PDA

View Full Version : Blue Freaking House

Cole Sanger
11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Ok, I am pretty pissed. I live in a homeowners association. They don't bother me much (weeds in the rocks notice once a year). I take my daughter to the doctor today, go to lunch, then come home. I pull onto my street, and someone painted their house the most ugly shade of blue. What the hell? Why do I pay them? Last year, someone down around the corner - in the association - painted their house an ugly brown. I don't live near them, and everytime I see it I say it is ugly, but it doesn't come close to the ugly of this blue house. Anyone have this happen to them? I called the homeowners association office. I really think this is going to lower my property value. :burningm:

SoCal_fun
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
There's one in my hood (association) that painted the trim on his house orange. The HOA is going to have it repainted and bill the guy. :boxingguy

TRG
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Could be ALOT worse!

riverroyal
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
living in my nazi hoa neighborhood

Squirtin Thunder
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
What is wrong with Blue ???

Squirtin Thunder
11-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Don't all the houses look the same ??? Maybe he has old timers and Blue was an easy color that stood out for him, so he can make it home. What color is your truck ???

ahhell
11-04-2005, 07:06 PM
F HOA'S
:jawdrop:

MudPumper
11-04-2005, 07:50 PM
At least it's not Kiwi Green like the crazy old bat across the street from me. Bad enough it is in the neighborhood but to have it directly across the street is a bitch.

CA Stu
11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
At least it's not Kiwi Green like the crazy old bat across the street from me. Bad enough it is in the neighborhood but to have it directly across the street is a bitch.
Maybe she likes Kawasaki?
Thanks
CA Stu

a catered life
11-04-2005, 07:52 PM
we need pictures :jawdrop:

burtandnancy
11-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Most HOA's don't have any real teeth. Too bad...

Squirtin Thunder
11-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I am getting ready to have my house painted and I honestly was going to do two shades of Blue with some white and red.

JetBoatRich
11-04-2005, 08:49 PM
There's one in my hood (association) that painted the trim on his house orange. The HOA is going to have it repainted and bill the guy. :boxingguy
What color was the rest of the house :yuk:

SummitKarl
11-04-2005, 09:43 PM
go paint the HOA director Blue..........

MagicMtnDan
11-04-2005, 09:47 PM
HOAs suck big time!
Try living in a small community of 30 homes with an HOA made up of the biggest a-holes in the community. We've got two neighbors effen things up playing holier-than-thou spending money like its free, enforcing rules when they feel like, following the rules if they want to.
I will never live in an HOA community again. EVER.

YeLLowBoaT
11-04-2005, 09:50 PM
I have turned down alot of work for odd ball colors..... I will not be known as the painter that painted that house "fill in the blank" color.
If I had a penny for every time I have talked some 1 out of a color ( or combo) I would have a 40 ft boat with twin 1500 hp motors in it.
I do agree HOA can be a pita.

YeLLowBoaT
11-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I am getting ready to have my house painted and I honestly was going to do two shades of Blue with some white and red.
blue should never be painted on the out side of a the house. :hammerhea

maxwedge
11-04-2005, 10:16 PM
OMG, sombody did something different! Shoot them dead. Oh wait, check with the HOA first and make sure it's ok to fire guns in your yard. I'm sure nobody will care about the murder though. When I left Las Vegas 8 years ago, my friggin neighborhood association was way out of hand. First you could't work on a car (or boat, or the kids bikes, or the friggin mower) in your garage with the door open (And hell no not the driveway), then you couldn't park a boat in your driveway for more than an hour, then never at all. Not to mention all the other shit. Don't get me started. I realize some things just look tacky, but I bought my house to live in, not as a showpeice to impress snotty strangers with. Hey look at me! I have the same really expensive pre-fab beige stucco house with a red tile roof as every other freaking person in the southwest. Yee-haw. God do I not miss that shit. I will trade you the weather though.

voodoomedman
11-04-2005, 10:17 PM
HOAs suck big time!
Try living in a small community of 30 homes with an HOA made up of the biggest a-holes in the community. We've got two neighbors effen things up playing holier-than-thou spending money like its free, enforcing rules when they feel like, following the rules if they want to.
I will never live in an HOA community again. EVER.
One word recall. In my neighborhood the builder was pissed at us for taking some issues to the city so they used their 7 votes per property that they still owned and voted the people in office that we hated and didn't want on the board. They got to be pres and vice pres. It was living hell. We recalled them pretty much at the same time that we recalled that a$$hole governor Davis. It is sooooo much better. However it is still an HOA. We just found the house we've been looking for and will be moving. Needle in a Haystack. Brand new with 1% property tax, no HOA and no Mello Roos or special assessments. The only thing I don't like about it is the price.

bigq
11-04-2005, 10:56 PM
OMG! Squirtin Thunder... that chick in the little video is HOT! I think i just dropped a nut :D

Squirtin Thunder
11-04-2005, 11:10 PM
blue should never be painted on the out side of a the house. :hammerhea
Its that proud american thing

RiverDave
11-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Ok, I am pretty pissed. I live in a homeowners association. They don't bother me much (weeds in the rocks notice once a year). I take my daughter to the doctor today, go to lunch, then come home. I pull onto my street, and someone painted their house the most ugly shade of blue. What the hell? Why do I pay them? Last year, someone down around the corner - in the association - painted their house an ugly brown. I don't live near them, and everytime I see it I say it is ugly, but it doesn't come close to the ugly of this blue house. Anyone have this happen to them? I called the homeowners association office. I really think this is going to lower my property value. :burningm:
Move to Russia.. No blue houses over there that I know of.
RD

Powerquestboy
11-05-2005, 06:52 AM
Say what you want about HOA's and I know there are some bad ones. However I just moved from a neighborhood where I lived next to "That" neighbor who's house was a dump. They added on and didnt paint the newly stuccoed addition for the entire time we lived there (5years) and it was there before we got there. They didnt paint ugly colors...they just didnt paint. The trim wood was rotted, colors were faded. They also kept a pile of crap in the driveway for bulk pick-up at ALL TIMES. As soon as the bulk pick cleaned up their crap they started bringing out more for the next pick up which is a month and a half later. I dont know where all the stuff was coming from. Their dog sh#t in the side yard and it stunk so bad I couldnt even work on the boat in my yard. Now I live in an HOA community and it sucks that I have to call them today to see what colors I am allowed to paint my own house but for me the good definitly outweighs the bad.

a catered life
11-05-2005, 06:54 AM
i still need pictures of he blue house :idea:

AZKC
11-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Its their house they should be able to paint it with poka dots if they want :crossx:
How dare they!!! :skull:
:)

ColeTR2
11-05-2005, 07:12 AM
There is a all blue with white trim house across from my mom & dad place.

2Driver
11-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Most HOA's don't have any real teeth. Too bad...
True, In Carefree we have very resonable CCR's one of which houses need to be painted to fit in with the natural desert. No paint with a refection level over 55% as well.
This guy comes into our neighborhood from CA buys an existing 5,000 foot hillside home and paints the entire house and wall pure white. It would look good in Santa Barbara but here it stands out here like a reflecting beacon. 2 years later it ends up in AZ supreme court and the home owner wins despite the town rules. It is still as white as my A$$ and for sale for 3.5. :notam: Hopefuly new owners will tone it down.

AZKC
11-05-2005, 09:23 AM
You want some color, swing through South Tucson you'll see every color of Easter egg on houses and businesses. Since when do purple and green go together. Well other than on a Kachina :eek: :wink:

Cole Sanger
11-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Here are the two houses I am talking about. The picture does not show the true color of either of them. Especially the blue house. Now, I am no expert, but I will say that if you like blue houses, you are wrong. If either of these houses look good to you, you should kick your own a$$. You are tacky, and you should seek help. Don't try to argue the point, just accept it and get help. Now, if you live in LA, and you live in a blue house, you live in the ghetto. Or, you are trying to make your neighborhood more ghetto-ish.
Here is my point: Some people have no sense of color when it comes to houses. This is why I paid to live in an HOA. Yes, they have their bad points, but they have their good points also. One of the good points is that there is no junk piled up in peoples yard, the home values usually go up, not down, and people have to get approval on the color they paint their house before they paint it. Everyone that moves into an HOA signs a paper after they read the bylaws of that community, so they know what they are getting into. They have the chance to go talk with the neighbors about the HOA before they sign for the title. Again, so they know what they are getting into. If you don't like it, don't move into one. I don't want to live in one, but I can't afford an acre anywhere near here. I don't like that they charge me $90 a quarter and only clean up the community park. They need to take that $90 and make sure people don't paint their house blue.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/643blue_house_1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/643orange_house_1.jpg

lucky
11-05-2005, 10:05 AM
since your houses are cookie cutters - and pretty much all look the same !
I have to ask a very serious question ! Have you ever been drunk and walked into the neibors house and boinked his wife ? :D

uclahater
11-05-2005, 10:11 AM
since your houses are cookie cutters - and pretty much all look the same !
I have to ask a very serious question ! Have you ever been drunk and walked into the neibors house and boinked his wife ? :D
LMAO :rollside:

PalapaHead
11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Totally dont want to sound like a dick here bro. But, your issue is EXACTLY why I never have, and never will live in an HOA 'hood. Phuck that nonsense. If Im gonna pay 500K+ for a house, I will never pay an additional monthly bill just to have a group of A-holes that have nuttin better to do than walk around the streets just looking for sh*t to write up. Also, IF, not to say I ever would, (just the principle of it all here) I wanted to paint my house all red w black trim and replace my entire front yard with concrete and park my boat, and my toy box on it, I should be able to, since I paid 500 whatever for a house. The only approval Im goin to ever need is whether my bank account will allow it or not.

maxwedge
11-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Totally dont want to sound like a dick here bro. But, your issue is EXACTLY why I never have, and never will live in an HOA 'hood. Phuck that nonsense. If Im gonna pay 500K+ for a house, I will never pay an additional monthly bill just to have a group of A-holes that have nuttin better to do than walk around the streets just looking for sh*t to write up. Also, IF, not to say I ever would, (just the principle of it all here) I wanted to paint my house all red w black trim and replace my entire front yard with concrete and park my boat, and my toy box on it, I should be able to, since I paid 500 whatever for a house. The only approval Im goin to ever need is whether my bank account will allow it or not.
Phukin A...
And if nothing else, at least you will prevent Lucky from getting drunk and boinking your wife on accident.

PalapaHead
11-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Here are the two houses I am talking about. The picture does not show the true color of either of them. Especially the blue house. Now, I am no expert, but I will say that if you like blue houses, you are wrong. If either of these houses look good to you, you should kick your own a$$. You are tacky, and you should seek help. Don't try to argue the point, just accept it and get help. Now, if you live in LA, and you live in a blue house, you live in the ghetto. Or, you are trying to make your neighborhood more ghetto-ish.
Here is my point: Some people have no sense of color when it comes to houses. This is why I paid to live in an HOA. Yes, they have their bad points, but they have their good points also. One of the good points is that there is no junk piled up in peoples yard, the home values usually go up, not down, and people have to get approval on the color they paint their house before they paint it. Everyone that moves into an HOA signs a paper after they read the bylaws of that community, so they know what they are getting into. They have the chance to go talk with the neighbors about the HOA before they sign for the title. Again, so they know what they are getting into. If you don't like it, don't move into one. I don't want to live in one, but I can't afford an acre anywhere near here. I don't like that they charge me $90 a quarter and only clean up the community park. They need to take that $90 and make sure people don't paint their house blue.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/643blue_house_1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/643orange_house_1.jpg
Again bro....PHUCK HOA's. Just because one doesnt live in an HOA community (BTW - Planned communities are lame), doesnt mean the neigborhood they live in is going to have neighbors parking junk on their front lawn. There are plenty of neighborhoods, like mine, where there is no HOA, never will be. There will also never be anyone parking junk on their front lawn, throwing used tires and shoes on their roofs, etc.. Because this neigborhood isnt even close to being considered a ghetto. People that live in my area, choose to live there because every house is different, and its own has character, and no one will ever mistake their neighbors house, or his wife, as their own just because their houses look alike. Move out. :2purples:

a catered life
11-05-2005, 11:17 AM
i agreee 100% but the orange look ok but the blu one sucks :yuk:

Kilrtoy
11-05-2005, 01:00 PM
The earth tone house looks just fine...
The baby blue looks like it might be SNoop Doggs house

Brady Bunch
11-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Whatever you do don't move to florida if those colors piss you off. They paint there homes blue, yellow, green and they call it Art Deco........ :rollside:

lucky
11-05-2005, 01:18 PM
yea it's more fun to come to a free boat site and get harrassed by a bunch of assholes :) :D

Sleek-Jet
11-05-2005, 02:02 PM
You want some color, swing through South Tucson you'll see every color of Easter egg on houses and businesses. Since when do purple and green go together. Well other than on a Kachina :eek: :wink:
Hey now... you're starting to get personal... :D I like living in a circus tent...
I know I couldn't sleep at night when one of my neighbors repainted his house the wrong shade of mud... :boxingguy

Cole Sanger
11-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Just as a follow up, the homeowners association called and said that multiple people called about the color. They said that the color of the blue house was not on the approved list, but the other color - orange - is. The people will have to change the color to an approved color. On another note, these houses are not $500,000.00 houses. I bought mine in 2000 for 133 and it just appraised the day before the blue house was painted for 280. Not that that matters much. Say what you will about our houses out here, but my house was built 13+ years ago, and still looks as good as the day it was built. And the only reason it looks as good as it does is because the HOA made the two families before me take care of it. Along with all the other people that live in the community. Big brother sucks, but I bet 99% of the people on here wish that big brother would step in and take care of the oil companies that are ripping us off at the pump. Same principle with the HOA. Bad for the individual, but good for the many.

AZKC
11-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey now... you're starting to get personal... :D I like living in a circus tent...
I know I couldn't sleep at night when one of my neighbors repainted his house the wrong shade of mud... :boxingguy
You live in the Suburbs of South Tucson. :rollside: When they built all those the owners had choice in colors of their homes. "Sir would you like Tan or Tan" :skull:

Rexone
11-05-2005, 03:35 PM
I propose every neighborhood have a moderator group to dictate the color of houses, what type of plants, color of your car, mailbox construction, brand of toothpaste and style of wifes clothing.
Oh and please replace that dented trash can and remove that old TV from behind the garage by next Friday or you'll be reprimanded and fined.
Man it must be winter around here, sheesh :rollside:

AZKC
11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Welcome to Stepford :wink:

Sleek-Jet
11-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Welcome to Stepford :wink:
Those girls are HOT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :220v:

dexman38
11-05-2005, 09:37 PM
my grandmother painted her house a ugly dark gray. she thought she was getting a nice ice gray from the swatch that she had picked. the painters came and painted the house ,when she returned she was shocked at the ugly gray that was on her house. sice she is on a fixed income the house remains ugly gray she hates the color but can not afford to repaint. :yuk:

phuggit
11-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Reminds me of the guy in Riverside who painted his house and roof tiles flourescent colors because he was getting forclosed on. Alice Cooper came out to see it.