,Impalas,etc,ect..
Just never know anymore who might be behind the dark tinits..

H20Advantage
05-14-2006, 08:45 PM
And don't knock the Ford, if you really know how to drive, and have had the oppertunity to drive one on a track, u would be amazed at it's ability. Nice car.
I've driven several generations of patrol cars and found the Ford is gutless. I do know how to drive but found they lack the HP to catch anything with a little power. When you get on it to catch a runner all you see is them getting away.
I went from the last model of Chevy to the new Ford and experienced hood wobble at 80+mph. I've seen more Fords crashed than any of the other models of patrol cars we have had in the past. I have since left patrol and went onto special assignments and have been spared driving them.