PDA

View Full Version : TV show starts this Sunday

ULTRA28
11-04-2005, 11:02 AM
As some of you already know, we have a TV show starting this Sunday on OLN. The name of the show is "Rock the Boat", I didn't have any say in the name. It repeats several times a week. I haven't seen the show yet, so I don't know if it's any good, but trust that it is. If it sucks, please don't make fun of me.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Sweet!
What time?

shadow
11-04-2005, 11:13 AM
As some of you already know, we have a TV show starting this Sunday on OLN. The name of the show is "Rock the Boat", I didn't have any say in the name. It repeats several times a week. I haven't seen the show yet, so I don't know if it's any good, but trust that it is. If it sucks, please don't make fun of me.
Sure we won't! :D
Congrats. John,can't wait to se it.

cxr133
11-04-2005, 11:16 AM
ummm.................
you wanna donate the pilot boat to a needy HB member ( im talking about me) :redface:
GOOD LUCK on the show...

pjones
11-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I have been seeing the promo's for it, looks to be pretty interesting.

phebus
11-04-2005, 11:21 AM
I just looked it up, and for those that have Cox cable, it's on Sunday at 1:00pm and 6:00pm on channel 334 (OLN).

HCS
11-04-2005, 11:34 AM
What's it about?

riverbound
11-04-2005, 11:36 AM
How many episodes? looks like I will have to TIVO it :D

novaguy
11-04-2005, 12:03 PM
AHHHH...Finally somebody listened to me. I can't wait to see it. I am sure it will be a success.

redneckgirl
11-04-2005, 12:03 PM
My family can't wait to see it!!! :)
RNG

OGShocker
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
What's it about?
Off Road Racing Series. :messedup:

Racer277
11-04-2005, 12:22 PM
If it sucks, please don't make fun of me.
Is this the kind of group that would make fun?? :notam:
Thanks for putting something interesting on TV between racing seasons. I've already started watching reruns of races I know the outcome.
Still better than stick and ball sports though... :messedup:

Tom Brown
11-04-2005, 12:23 PM
If it sucks, I'm buying a Trident.

AirtimeLavey
11-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Congrats on the show. Looking forward to seeing it. Best of luck to you. :rollside: :cool:

frdvschvy
11-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Anybody know what channel OLN is on Dish Network? I can't seem to find it.

sigepmock
11-04-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about John. As long as you aren't real ugly, grow hair in weird places..... or are maybe really really short...you should be fine. We're a forgiving bunch that would never judge others or jump to conclusions... :smile:
Can't wait to see the show, TIVO already set up.
Good luck,
Chris

OGShocker
11-04-2005, 03:56 PM
John,
Looking forward to seeing the show. Something tells me you're going to need a bigger shop, very soon! :clover: :clover: :clover:

LAFD
11-04-2005, 03:59 PM
just saw the commercial for this and looks cool but i got a feeling its goin to be like and orange county chopper, boyd coddington deal. with the dead line, behind schedule last minute over night drama thing. hopfully not but that what i kinda picked up off it. either way im gunna watch it cuz it looks sweet.

Angry Inch
11-04-2005, 04:01 PM
I've heard that this Johnson guy works. I've never seen it; so, I TiVo'd it, to see it in action. :)

voodoomedman
11-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about John. As long as you aren't real ugly, grow hair in weird places..... or are maybe really really short...you should be fine. We're a forgiving bunch that would never judge others or jump to conclusions... :smile:
Can't wait to see the show, TIVO already set up.
Good luck,
Chris
That's messed up but had me rolling.....

ULTRA28
11-04-2005, 04:14 PM
just saw the commercial for this and looks cool but i got a feeling its goin to be like and orange county chopper, boyd coddington deal. with the dead line, behind schedule last minute over night drama thing. hopfully not but that what i kinda picked up off it. either way im gunna watch it cuz it looks sweet.
You pretty much pegged it. If they saw that things were going too smooth, they would shorten the deadline. We had to get the boats done in four weeks to five weeks, while building several at a time. The last boat, the ARC AUDIO boat, we had to build in three weeks start to finish. The stress level was real high. Plus they had us do the "field trips" during each episode.

LAFD
11-04-2005, 04:22 PM
You pretty much pegged it. If they saw that things were going too smooth, they would shorten the deadline. We had to get the boats done in four weeks to five weeks, while building several at a time. The last boat, the ARC AUDIO boat, we had to build in three weeks start to finish. The stress level was real high. Plus they had us do the "field trips" during each episode.
thats what i figured. when i went a signing thing for chip foose i asked him about that he said the show "overhaulin" the producers were always tryin to get him to have drama and all that crap. and he said no i wont do the show. and overhaulin is one of the best shows out there right now even with out the drama. but either way im sure it will be a awesome show.

voodoomedman
11-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Sounds like fun. My only field trip is taking a customer to lunch.
And only guys in little brown shorts or a Nascar fire suit get to be on tv!

ULTRA28
11-04-2005, 04:28 PM
thats what i figured. when i went a signing thing for chip foose i asked him about that he said the show "overhaulin" the producers were always tryin to get him to have drama and all that crap. and he said no i wont do the show. and overhaulin is one of the best shows out there right now even with out the drama. but either way im sure it will be a awesome show.
I told them "no phony deadlines or drama" when I signed up too. So they would just shorten the deadlines. When I asked about it and our agreement, they said "well it's not phony, you better get it done" which created real drama. So they justified it they way. Ask Riverdave about the deadlines and how real they are. One day you've got a week left to get it done, the next you have two days. Made things interesting. More often then not, the yelling that was going on was us at the TV production crew, not each other, unless somebody wasn't getting their job done quick enough.

voodoomedman
11-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Agreed. Overhaulin' is great to watch the talent and artwork and see new cool stuff. American chopper is allright but the show about half chopper half drama. Coddington's crap is all drama and the finished product is shown driving out of the garage and that's it. Overhaulin' I love to watch and the other two I watch if there is nothing on. John and his crew have enough talent to keep me watching without the bs drama. If I wanted fake a$$ drama I would watch Days of Our Lives.

H20 Toie
11-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I told them "no phony deadlines or drama" when I signed up too. So they would just shorten the deadlines. When I asked about it and our agreement, they said "well it's not phony, you better get it done" which created real drama. So they justified it they way. Ask Riverdave about the deadlines and how real they are. One day you've got a week left to get it done, the next you have two days. Made things interesting. More often then not, the yelling that was going on was us at the TV production crew, not each other, unless somebody wasn't getting their job done quick enough.
if you all get along it doesn't make for good tv there has to be drama

dicudmore
11-04-2005, 04:43 PM
JW your PM box is full...
Trying to make arrangements to get my trade-in to you this weekend. Hope that works.

RUCAV
11-04-2005, 07:31 PM
John
I already have the TIVO set.

NorCal Gameshow
11-04-2005, 07:58 PM
i'm hoping it's just like ***boat forums....No drama, just entertainment mixed with information :chi:

shueman
11-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Congrats on the show....looking forward to it.....def. what is needed...!!

XTRM22
11-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Congrats John, I'm lookin forward to seeing your show too! Are you gonna grow a huge mustache and start screamin at someone named Pauly cause that would be cool. :cool: :D :cool:
Chuck

SoCal_fun
11-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Can't wait to see it. Hope it works out for you John. :)

Caribbean Jet
11-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Very cool John. I look foreward to seeing the show.

roln 20s
11-04-2005, 10:32 PM
You know I will be tuned into it...can't wait :)

Patyacht
11-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Direct TV channel 608 has it Sunday at 1 & 6pm. The Sarasota Superboat Races (11/06/05) precedes it at noon on OLN.

RiverDave
11-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Ain't that the truth.. I sent you a PM. When you get back into town, please give me a call so I can get that deal dialed in!! :)
RD

a catered life
11-05-2005, 07:21 AM
ultra i just want to wish you the best of luck with the show and i hope its a hit glad to see a board member doing well :shift:

ULTRA28
11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
JW your PM box is full...
Trying to make arrangements to get my trade-in to you this weekend. Hope that works.
Still trying to get someone to meet you on Sunday. I cleared out my PMs, plus you got my e-mail if you need to get in touch with me.

dicudmore
11-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Still trying to get someone to meet you on Sunday. I cleared out my PMs, plus you got my e-mail if you need to get in touch with me.
Thanks a bunch :D
Steve asked me if the insurance was current...so maybe leaving it parked out front isn't the best idea?? :wink:
I can bring it another time if that would be better, just wanted to get it there so you had some collateral and maybe you can move it too :cool:

Brady Bunch
11-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Drop it by my place.... I can take it down to them! What time does San V. lake open on Sunday morning.... :eek:

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 01:30 PM
and i will never buy a boyd car,no matter how much i win in the lottery,that show was a bad :yuk: business move for him

Brady Bunch
11-05-2005, 01:36 PM
and i will never buy a boyd car,no matter how much i win in the lottery,that show was a bad :yuk: business move for him
True.... I had so much more respect for him as a builder before that show came out then I do know! :hammer2:

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 01:41 PM
watch it anymore,thats how much i dont like the guy/business/products etc,i wouldnt even consider buying a wheel from them.Something about him just rubs me the wrong way,the producers may make him seem worse than it is,but still

phebus
11-05-2005, 01:42 PM
It was like watching the three stooges :D

Dave C
11-05-2005, 01:45 PM
unless you are yelling & screaming and belittling people as you toss parts around then I ain't watching it. :rollside:
J/K sounds good.

riverroyal
11-05-2005, 01:48 PM
just doesnt work or me,I watch OCC and love the dad,he gets pissed all the time,and its great...anyways I hope this show works for ultra,because I know nothing about them,like nothing about boyd.But my money will never go to him.I would like to see a ultra deckboat soon :D

AZKC
11-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Setup the media center to record the series last night. :)

Nord
11-05-2005, 06:12 PM
RD SUX!!!!! :mix:

Jake W2
11-06-2005, 06:52 AM
It comes on at 3 and 8 in the midwest on channel 608 OLN.
Is Pippa the dude chick gona be helping you guys out(ha ha ha ).I never laughed as hard as when you and (IT) was in the 19 shadow togeather.
I cant wait to see the show,why is it showing on OLN and not Discovery?
Jake

HCS
11-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Bump^

Charley
11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
got it tivo'd.....good luck with the show john!!!

BajaMike
11-06-2005, 11:45 AM
My Guide on "Cox" shows this on today (sunday) at 1:00 pm and 6:00 pm and Monday at 3:00 pm.
I just set up my Cox DVR to record the entire series....this DVR and digital TV are great!!
:cool:

Rod-64
11-06-2005, 11:55 AM
We seem to have had OLN on Dishnetwork now nothing.........what gives??? :confused:

Rod-64
11-06-2005, 11:57 AM
11/6/2005 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
John West and his team are challenged with building a PBR (Professional Bull Riders) themed boat. The crew puts life and limb on the line as they go bull riding to gain inspiration for the build. Faced with tight deadlines and high stress levels, the crew must race against the clock to get this boat done in time. The proceeds of this boat going to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina only adds to the pressure to get everything done perfectly. Custom cowhides, 1000 watt stereo's, 100 of horsepower and glass, glowing bullhorns are all in order as the Rock The Boat crew tricks out it's first boat of the season.
11/6/2005 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
John West and his team are challenged with building a PBR (Professional Bull Riders) themed boat. The crew puts life and limb on the line as they go bull riding to gain inspiration for the build. Faced with tight deadlines and high stress levels, the crew must race against the clock to get this boat done in time. The proceeds of this boat going to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina only adds to the pressure to get everything done perfectly. Custom cowhides, 1000 watt stereo's, 100 of horsepower and glass, glowing bullhorns are all in order as the Rock The Boat crew tricks out it's first boat of the season.
11/7/2005 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/7/2005 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/13/2005 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/13/2005 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
Sgt. James E. Wright lost his hands and part of his leg to a Rocket Propelled Grenade in an ambush on his regiment in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Sgt. Wright remains on active duty in the Marine Corps. In an ironic but unbelievable twist, his job is training other Marines in hand to hand combat. The team's challenge in this episode is custom designing a boat so that this American hero can return to the water despite his disabilities. John integrates knives, air tanks, glow in the dark 1000 watt speakers, DVD players, video games and a plethora of other gadgets to make the Marine boat one tricked out water rocket.The team powers through a grueling boot camp and builds a unique boat featuring a customized paint job from a world famous artist, voice activated controls, and a one-of-a-kind sound system never before seen.
11/14/2005 1:00 am - 2:00 am ROCK THE BOAT
Sgt. James E. Wright lost his hands and part of his leg to a Rocket Propelled Grenade in an ambush on his regiment in Operation Iraqi Freedom. Sgt. Wright remains on active duty in the Marine Corps. In an ironic but unbelievable twist, his job is training other Marines in hand to hand combat. The team's challenge in this episode is custom designing a boat so that this American hero can return to the water despite his disabilities. John integrates knives, air tanks, glow in the dark 1000 watt speakers, DVD players, video games and a plethora of other gadgets to make the Marine boat one tricked out water rocket.The team powers through a grueling boot camp and builds a unique boat featuring a customized paint job from a world famous artist, voice activated controls, and a one-of-a-kind sound system never before seen.
11/14/2005 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/15/2005 1:00 am - 2:00 am ROCK THE BOAT
11/15/2005 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/20/2005 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/20/2005 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
Fast cars and big hearts power this amazing episode. The Rock the Boat crew works in conjunction with NASCAR for a boat to benefit the Victory Junction Gang charity for sick children. The team learns everything there is to know about race cars, including driving them at top speeds, to gear up for this build. Over 20 top NASCAR drivers, including Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, and Kyle Petty have their autographs incorporated right into the boat's paint job! This boat will be auctioned off on E-bay with the proceeds to benefit this worthwhile charity. With one of the trickiest gel coat paint jobs ever this episode is a don't miss.
11/21/2005 1:00 am - 2:00 am ROCK THE BOAT
Fast cars and big hearts power this amazing episode. The Rock the Boat crew works in conjunction with NASCAR for a boat to benefit the Victory Junction Gang charity for sick children. The team learns everything there is to know about race cars, including driving them at top speeds, to gear up for this build. Over 20 top NASCAR drivers, including Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmy Johnson, and Kyle Petty have their autographs incorporated right into the boat's paint job! This boat will be auctioned off on E-bay with the proceeds to benefit this worthwhile charity. With one of the trickiest gel coat paint jobs ever this episode is a don't miss.
11/21/2005 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/22/2005 1:00 am - 2:00 am ROCK THE BOAT
11/22/2005 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/27/2005 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/27/2005 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
The loudest boat stereo ever made is the team's challenge. The world's top stereo installers descend on the Rock the Boat shop with only a week to accomplish this daunting task. High anxiety and sleepless nights make for stressful times as over 60 speakers and 25,000 watts are installed. An explosive lesson in the power of sound waves adds further doubt as to whether the boat will even hold together. And when a giant explosion goes off, the crew realizes just how dangerous sound can be.
11/28/2005 1:00 am - 2:00 am ROCK THE BOAT
The loudest boat stereo ever made is the team's challenge. The world's top stereo installers descend on the Rock the Boat shop with only a week to accomplish this daunting task. High anxiety and sleepless nights make for stressful times as over 60 speakers and 25,000 watts are installed. An explosive lesson in the power of sound waves adds further doubt as to whether the boat will even hold together. And when a giant explosion goes off, the crew realizes just how dangerous sound can be.
11/28/2005 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/29/2005 1:00 am - 2:00 am ROCK THE BOAT
11/29/2005 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/30/2005 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
11/30/2005 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
12/1/2005 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT
12/2/2005 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm ROCK THE BOAT

Jake W2
11-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Just watched it great show cant wait to see the next one.Laugh hard at your wife saying you were on hot boat all the time instead of working.Cool ass show.You guys make some nice boats.
Jake

Debbolas
11-06-2005, 02:45 PM
I wonder what John thought of the show? :D
I liked it, who do we e-mail to let them know to keep it?
Was it weird to have people in the room with cameras and lights and microphones while you are going about your daily business? (I think THAT would bug me)

78Southwind
11-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I loved the comedy in the show especially the screw in the deck that had me rolling. The drama in the beginning was a little over played out but wasn’t too bad by the end of the show. I hope to see more tech and build stuff and a little less drama. All in all I thought it was a good episode keep up the good work.

rvrtoy
11-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Don't forget to set your DVR's for "Rock the Boat" at 1pm on the west coast. :)
****I wrote this Saturday????? Gotta love HB****

duffster
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
John,
I don't own one of your Ultra boats. But I do think the show was cool and very watchable.
Especially the part when your wife said you spend all your time on HB. My wife got a good giggle out of that. Craig

voodoomedman
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
I loved the comedy in the show especially the screw in the deck that had me rolling. The drama in the beginning was a little over played out but wasn’t too bad by the end of the show. I hope to see more tech and build stuff and a little less drama. All in all I thought it was a good episode keep up the good work.
That was funny. You could just see John $hitting in his pants when they did that to him. And the ***boat thing was funny too.
One question John. Who really runs the company; you or Leah??????? :D

Magic34
11-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Just called the cable company and got OLN.
John, this better be worth the $5 per month. :wink: :D

Screaming Pete
11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
watched the show last night, Leigh was the star, i hope that brused butox is feeling better, i think i lost my breath when she got slammed to the dirt but knew she was OK, john great show i thought the part about you doing the art for the boat was key. we all know your mad skills with a marker. when are you going to use checkers again???LOL Chrome horse shoes!!!! Great Show!!!

Racer277
11-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Great show. Wow, you really aired some laundry.
Nice job and beautiful boat!
You know those chromed shoes would sell a ton up here in cowboy country! :p

rvrtoy
11-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Faith is apart of this episode. :D I can't wait for it to air.

dicudmore
11-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Faith is apart of this episode. :D I can't wait for it to air.
looking forward to seeing it :D

CAPTAIN KEN
11-07-2005, 04:05 PM
The show was aired here in Boston Ma. also last nite. It should bring some great notarity to you and your vendors.I was laughing to myself today thinking how the boyz got Travis. :D It was great to see some of the lake scenery,never having been there. Which lake was it shot on ?
The boat looked great !
Ken

ROZ
11-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Hey, If you want any dinner tonight, you'd better get off ***boat and get back to work! :D

Magic34
11-07-2005, 06:59 PM
I watched it today. I liked the show and hope they do future episodes with the Ultra crew. :cool:
John, you sat there just like I do when my wife makes a HB online comment to me. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets heat for the HB.net. :rollside:
Great show and congrats.

not right
11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
The show was great, but honestly anytime I get to see an awesome boat on TV it's great. good job!

Phat Matt
11-07-2005, 07:17 PM
So have you fired any of those slackers yet? j/k.
It's a pretty cool show. I don't think I would want to mess with your wife. ;)

imirsh1
11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Just got through watching the show.I really got a kick out of Johns wife when she was yelling at him saying he is always on ***boat.com, my wife looks over at me and says "sounds familiar"

SDLifesaver
11-10-2005, 10:02 AM
I like how they show the ocean and then show Ultra as to suggest it's anywhere near the ocean, or even anywhere near the city of San Diego.

voodoomedman
11-10-2005, 10:26 AM
I like how they show the ocean and then show Ultra as to suggest it's anywhere near the ocean, or even anywhere near the city of San Diego.
Maybe not near the ocean according to us who live in SoCal but this is a nationally televised show. Heck even other countries probably get OLN. What are they about a half hour down the 8 from the beach? To somone in Nebraska they are near the ocean.

Mandelon
11-10-2005, 10:41 AM
That's our local test lake. El Capitan. They rent it to us on the days it's closed. I love having the whole lake to myself.
How much is that? Maybe we could do a ***boat shindig there??? OP6C- San Diego !! Loved the show, John.

shippingguy
11-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Most people when they think of California/West Coast they think of California beaches and coastline. It is not like they put a fake building on the side of the cliff over looking the ocean and made it Ultra's Showroom! Ultra is in California and it is pretty close to the beach compared to other cities and states for that matter.