PDA

View Full Version : Lenders

phebus
11-04-2005, 09:33 AM
When dealing with FICO scores, what is considered fair/good/excellent?

totenhosen
11-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Are you talking about for a car loan or home loan?

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Woooo hoo! I feel smart today...thanks guys!
720+ Excellent (A paper lending)
680+ Above Average (some A paper, Alt A)
640+ Average (Alt A or subprime)
600+ below Average (subprime)
580 and below - poor (subprime)
Most lenders will not lend below 500, some have specials that go to 475. Anything lower would be Hard Money.
:rollside:

NOTALENT
11-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Overall, a score of 650 or above is a sign of very good credit, and a very good credit score. People with scores of 650 or higher will, all things considered, have a good chance of obtaining quality loans at the best interest rates.
Scores of 620 to 650 indicate good credit, but also may point to potential trouble areas that creditors will want to look at and review. A lender may require additional documentation before a loan will be approved.

Red Eye
11-04-2005, 09:39 AM
680+

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Most lenders will not lend below 500, some have specials that go to 475. Anything lower would be Hard Money.
smarty pants.... :D :D

phebus
11-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Are you talking about for a car loan or home loan?
Home loans. We are buying a new house in the future, and we have been working real hard at cleaning up our credit by paying off everything we can. We just had our credit ran, and we are finally over 700 on our mean score. I just didn't know what the numbers really meant.
Thanks

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 09:43 AM
smarty pants.... :D :D
Yeah...i'm not having too many "blonde" moments today! :rolleyes: :rollside:

Lost Wages
11-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Generally a 660 or higher qualifys you for the "a" paper style loan with the most aggressive rates being offered. However, on your conforming loans (400k an under), some lenders will look at loans all the way down to 620 (still a paper) as long as there are compensating factors in the file. (Assets, value, established credit)

totenhosen
11-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Home loans. We are buying a new house in the future, and we have been working real hard at cleaning up our credit by paying off everything we can. We just had our credit ran, and we are finally over 700 on our mean score. I just didn't know what the numbers really meant.
Thanks
The other poster summed it up quite well. Only reason why I asked home loan or car loan is that lenders have different score criteria as to what they consider A+.

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 10:14 AM
well i know there are people that can get a 635 loan for 250,000 :D

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 10:18 AM
well i know there are people that can get a 635 loan for 250,000 :D
We just closed a 1.4M with a 614 :D

riverbound
11-04-2005, 10:31 AM
You are pretty smart for a dude :D

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 10:43 AM
You are pretty smart for a dude :D
You mean a blonde dude
>>>>> http://tinypic.com/fau341.jpg

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-04-2005, 11:12 AM
You mean a blonde dude
LMAO!!! :D How long have you been waiting to pull that one out?? hahahhaa :D

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 11:14 AM
We just closed a 1.4M with a 614 :D
oh yeah i forgot about that one, thats my second house at havi...next time get it faster or i'll just pay cash :D :D

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
LMAO!!! :D How long have you been waiting to pull that one out?? hahahhaa :D
:D :D :D quite a while now....

riverbound
11-04-2005, 11:22 AM
You mean a blonde dude
:D :D
Dont lie....your a brunette :D
This is the pic I took of you at the river
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681screech.jpg

Ivan Dan
11-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Overall, a score of 650 or above is a sign of very good credit, and a very good credit score. People with scores of 650 or higher will, all things considered, have a good chance of obtaining quality loans at the best interest rates.
Scores of 620 to 650 indicate good credit, but also may point to potential trouble areas that creditors will want to look at and review. A lender may require additional documentation before a loan will be approved.
Most people consider about 700+ to be great credit. Like Countrywide requires 730+ FICO for their best rates with a Fast N Easy program. I always tell my clients that anything over 700 is considered perfect credit.

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
:crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 11:35 AM
LMAO...you made me laugh at a really inappropriate time...thanks! :mad: :D
So, that was the same trip i took this picture of you, right?
http://tinypic.com/faugki.jpg

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 11:39 AM
see hb forums help you at work.... :D :D

riverbound
11-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Yah...but I have shaved since then. :D

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 11:45 AM
see hb forums help you at work.... :D :D
Wayyyyy helpful... did you forget you were on that river trip to :confused:
http://tinypic.com/fav2ib.jpg

Up 4 River
11-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Does you credit score lower when you run it to find out what it is? I have been wondering what mine is lately but don't want to run it just becasue and knock it a couple of points. Any info appreciated.

AZKC
11-04-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm a click or 2 over 700 and I would not loan myself money :messedup:

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Does you credit score lower when you run it to find out what it is? I have been wondering what mine is lately but don't want to run it just becasue and knock it a couple of points. Any info appreciated.
Not unless you have excessive inquiries in a short amount of time. You can have an higher amount of mortgage-related inquries because the credit agencies understand that you "shop" loans.

riverbound
11-04-2005, 11:58 AM
OK....F-150 is a girl here is a pic of her shopping with her kids.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681barbie_welfare.jpg

Up 4 River
11-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Not unless you have excessive inquiries in a short amount of time. You can have an higher amount of mortgage-related inquries because the credit agencies understand that you "shop" loans.
Thanks! What are the differences if an individual whio files single and a couple who files jointly on getting home loans? What is a rough number of income needed and credit score needed for a $500,000 home loan? How do they merge credit scores? I'm assuming income gets merged as well but wondering? Thanks again for the info.

ROZ
11-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Points are deductible aren't they? If you're going to pay points, it seems like closing before the end of december is a good move...

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681barbie_welfare.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek: :hammer2:

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeaaaah baby, HUD pays for my house in laguna! RB...i know you needed a roommate...do you accept section 8?

Ivan Dan
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
You should check your credit about once a year to make sure there isn't anything goofy going on. I've seen crazy things happen to people's credit and them not even know because they hadn't checked it in a long time.

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks! What are the differences if an individual whio files single and a couple who files jointly on getting home loans? What is a rough number of income needed and credit score needed for a $500,000 home loan? How do they merge credit scores? I'm assuming income gets merged as well but wondering? Thanks again for the info.
1) the only difference being debt to income issues. if you guys have a lot of combined debt (reporting against both of you) it might be wiser to use both parties income. This is for both full doc or stated income loans (because the stated income has to be reasonable for the position/time on the job). For full doc loans, the middle fico of the primary wage earner is used most of the time . I have run into certain lenders (namely countrywide) who uses the lower of the 2 parties middle fico scores. Most stated loans will also use the lower of the 2 parties middle fico scores (so you can't overstate the income of the primary wage earner to get a better rate).
2) For a $500,000 loan, it depends on how you set up the loan (fully amoritzing or interest only). The main thing to keep in mind is your ratios (debt to income) you have a top-end ratio (your monthly housing expense, which is PITI) and a bottom-end ratio (PITI plus all other credit expenses). Most A lenders want ratios around 28/36, but with automated underwriting you can get thing accepted into the 40's. Subprime lenders will go up to 55% bottom end ratio. Because there are so many factors in this, it's really hard to say what an ideal monthly income is - remember they (generally) use a 2 year average of your gross monthly income. Ficos should be above 580 for 100% financing (full doc) or over 660 (stated) for the best rates.
Hope this helps!!!

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 12:36 PM
1) the only difference being debt to income issues. if you guys have a lot of combined debt (reporting against both of you) it might be wiser to use both parties income. This is for both full doc or stated income loans (because the stated income has to be reasonable for the position/time on the job). For full doc loans, the middle fico of the primary wage earner is used most of the time . I have run into certain lenders (namely countrywide) who uses the lower of the 2 parties middle fico scores. Most stated loans will also use the lower of the 2 parties middle fico scores (so you can't overstate the income of the primary wage earner to get a better rate).
2) For a $500,000 loan, it depends on how you set up the loan (fully amoritzing or interest only). The main thing to keep in mind is your ratios (debt to income) you have a top-end ratio (your monthly housing expense, which is PITI) and a bottom-end ratio (PITI plus all other credit expenses). Most A lenders want ratios around 28/36, but with automated underwriting you can get thing accepted into the 40's. Subprime lenders will go up to 55% bottom end ratio. Because there are so many factors in this, it's really hard to say what an ideal monthly income is - remember they (generally) use a 2 year average of your gross monthly income. Ficos should be above 580 for 100% financing (full doc) or over 660 (stated) for the best rates.
Hope this helps!!!
so say i need a loan for ummm 600,000 for a house and a wife, is 638 good enough :cool: :devil:

totenhosen
11-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Points are deductible aren't they? If you're going to pay points, it seems like closing before the end of december is a good move...
Over the life of the loan I believe

Ivan Dan
11-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Putting both names on the loan is completely up to you. If credit scores are about the same and you need the second person to qualify based on income than go for it. Just about anyone can get qualified for a home loan but the better your credit is the better rates are and less your closing costs will be. Sometimes if one party has better credit then the lender will want to put it only in that persons name to help you get the better rates. They don't really merge credit scores for single people they look at each individually same with income but this is not the case for married people. For some people they have to do what is called a stated income loan which generally the rates are about 1/4 - 1/2 % or so higher. The reason they do a stated income loan is for people who may not be able to prove all of their income because on being self employed, paid cash, tips etc.
Hope that answered all your questions. :D

soupersonic
11-04-2005, 01:13 PM
I was under the assuption that even on a stated they verify income/ employment. Are you talking No doc?

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:19 PM
I was under the assuption that even on a stated they verify income/ employment. Are you talking No doc?
Stated - They will verify your position & length of employment, but not the monthly income amount.
No Doc - you don't even list where you are employed on your application. :)

riverbound
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeaaaah baby, HUD pays for my house in laguna! RB...i know you needed a roommate...do you accept section 8?
Yah...but we only do 50 cents on the dollar. :smile:

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Yah...but we only do 50 cents on the dollar. :smile:
Ya know, i thought for a second that WAS me in that picture...but then i saw the Budweiser & the Jack...you know I'm a coors light / captain morgans kind of girl...that was pretty sneaky RB :devil:

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Ya know, i thought for a second that WAS me in that picture...but then i saw the Budweiser & the Jack...you know I'm a coors light / captain morgans kind of girl...that was pretty sneaky RB :devil:
ya know, all this numbers talk from a woman is really turnin me on :D :lightsabe smarty smarty pants :D

abraman1326
11-04-2005, 01:28 PM
Just an FYI, I hope you didn't use a credit counseling program to work on your credit. I know it sounds stupid, but a lender is harder on that than they are on someone w/ a Chap 7 bk. Just a little tidbit, don't use Credit Counseling Services...
BRA

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:31 PM
ya know, all this numbers talk from a woman is really turnin me on :D :lightsabe smarty smarty pants :D
LOL...$4.99 a minute...i'll read you some rate sheets :D Besides, i gotta be smart...gotta feed those 14 kids RB thinks i have...right? :mix:

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 01:34 PM
LOL...$4.99 a minute...i'll read you some rate sheets :D Besides, i gotta be smart...gotta feed those 14 kids RB thinks i have...right? :mix:
id pay 5.99 if you had brown hair :D :D

riverbound
11-04-2005, 01:36 PM
The budweiser and the Jack is for the baby's daddy :wink:

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:36 PM
id pay 5.99 if you had brown hair :D :D
Give me a few weeks for my roots to grow out.... :wink:

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:37 PM
The budweiser and the Jack is for the baby's daddy :wink:
Nuh uh...i don't date those kind of guys :notam:

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Nuh uh...i don't date those kind of guys :notam:
no he didnt say date he said baby's daddy..... and whats wrong with those kinda guys. hmmmmmmmmmmmm????

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:43 PM
no he didnt say date he said baby's daddy..... and whats wrong with those kinda guys. hmmmmmmmmmmmm????
A better questions is what's not wrong with those kind of guys :hammer2:
.....just kidding :D
...... sorta.... :jawdrop:

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
A better questions is what's not wrong with those kind of guys :hammer2:
.....just kidding :D
...... sorta.... :jawdrop:
just thought id ask, i'll drink anything as long as i get trashed :D :D

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:52 PM
just thought id ask, i'll drink anything as long as i get trashed :D :D
I used to be like that, now i'm partial to coors light & captain....although I've been known to "hold" roadrapers for people before.... :crossx:

riverbound
11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
I used to be like that, now i'm partial to coors light & captain....although I've been known to "hold" roadrapers for people before.... :crossx:
Yah...she "holds" them and then gives them back when they are empty :hammerhea

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
capt-coke-redbull, yeah thats it ohhhhh man my mouths watering.... :D :devil: :devil: :coffeycup

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Yah...she "holds" them and then gives them back when they are empty :hammerhea
maybe she needs a cult huh????? :D :D
i gathered she didnt give em back full... :D

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 01:57 PM
maybe she needs a cult huh????? :D :D
i gathered she didnt give em back full... :D
Awww nooooo :( i don't want a cult :cry: please don't make me go back into hiding! :(

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Awww nooooo :( i don't want a cult :cry: please don't make me go back into hiding! :(
never, your too much fun to play with, oh and smart :idea: :idea:
are you sure your female, got brains hmmmm

Do F150's Float?
11-04-2005, 02:10 PM
never, your too much fun to play with, oh and smart :idea: :idea:
are you sure your female, got brains hmmmm
Awww thanks! :D And ya...im sure i'm a girl...i promise :hammerhea

76ANTHONY
11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Awww thanks! :D And ya...im sure i'm a girl...i promise :hammerhea
:D :D :D

phebus
11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Just an FYI, I hope you didn't use a credit counseling program to work on your credit. I know it sounds stupid, but a lender is harder on that than they are on someone w/ a Chap 7 bk. Just a little tidbit, don't use Credit Counseling Services...
BRA
I didn't, just made a huge effort to pay credit down.