PDA

View Full Version : ????? About These Reprogramers For A Chevy Pick-Up..

DansBlown73Nordic
11-06-2005, 02:37 AM
Can one of those be used on more than one vehicle? A friend told me you can't use one more than one time. Something with the Vin. number being entered.
If it can be used more than once anybody got a used one to work on a 2000 Chevy 6.0 ?????????

Kachina26
11-06-2005, 09:59 AM
It can be used more than once, but once it is "married" to a vehicle, it cannot be used again unless the program is removed from that vehicle. So, I guess the answer is no, you cannot buy one and program 2 or 3 vehicles with it. Only one at a time.

Ultrafied
11-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Basically, you plug into the data connection under the dash and at the start, it downloads the VIN from your vehicle to the programmer (Hypertech at least does). From there, you program what you want for the vehicle, i.e. shifting, raising the governor limits, advance, etc. Once your done, it uploads all the new specs to your vehicle.
At anytime you can reset to the factory specs with your programmer and the VIN is removed from the programmer. Until you do this, your VIN stays in the programmer and will not let you change another vehicle.

DansBlown73Nordic
11-06-2005, 04:51 PM
OK Thanks