PDA

View Full Version : Lower price flights to Havasu

BoatPI
11-06-2005, 02:52 PM
This topic has been here before.
Well a few months ago when America West was starting the merge with World, the prices went to over $300! I knew something was screwed up.
So I called three times and everyone realized that the lower privced seat codes were blocked off. DAHHH, the flights were 1/2 full. Aparently their memos failed to reach someone with a brain.
Now you would think that someone in LHC government would check on this. But then again you do not have to look far to see that the political landscape is changing monthly.
So two weeks ago I called and reached a cool chick at the correct section of AW. Shazamme!
Flights from anywhere in So Cal to LHC start at $84 each way depending on day, etc, etc. I may be screwing myself so keep the good news in the HB family. I just booked my first RT from John Wayne at $202 including taxes. With all of the traffic returning from Vegas and sand runners this is the only way to go.
FYI; I am sure everyone knows that there are NO direct flights as it is all via PHX. If you time the departure I can make it to LHC in about three hours with a 1 hour layover in PHX.

Havasu Hangin'
11-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Direct? :idea:

Kilrtoy
11-06-2005, 03:32 PM
That is way too much money....
I would do it for 125 round trip......

SummitKarl
11-06-2005, 04:43 PM
ok now it sounds too cheap, I was using them this summer.
best I ever saw was $178 RT PHX-Hava
http://www.americawest.com/AWA/booking/LowFareFinder.aspx

BoatPI
11-06-2005, 05:02 PM
The issue is the fees, 911, landing, keep going up. The fare is the same fare that I paid at the beginning of the year.

Tequila-John
11-06-2005, 05:26 PM
damn from Phx AZ to LHC AZ it 332 round trip F that. I am about 2.5 hours driving

SummitKarl
11-06-2005, 05:40 PM
damn from Phx AZ to LHC AZ it 332 round trip F that. I am about 2.5 hours driving
try booking 2 wks out,, you got the NEXT DAY!!!! price

Kachina26
11-06-2005, 05:53 PM
That is way too much money....
I would do it for 125 round trip......
It cost me 350 last weekend, but I was the pilot, so it was well worth it :D

Sleek-Jet
11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
It cost me 350 last weekend, but I was the pilot, so it was well worth it :D
... and when you can take 3 other people with you, it will be less than 100.00 a seat... :D

Kachina26
11-06-2005, 06:23 PM
... and when you can take 3 other people with you, it will be less than 100.00 a seat... :D
No way am I gonna squeez 4 people in a 172! Yup, I'm gonna have to get rated on something bigger. I got 3 hours of checkride prep and I'm good to go :jawdrop:

Sleek-Jet
11-06-2005, 06:36 PM
No way am I gonna squeez 4 people in a 172! Yup, I'm gonna have to get rated on something bigger. I got 3 hours of checkride prep and I'm good to go :jawdrop:
182... fill the tanks, fill the seats... go flying... :D Good luck (not that you need it) on the check ride. :cool:

Havasu1986
11-06-2005, 07:59 PM
:clover:

slowinhavasuskid
11-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I dont know it would almost be worth it for me because i spend almost that much in gas for a round trip from here in Scottsdale to see my parents in Havasu. So it could be very worth it for me??? Maybe if the plane wasnt so small????? :(

BoatPI
11-07-2005, 05:56 AM
AM West (Mesa Air) has to fly the Beachcraft 1900 to Havasu as LHC has not seen fit to have a fire department station at the airport. Air service will not improve until the city decides to change this. So it is a 19 seat plane, depending on the load and heat sometimes a 14 seat plane. I have flown this route for years and never had too much of a problem. Actually this time of year is the smoothest ride.
If you figure this out as a single traveler and drive 300 miles from So Cal to LHC, you are way ahead by flying. It costs at least 35 cents per mile to operate a modern car, fuel, maintance, insurance, etc.
The IRS is allowing business mileage deductions of 48.5 per mile, so the high cost of ground transporation is way up. For me I just get Dial a Ride to take me to the house where I have the Jeep. And NO stress of rollovers, cars on fire on I-40, drunks, and Sunday traffic.

Havasteve
11-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Shop around, expedia.com doesn't come up with Havasu flights for some reason, orbitz.com came up with a flight to Chicago in Jan for 290 round trip, one stop in Phoenix.
Don't use a travel agent, shop around online

IDGAF
11-07-2005, 02:35 PM
hey maybe now l.h.c. can get a "people friendly" MARINA, for ALL boaters to use and launch from.
I doubt it. I heard that the new mayor is the attorney for the marina.

Sleek-Jet
11-07-2005, 06:05 PM
L.H.C. won't spend the money to improve the airport with a fire dept (to foster more growth) but damn if the won't spend the money to build some piece of crap super mall across from the airport, good logic.
By the way, how did the out going mayor end up with such a prime piece of real estate to put "his" boat company on ? right across from windsor beach, c'mon. maybe thats one of the reasons he's "outgoing", hey maybe now l.h.c. can get a "people friendly" MARINA, for ALL boaters to use and launch from, with friendly people that work there, and NO SAIL BOATERS, with lots of big, nice slips.
That really is BS, since an upgraded airport FD should fall under AIP grants... of course all anyone would do if they brought in bigger airliners is bitch about the noise... :D

BoatPI
11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
NO online travel site can beat the America West website for fares to Havasu. Been threr, done that.
I noted the new mayor wants to buy the London Village with city money for 14 Mill. then place a convestion center on the site. I hopw someone wakes up to this money pit!
Havasu has many political problems, all of which can be sorted out by smart people. The economy is running fast and should not slow down for years to come. They have the money and should spend it wisely. Look at the many traffic lights, with usless left turn lane signals. Peeps just idleing in the cars burning up fuel. And it took years to get the highway 95 lights timed, it that is what you want to call it. Then the sewer pump fiasco that is NOT solved to this day! Last month I received a $163 electric bill, and I was their for 3 days! I fgued the pool pump is $60, and after having the place checked out I have a hunch the pump just ran for a month. A real POS.