PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with getting divorce's

H20 Toie
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
So is there some class that women take to learn how to suck the life out of a person,
I bought her a new avalanche since she didn't want the h2 anymore she kept the house and i get to keep making the payments until it's paid off. she gets more money than a lot of people (that work)for 10 years ( we were married 14) but no now she wants me to sell the boat :mad: :mad: :mad: and pay off her house in a year. WTF i guess i need to start robbing banks to support her.
i don't think she likes the boat :D Maybe it all the free time she has, you know it's tough cleaning up the house before the maid gets there.

MBlaster
11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
So is there some class that women take to learn how to suck the life out of a person,
I bought her a new avalanche since she didn't want the h2 anymore she kept the house and i get to keep making the payments until it's paid off. she gets more money than a lot of people (that work)for 10 years ( we were married 14) but no now she wants me to sell the boat :mad: :mad: :mad: and pay off her house in a year. WTF i guess i need to start robbing banks to support her.
i don't think she likes the boat :D Maybe it all the free time she has, you know it's tough cleaning up the house before the maid gets there.
Sucks man,
Guess she got a helluva lawyer.

slink
11-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Tell her to shiat in one hand and wish in the other, see which one piles up first.

mbrown2
11-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear the misfortune.....seems like a lot of divorces/seperations lately....:(

OGShocker
11-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles.
On the bright side, you don't have put up with that constant shrill shit in you ears. :wink:
Come'n riding with us on Sunday!?! :)

Mrs.Racer277
11-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Good lord. What is wrong with her??? :confused: I thought I wanted everything. ;) Sorry to hear you are going thru all this.

SummitKarl
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Fight Fire with Fire
Get Female Lawyer....There is a method to my maddness...trust me..get a female lawyer.....

Windy
11-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Good lord. What is wrong with her??? :confused:
Exactly what I was thinken...some people. :rolleyes:

H20 Toie
11-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Fight Fire with Fire
Get Female Lawyer....There is a method to my maddness...trust me..get a female lawyer.....
i did :yuk:

OGShocker
11-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Fight Fire with Fire
Three divorces, no payments and I kept everything I needed. Your madness, my success! :D
Denise ever leaves me and I will have lost ALL I ever needed. :frown:

Man-de-lone
11-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Dang dude, marry me, I want some free stuff. :D

H20 Toie
11-02-2005, 09:16 PM
It's got so stupid that the guys working for me want there wifes to marry me so they can get part of the pie. yep a hooker would have be a lot cheaper and at least you get what you pay for.
That's not true i love my wife and we have a great daughter, it's just pissing me off right now, i think i need to get drunk :idea:

OGShocker
11-02-2005, 09:20 PM
It's got so stupid that the guys working for me want there wifes to marry me so they can get part of the pie. yep a hooker would have be a lot cheaper and at least you get what you pay for.
That's not true i love my wife and we have a great daughter, it's just pissing me off right now, i think i need to get drunk :idea:
Marry Mandy!, he'll drink with you! :notam:

OutCole'd
And he puts out on the first date..... :hammer2:

Man-de-lone
Hell yeah! :cool:

slink
11-02-2005, 09:21 PM
and I heard he puts out :wink:

H20 Toie
11-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Who the hell is mandy and since you he i am not or ever will be that drunk

76ANTHONY
11-02-2005, 09:25 PM
dam dude sorry fro your missfortune, but my .02, get a fat male laywer that was picked on in highschool and couldnt get a date with 200.00 bucks taped to his forehead, it worked for me...my laywer kicks a$$... :devil: :devil:

OGShocker
11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Who the hell is mandy and since you he i am not or ever will be that drunk
He is here..... I hear he's TIGHT!!! (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1634968&postcount=11) :notam:

SummitKarl
i did :yuk:
get OG's Female lawyer :D and file for re-adjustment

welk2party
Sorry to hear about your situation. Divorce in my family is akin to getting the flu. It is not a question of if but when. I have seen so much uglyness that it makes me sick. It looks like you are past the point of fixing anything. I waited to get married because of my family history..but even that is no guarntee tha I am the one to break the cycle. It will get really nasty when assets and kids are invloved....just dig in and fight for what you want...other than that...get used to that feeling in your rear coming off bits at a time.

OGShocker
11-02-2005, 09:29 PM
get OG's Female lawyer :D and file for re-adjustment
I think she is dead now. :( She made more off me than the Ex's and it was worth it!

H20 Toie
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Dang dude, marry me, I want some free stuff. :D
NO :crossx:

welk2party
11-02-2005, 09:33 PM
What is the time frame for alimony? I think someone told me to really evaluate my marriage when the 10 year is coming up. Otherwise they can ding you for alimony or something. Not that I am thinking about it in my marriage.... :eek:

welk2party
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
NO :crossx:
That does not leave much wiggle room! :)

H20 Toie
11-02-2005, 09:38 PM
What is the time frame for alimony? I think someone told me to really evaluate my marriage when the 10 year is coming up. Otherwise they can ding you for alimony or something. Not that I am thinking about it in my marriage.... :eek:
After 10yrs it's considered a long term marriage and you have to pay alimony for half the time you were married, i have a 9 yr old so i agreed to pay for 10 yrs until my daughter is 19 so at least she would have as stable of life as possible.

welk2party
11-02-2005, 09:40 PM
not 105 sure on this, but I think that up until 10yrs, you pay alimony for 1/2 the amount of time your were married i.e married 8, pay for the next four. After ten, I heard it's for the rest of her life unless she remarries
OUCH! :yuk:

slink
11-02-2005, 09:42 PM
OUCH! :yuk:
Sorry, tried to edit and accidently deleted it....like I said, not 100% sure

H20 Toie
11-02-2005, 09:43 PM
That's not true, she want alimony for the rest of her life and there is no way the court would go for that (thank god)

welk2party
11-02-2005, 09:46 PM
No matter how you slice the pie...it still end up sliced, and you get the piece no one wants.

slink
11-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Good...BTW, they reason she wants you to sell the boat is because she knows you'll use it to pull new ladies. Had it happen to a buddy of mine. I actually got his ex to admit it to me one night.....biatch :devil:

slink
11-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah Slinky, NOW just splain what YOU were doin with "his ex one night" ! Busted!
Rio :D
mutual friends house.......no buddy fockin here :lightsabe

KACHINA KEN
11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Bullets are cheaper. Notice there are no smiley faces indicating Im joking.

lewiville
11-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Fight Fire with Fire
Best thing I ever did. My ex thought she had the best of me when she hired a high falutin attorney from O.C. I hired a Black female, middle age, from down town Riverside. Kicked the shNot out of her attorney on the first hearing back in March and then her attorney fired her and she got another one that is trying to talk some sense into her and she still wont listen to the advice of her new attorney. It worked out great because my attorney will be as agresive as I want or as nice as I want. I wish I could have taken a picture of my ex's face when she saw me walk in the court room with my attorney.....best money I ever spent.

Throttle
11-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Bullets are cheaper. Notice there are no smiley faces indicating Im joking.
mmm, need a target? i gotta x that gets too much $$, still f'n pisses me off! :argue:

Baller
11-03-2005, 05:13 AM
Wow ken.... I was too married for 14 yrs.. my ex hired a big time law firm in LA with 2 lawyers, I hired a female killer out of riverside known for a hard ass attitude.. Didn't take any crap from anyone including me.. It went on for 3 yrs... Forenic acountant, the whole 9 yards... She didn't belive the acctounts and changled his findings... My attorney made her pay all her legal fees, the Riverside courts don't like outsiders trying to come in with there LA attidude.. Her fees were 3 times of mine... I still had to pay 7 yrs alimony.. ( 3 left).. and a nice payoff.. but everything was excatly 50/50... and guess what... I coudn't be happier... as long as she was out of my life... I could go on and on.. but this is the just of it..

scarabrick2
11-03-2005, 06:42 AM
I'd sell the Boat (To a friend for say a couple of grand)(cheap), sell the house, (quitclaim to a friend for below market value). , give her half and send her on her way. I just escaped my marriage last week and lucky enough she had to buy me out of the house(she wanted to stay so she had to pay)
Rick

scarabrick2
11-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Oh yah , I had a Female, Jewish lawyer(the best). She was a judge for 6 yrs and we didn't have to go to court. She settled it in an hour an a half and thats with a 4 yrs old child. Plus since she was a judge she walked to thru the court and it took only a 1/2 a day and it was final. SOOO, find an attorney who was a judge is a female and is jewish.

lucky
11-03-2005, 06:56 AM
f-ck it -- Sell the house and pay off the house and the boat -- wait buy a bigger boat .. and a new h-1 The more you bend - the faterk you break ! only be nice during the divorce - it's your right to be a prick after : :cool:

scarabrick2
11-03-2005, 06:59 AM
You can't do that. It's like walking in to the DMV with a bill of sale for a 2004 Mercedes for $5000. They'll just charge you based on an appraised or blue book value.
You will only get what someone will be willing to pay for( on the boat). Put it up for sale and don't take any offers for awhile. Prove that you had it for sale but no one will pay what it's worth. Then sell it cheap to a buddy and split it . then of course buy it back:). People sell houses all the time in Calif for BELOW fair market value. Heck the place across from my friends house was for sale for 900K but after a week she needed to leave so she dropped it to 800K and thats 100K below fair market value. Sold in a heart beat and also screwed everyone on the block as far a comps

carreraelite
11-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Just don't get married, then you don't have to worry about divorce!! It's worked for me!! :D

soupersonic
11-03-2005, 07:13 AM
I was told to remember one thing...the best revenge is to be happy.
It works too, my ex tried hard to put my life in the toilet, i could write a book on the stories. Most women that are greedy like that are the vindictive bitter type and they want you to be miserable along with them.
Im doing better than i ever dreamed and it pisses her off,which makes me happy :D

riverbound
11-03-2005, 07:15 AM
That sucks to hear that....Firtunately fro me everythign has been VERY amicable in my divorce (so far) and we have gone the mediation route. We both decided that why spend the money on lawyers and walka way with even less. Good luck to you.

Huckleberry
11-03-2005, 07:16 AM
I was told to remember one thing...the best revenge is to be happy.
It works too, my ex tried hard to put my life in the toilet, i could write a book on the stories. Most women that are greedy like that are the vindictive bitter type and they want you to be miserable along with them.
Im doing better than i ever dreamed and it pisses her off,which makes me happy :D
Truer words were never spoken. When my XW saw a pic of my new boat she blew a head gasket. Take that BIOTCH!

scarabrick2
11-03-2005, 07:16 AM
how do you explain the 100K drop in price(house)? it was sold and already closed escrow, recorded. I have no idea what the value of his boat was but I do see people selling there toys for way below market value. If I had a boat worth say 100K and the boating market won't support it (flooded with boats for sale say the time is oh, now)then how low will you go to sell it? People drop prices just to get rid of the payment/divorce/hard times all the time. Either way, the condition SUCKS for the guy to sell his stuff. I'm sure he payed for it and she's getting 1/2 the rewards.

SnakeWrench
11-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Dude, Sell everything and pay her off. At one point, I was living on my buddies couch with nothing but my clothes and my truck, but when I look back now, it was worth it. I wouldn't trade my life now for anything. Cars, houses, boats, it's all replaceable but the years of torment will make you suicidle. Sell everything and go on with your life.

H20 Toie
11-03-2005, 07:35 AM
Dude, Sell everything and pay her off. At one point, I was living on my buddies couch with nothing but my clothes and my truck, but when I look back now, it was worth it. I wouldn't trade my life now for anything. Cars, houses, boats, it's all replaceable but the years of torment will make you suicidle. Sell everything and go on with your life.
Thats the problem even if i sell everything i can't pay her off, i got the boat after we split but i fianced it so even if i sell it it doesn't get me any money. i have to pay her off for half of the business so even if i sold everything it would not be enough that is why i told her she can have the house and i will pay it off asap but she wants it paid off in a year. since we still own $400k on it that is a little tuff. i don't know about you guys but i have never had that kind of money sitting around.

lucky
11-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Thats the problem even if i sell everything i can't pay her off, i got the boat after we split but i fianced it so even if i sell it it doesn't get me any money. i have to pay her off for half of the business so even if i sold everything it would not be enough that is why i told her she can have the house and i will pay it off asap but she wants it paid off in a year. since we still own $400k on it that is a little tuff. i don't know about you guys but i have never had that kind of money sitting around.
after balancing my check book , i have the .00 part -- :idea:

MsDrmr
11-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Now Dan, all women are not that bad, When the mr left, I took 1/2 what the house was worth, plus what I used to put down on it. Pretty much everything after that was split (according to what he wanted). I have not and will not ask for alimony, Like OG said, when he left, he was what I needed. I don't care about the house the $$ (except what it took to get my son and I in a good place to live). The only thing that mattered to me was my marriage, anything after that was just stuff....

76ANTHONY
11-03-2005, 07:59 AM
after balancing my check book , i have the .00 part -- :idea:
hey thats the same number i came up with... :D

MsDrmr
11-03-2005, 08:00 AM
One thing to keep in mind also, is that the woman accures 1/2 of whatever is purchased during the marriage. Once he/she moves out and it's a seperation/divorce issue, she/he should not have claim to whatever is purchased. Providing the bank accounts were split already.
the mr went out less than a month later and bought a new ford diesel truck, a huge trailer and what have you, and where I did feel a bit cheated, I have no right to ask him to sell it and give me 1/2, even though we are still legally tied. (but I guess thats my morals talking)

scarabrick2
11-03-2005, 08:06 AM
OK, that's fine, but this is what you said, which doesn't sound anything like what you're saying now:
I had no idea, nor still do, what the value of the guys boat is. All I was saying was sell all his stuff cheap so he doesn't have to give her a lot of money. I know that might sound bad but if she's demanding things that he's not in controll (buyers market) then he might have to sell his stuff below fair market value. Like I said ,it SUCKS either he's going thru all of this. I also had to give my x half of the things I had. It's hard to recover but WE will recover and do just fine.
Rick

Throttle
11-03-2005, 08:37 AM
not too long back (couple years), I was advised to sell everything I could... cars, truck, boat, house... I could not part with my boat because I felt it was the only thing I could enjoy and I needed my time, however your ex may see this as a luxury item that you can afford and if you can afford that then you must have some extra to use it and enjoy it... that spins her cycle to think if you can afford that, well then he can afford to pay me more too. They all seem to want a "free ride", mine still gets one. biatch!
get rid of it all now and get it back later after the divorce settles, I even had a hard time typing that for you. its even harder to say it or do it. good luck...

wedge44
11-03-2005, 08:39 AM
FIRE Shawn O.....that should help you out. :D :D :D signed his neighbor....

UnionJack
11-03-2005, 08:40 AM
I know a guy who can help.... :cool:

Throttle
11-03-2005, 08:44 AM
if she wants the house, have her buy you out of it... get it appraised or agree (lol) on a price that you both feel is fair market and then she pays you the 50% of any and all equity, this worked for me, however I got f'd on the agree part. :devil:

lucky
11-03-2005, 08:47 AM
if she wants the house, have her buy you out of it... get it appraised or agree (lol) on a price that you both feel is fair market and then she pays you the 50% of any and all equity, this worked for me, however I got f'd on the agree part. :devil:
i believe he made an agreement - she keeps the house , he keeps his bussiness --

YeLLowBoaT
11-03-2005, 09:08 AM
With her wanting to have the house paid off fast, I can't help to think she wants to sell it. That or she is just trying to hurt you.

H20 Toie
11-03-2005, 09:10 AM
not too long back (couple years), I was advised to sell everything I could... cars, truck, boat, house... I could not part with my boat because I felt it was the only thing I could enjoy and I needed my time, however your ex may see this as a luxury item that you can afford and if you can afford that then you must have some extra to use it and enjoy it... that spins her cycle to think if you can afford that, well then he can afford to pay me more too. They all seem to want a "free ride", mine still gets one. biatch!
get rid of it all now and get it back later after the divorce settles, I even had a hard time typing that for you. its even harder to say it or do it. good luck...
Thats pretty much how i see it, She was so mad when i got the boat becuase she didn't think i could afford it and it was taking away from her. never mind that she went and bought a toy hauler trailer and a new Harley( thats different :frown: )
There is no way that i can justify buying the Cigarette but i must tell you guys i had a great time with it this summer and i met a lot of great people and even though it is just a boat, boy is it a great boat. at this point i will probably sell my house before the boat. i am still trying to work this out and who knows maybe it will. I could just give her the business and walk away but that will not help my daughter and for those that have kids you know how little anything else matters compared to the kids.

H20 Toie
11-03-2005, 09:11 AM
i believe he made an agreement - she keeps the house , he keeps his bussiness --
yep thats right. i feel with the business i can make enough to pay off the house and still have a life ( yea right )

wedge44
11-03-2005, 09:21 AM
yep thats right. i feel with the business i can make enough to pay off the house and still have a life ( yea right )
KEEP THE BOAT....Fire Little Mr. Issues.... :D :D :D

riverbound
11-03-2005, 09:34 AM
for those that have kids you know how little anything else matters compared to the kids.
Exactly.... I let my Ex keep the house, being that she will have the kids the majority of the time (she will be paying my 1/2 of the equity out to me) Other than that we split Everything right down the middle. Cars, furniture, etc.... We both decided that it was in the best interest of the kids to keep things civil between ourselves. and we have done pretty decent at doing this. The kids are the #1 priority and need to stay that way.

NoCal NoBoat
11-03-2005, 09:38 AM
welk2party -
Here's what I understand about the significance of the "10 year" anniversary.
If a couple separates before the 10 year mark, the party who earns the greater income can be required to pay alimony to the other party for a term that equals half the length of the marriage. I was married for 7 years, 8 months, therefore I paid alimony for 3 years, 9 months.
I paid child support and tuition until my daughter graduated from high school.
Her birthday is in December, so she was actually 18 years, 6 mos old when she graduated.
In CA, 10 years or more is considered a "long-term" marriage.
Once your married 10 years (long-term) you may be required to pay alimony way beyond half the length of the marriage.
I'm not advocating divorce here. It's expensive and it sucks for everyone involved, especially the most important players, the kids. I'd go to counseling
until I couldn't counsel anymore. A lot of family court judges will make you try anyway.
If I'm wrong here, I'm sure it'll be corrected...But, I've had a lot of experience,
and made all the wrong moves...
If my divorce were final, and the papers signed, and my former spouse came back to me and said "I want the house paid off next year", I wouldn't feel obligated, but I would call my attorney for a review.
My .02

H20 Toie
11-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Is this agreement for the house and business a court ordered and documented agreement or is it a personal agreement between two parties?
Forensic
personal i don't want to get to the point of having the court decide.

riverbound
11-03-2005, 09:42 AM
personal i don't want to get to the point of having the court decide.
Yah....the courts dont seem to favor the men :frown: it would be much worse for me if the courts were telling me what to do :cry:

Daytona100
11-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Im currently goeing thru the courts with my ex-wife and so far havent had one bit of luck. I feel your pain. Iv just come to accept that I have to find a way to raise my new family with half my income. If your a man in california and get divorced bend over its gonna hurt!!!! :2purples:

H20 Toie
11-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Yah....the courts dont seem to favor the men :frown: it would be much worse for me if the courts were telling me what to do :cry:
thats becuase we are all a holes right

riverbound
11-03-2005, 09:59 AM
thats becuase we are all a holes right
I guess so :( It just eems like if you are a guy and tryig to fight things like alimony, child support etc.... through the courts. You seemd to be considered as a dead beat.
I for the record DO pay child support. and the EX makes more then I do so if either one of us had to pay alimony it would have been her. But I dont need her money and she doesnt need mine.

NoCal NoBoat
11-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Riverbound -
Maybe I just got lucky. I was told that the Contra Costa County (No Cal) Family Court was not at all friendly to fathers.
I was treated very well. Family Court actually worked for me.
Of course, I had a judge who liked men (like nearly all of the guys on this forum) who put their kids first, and work at staying important in their children's lives. Judges like to see fathers ask for joint legal, joint physical custody. It might sound funny, but coaching my daughter's soccer team for several years was viewed most favorably by the court, and strengthened my position of how many hours a week I spent with my daughter.
I respect your position, I know your mileage will vary, and I wish you the best.

riverbound
11-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Im currently goeing thru the courts with my ex-wife and so far havent had one bit of luck. I feel your pain. Iv just come to accept that I have to find a way to raise my new family with half my income. If your a man in california and get divorced bend over its gonna hurt!!!! :2purples:
That is THE reason I have done whatever it takes to keep ours out of the courts and out of lawyers hands. One lawyer and an uncontested divorce. We agreed personally on the way things are going to work and the lawyer is putting it all on paper for us.

MsDrmr
11-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Im currently goeing thru the courts with my ex-wife and so far havent had one bit of luck. I feel your pain. Iv just come to accept that I have to find a way to raise my new family with half my income. If your a man in california and get divorced bend over its gonna hurt!!!!
Again, please keep in mind, not ALL women are like that. I walked away from my 1st marriage with nothing, and my second marriage, with just a little more than what was needed to start over, (and by the way, no the mr did not take everything away from me, it was split)

lucky
11-03-2005, 10:37 AM
family mediation is the only way to go ! or having nothing in the first place seems to work well also :notam:

scarabrick2
11-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Exactly.... I let my Ex keep the house, being that she will have the kids the majority of the time (she will be paying my 1/2 of the equity out to me) Other than that we split Everything right down the middle. Cars, furniture, etc.... We both decided that it was in the best interest of the kids to keep things civil between ourselves. and we have done pretty decent at doing this. The kids are the #1 priority and need to stay that way.
I did the exact same thing. This is working out great for our son.

NoCal NoBoat
11-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Lots of good advice here -
Forensic is right about the Income/Expense Declaration.
Read it carefully. The one I received from my ex-wife had a typo (?) that overstated my income 10x. Convenient place for her to have a typo.
She also declared $ 300 per month in pet care expenses for two Retrievers.
The judge and I both like dogs, but he whittled that one down immediately.
Child support - I know everybody wants to do the right thing here.
The "Dissomaster" is a mathematical formula that takes fixed numbers (e.g. your income, her income, number of children supported), and one variable number, (percentage of time spent with each parent). The partner with the greater income, or the one who spends less time with the children, pays child support to the other partner.
Income can be verified. The number of children is seldom in dispute. But, if one partner wants a raise in child support, it's easy to argue the amount of time spent with each parent. If you're paying child support, and things are less than perfect with your former partner, keep track of days and hours you spend with your children. It sucks, but you may have to document that you spent 50% or whatever your agreement says of the available time with your kids or it'll cost you $$$'s. Also, keep track of the extra $$$'s you contribute outside of the child support agreement.

Rev. Williams
11-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Just a suggestion:
http://www.blowmeuptom.com/divorce.html

ROZ
11-03-2005, 11:52 AM
how do you explain the 100K drop in price(house)? it was sold and already closed escrow, recorded. [/B]
You're speaking of what is considered real property.
My pops is a forensic CPA. I can give you stories of pulling the type of maneuver you speak of. 7 times out of 10 the party trying to get away with it ends up paying the difference, and in some cases have been penalized on thop of that...