PDA

View Full Version : Divers....Fin Questions??

cdog
10-28-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm leaving for Belize on Saturday. What do you think about the Scuba Pro split fins? Good or Bad? The local shop in Orange sells them for $135.00.

Magic34
10-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Look out for sharks.
Sorry, I added nothing useful to your thread. I have not and will not ever dive because of.... dada dada daaada.... F'N SHARKS!!!!
Hell, that keeps me out of the ocean all together.

cdog
10-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Look out for sharks.
Sorry, I added nothing useful to your thread. I have not and will not ever dive because of.... dada dada daaada.... F'N SHARKS!!!!
Hell, that keeps me out of the ocean all together.
Their not that bad. I've been in the water around 5 or 6 Six foot black tip reef sharks and a big nurse shark. It's a rush.

DCB
10-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Any split fin will be more efficient than a standard blade fin. If money allows, purchase the split fins with the heel strap, and get a pair of neoprene booties. This will prevent your feet from getting blisters if you spend a lot of time in the water.

scarabrick2
10-28-2005, 08:06 AM
once you get use to them it will be OK . they however SUCK when your swimming on the surface. Just remember to keep a straight leg. Sharks NAAAA they usually just swim away from divers unless they are really curious.
Rick
x-Navy diver

Sane Asylum
10-28-2005, 08:12 AM
I'm leaving for Belize on Saturday. What do you think about the Scuba Pro split fins? Good or Bad? The local shop in Orange sells them for $135.00.
GOOD CHOICE!!........I made the swap last year and it makes a lot of difference......Doesn't seem like my ankles get as tired after a couple of tanks IMHO.......

cdog
10-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Thanks guy's for the info. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Is there anything I should make sure to see when diving in Belize? We're stayin at the Jaguar Paw in the jungle for 3 days then stayin at Ramones Villiage for 5 days.

Sane Asylum
10-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks guy's for the info. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Is there anything I should make sure to see when diving in Belize? We're stayin at the Jaguar Paw in the jungle for 3 days then stayin at Ramones Villiage for 5 days.
Take Magic34 with you for shark bait........Wear a wetsuit whether you need to or not.....(I can share a lesson that has something to do with a certain coral..... :cry: ....I believe it was called Fire coral or something like that)
Have fun.....

cdog
10-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Take Magic34 with you for shark bait........Wear a wetsuit whether you need to or not.....(I can share a lesson that has something to do with a certain coral..... :cry: ....I believe it was called Fire coral or something like that)
Have fun.....
Ouch! I've heard about that stuff. Wet suit is a definate. Nice Boat!

CMZRACING
10-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Ive Been Diving For About 4 Years Now, Have Had Quite A Few Pairs Of Fins. The Best I Found For Control And Mobility Are The Scuba Pro Jet Fins. They Are The Best Ive Used, And Felt The Most Comfortable Diving With. Just My .02

Shock21
10-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Those are great fins. When I dive the tropics, I use Tusa's Expert Zoom splits, alot cheaper and work very well. Alot lighter too. Have agood time. I'm heading out to the British Virgin Islands next month.

OGShocker
10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
MAN, that rocks!! I took my Dad there for our last trip together. We had a great time at Jaguar Paw. The cave is one of the best floats in the world. Take your gear there along with a small goody bag.
I stayed at Manta Reef for 10 days when I was younger. They let me spear fish for our dinners and dive for Lobster. That was a GREAT dive trip.
Good luck and have a great trip!

TrojanDan
10-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Those are great fins. When I dive the tropics, I use Tusa's Expert Zoom splits, alot cheaper and work very well. Alot lighter too. Have agood time. I'm heading out to the British Virgin Islands next month.
My g/f and I both use the Tusa Expert Zooms. They are great split fins but they do take up a lot of the room because of the length and angle. www.leisurepro.com has great deals on Scuba gear. :cool: