PDA

View Full Version : CATALINA RUN 11-11/13 W/SCOPE. Last this year.

KACHINA KEN
11-04-2005, 07:47 PM
It's a lunch run Sat meeting at 10:30 am at Newport breakwater. after lunch some of us are going diving. Doing 1 night dive in the early evening before going out for cocktails dinner and pilaging. Any questions???
Dont be a puss, put your sled in the salt.

KACHINA KEN
11-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Ttt

KACHINA KEN
11-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm going to make this a sticky you sissys.

FASTERDAMITT
Ken, I'm lookin forward to the run. My boat is at Adrenaline getting some things done. If Rusty can get-er-done, I'll be all over Catalina with ya. Let ya know early next week.

KACHINA KEN
Did you know your boat is FASTER in salt water.

KACHINA KEN
11-04-2005, 11:20 PM
that 9 out of 10 chicks will do you if you take them to an island in the middle of an Ocean?

KACHINA KEN
11-04-2005, 11:20 PM
There is no smog on Catalina.

KACHINA KEN
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
And I swore I saw Darryl Hannah swimmin around nekkid last time I was there, she was wearing a big tail or something.

KACHINA KEN
11-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Ken, I'm lookin forward to the run. My boat is at Adrenaline getting some things done. If Rusty can get-er-done, I'll be all over Catalina with ya. Let ya know early next week.
Kick ass, I've always wanted to crawl around a Superboat. Norty ( Phantom Chaos ) is launching from Lido dry stack, we will probably meet him for breakfast there around 9 am and be at breakwater at 10 AM.

KACHINA KEN
11-05-2005, 06:54 AM
TTT, HH you wanna chime in here, aren't you due for a run?

Havasu Hangin'
11-05-2005, 07:11 AM
TTT, HH you wanna chime in here, aren't you due for a run?
Don't look at me. I think I have to change the air in my tires that weekend.
:notam:

dicudmore
11-05-2005, 08:50 AM
love to make it, no longer own a boat :cry:
have a great trip :D

FASTERDAMITT
11-05-2005, 09:12 AM
that 9 out of 10 chicks will do you if you take them to an island in the middle of an Ocean?
That's only cause they can't leave! :D

H20 Toie
11-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Ok you talked me into it :wink: but i have to come back so i can go on the love ride sunday

H20 Toie
11-05-2005, 09:48 AM
cool i am taking 3 with me, i should have a chance :D if not i will leave them on the island :cool:

Steamin' Rice
11-05-2005, 10:25 AM
I think I might be there.... :D

KACHINA KEN
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM
cool i am taking 3 with me, i should have a chance :D if not i will leave them on the island :cool:
or on my boat.

KACHINA KEN
11-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I think I might be there.... :D
You want me and my brother to kidnap your brother and bring him to you?

Code Blue Racing
11-06-2005, 12:37 AM
How many miles is the trip and whats the weather supossed to be like ???

KACHINA KEN
11-06-2005, 10:26 AM
How many miles is the trip and whats the weather supossed to be like ???
4 1/2 hours for you with a boat. Sweater weather at night, or hell break out the leather. 74 during the day and 55 at night.
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-detail.asp?partner=apple&myadc=0&traveler=1&zipcode=92658&fday=7&metric=0

KACHINA KEN
11-06-2005, 11:30 AM
74 degrees, middle of Nov and were still boating :p Sucks to be E coast about right now.

Squirtin Thunder
11-06-2005, 11:34 AM
4 1/2 hours for you with a boat. Sweater weather at night, or hell break out the leather. 74 during the day and 55 at night.
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-detail.asp?partner=apple&myadc=0&traveler=1&zipcode=92658&fday=7&metric=0
Is there gas on the island ???
How many big boats ???

Sherpa
11-06-2005, 12:05 PM
you guys going bugging? bringin some steel for the YFT?
wish I was closer...............
--Sherpa

KACHINA KEN
11-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Is there gas on the island ???
How many big boats ???
Yup I can get gas prices if you want, about 15 scope guys commiting so far. A few HB folks milling it over and 1 got there a week early ( Force 26)

Squirtin Thunder
11-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Yup I can get gas prices if you want, about 15 scope guys commiting so far. A few HB folks milling it over and 1 got there a week early ( Force 26)
No thats OK. I haven't made the run in a very long time, so I would have to run with someone with a bigger boat first before I even think of taking mine.

MBlaster
11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
No thats OK. I haven't made the run in a very long time, so I would have to run with someone with a bigger boat first before I even think of taking mine.
Meh...2 weeks ago my brother in law rode his Honda turbo aquatrax from MDR to isthmus and back. Good thing he took his handheld gps since the marine layer rolled in on the way back.

Jyruiz
11-06-2005, 07:50 PM
We use to make that trip every year (LB to Catalina) with our SeaDoos, it was a blast.

KACHINA KEN
11-06-2005, 08:08 PM
you guys going bugging? bringin some steel for the YFT?
wish I was closer...............
--Sherpa
Are you talking about lobster? I am not going to make it this year, I want to take my brother on his "Discovery Scuba' dive. Get him hooked on it.

KACHINA KEN
11-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Bollacs ST, any boat can make it. Come run with us dude. There is so much dis-information about who and what can run in the salt. 30 yrs ago there were not any runabouts much bigger than 21' and they all went to Catalina. This island and the experience of her is for everyone who has an adventurous heart , this island changed how I look at boating and really helps me balance out, its awesome and you need to do this.

bilgewiper
11-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Bollacs ST, any boat can make it. Come run with us dude. There is some much dis-information about who and what can run in the salt. 30 yrs ago there were not any runabouts much bigger than 21' and they all went to Catalina. This island and the experience of her is for everyone who has an adventurous heart , this island changed how I look at boating and really helps me balance out, its awesome and you need to do this.
Yep, my parents used to run out to Catalina in the late 50's with their 15' flatbottom skiboat. If they left early and it was foggy they would just follow the ferry boat till the fog cleared. Nothing but a boy scout compass. I was a baby then so they left me home.

Squirtin Thunder
11-06-2005, 11:33 PM
I realy need to know how many miles it is even before I comit to anything. 2 eleven gal tanks makes you think a bit. The boat should have no problem. And there will be others there to help if needed. To break the monster waves down.

VanDeano
11-07-2005, 03:06 AM
From Long Beach I think its about 25 miles give or take a mile or 2. (one way).
I wasn't planing on it, but I went to Catalina today (Sunday). I was testing props on my 27' Carrera Sunday morning and I could not believe how smoooooth the water was. I figured what the hell I have a full tank of gas so I took a quick spin from Long beach to Catalina. Even at 10:30 it was like a lake. It was so smooth on the way up to Catalina that I had it WOT most of the way up there. WOT for me says a lot considering the size of my boat. :D
PS...My tank holds 60 gallons and it was almost full when I left and when I returned from Catalina I still had over a half tank. I think it took around 20 gallons for around trip. I know plenty of people that go to Catalina in blow up rafts with little 25 hp outboards on them all the time. There usually drunk but they make it back. :D :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78627_Carrera-med.jpg

Sane Asylum
11-07-2005, 05:54 AM
It's a lunch run Sat meeting at 10:30 am at Newport breakwater. after lunch some of us are going diving. Doing 1 night dive in the early evening before going out for cocktails dinner and pilaging. Any questions???
Dont be a puss, put your sled in the salt.
Just got back........Guess I was about three weeks early...... :2purples: For those of you with doubt about your boat size.............We stopped and grabbed a couple of things at one of the gas stops on the way out of Newport harbor (last one on the left before you hit the channel). The guy tending the store has made the trip about three times in a 12' RIB with a 15 or 20 horse something and a compass.........
Its a great trip.........

Quality Time
11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Just got back........Guess I was about three weeks early...... :2purples: For those of you with doubt about your boat size.............We stopped and grabbed a couple of things at one of the gas stops on the way out of Newport harbor (last one on the left before you hit the channel). The guy tending the store has made the trip about three times in a 12' RIB with a 15 or 20 horse something and a compass.........
Its a great trip.........
Tim,
Glad you guys made it out :p

Sane Asylum
11-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Tim,
Glad you guys made it out :p
Scott........How are things? Sold the Sunsation yesterday........Buyer is supposed to come down to finalize the deal and pick the boat up sometime thanksgiving weekend......
We did the food drive poker run this weekend.........Was a fun last trip with the boat........Buyer rode with me and sealed the deal about halfway through the run......Good guy......Going to a good home........

Quality Time
11-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Congrats on selling the boat; bittersweet. The new owner got a beauty. Now comes the fun part, what's next? :D

H20 Toie
11-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Ok so i am coming south on the 405 from Castaic and will launch from the Los Alimitos harbor, anyone know were the launch ramp is?

nhbuoy
11-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Hey KKEN...I saw that East coast dis...FYI..I am still boating everyday...We're tuff mofos' ...55 degrees at night...whew...you better get out the Spyder gear...You wouldn't want to freeze!!!..lol... :cool: ...Sounds like a great ride tho...always wanted to do the cal coast boat thing...I've done the Bahama thing a bunch of times but not Kalifornia..Throttle safe boyz...

FASTERDAMITT
11-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Ken,
I'm gonna miss your Catalina trip. My boat is not done yet. Every time you want something done in the marine industry it takes three times as long as promised. I'm real close to starting my own facility. This sucks! Maybe I should have got the 496Ho and been happy with 74 mph. Uh, nevermind. Enjoy the trip!
Tom