PDA

View Full Version : Bill of Lading

INSman
11-07-2005, 06:29 PM
So a buddy of mine needs to figure out how to get a Bill Of Lading from a trucking company, so as to appear that his new boat from CA builder company "X" is being delivered to AZ so he does not have to fork over the CA sales tax.
Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated and your responses will be held in strict confidence. PM would be preferable :cool:

Kachina26
11-07-2005, 09:39 PM
So a buddy of mine needs to figure out how to get a Bill Of Lading from a trucking company, so as to appear that his new boat from CA builder company "X" is being delivered to AZ so he does not have to fork over the CA sales tax.
Anyone with any ideas would be appreciated and your responses will be held in strict confidence. PM would be preferable :cool:
Boat company "X" told me that even if I took delivery in az at my az residence they would still have to charge me sales tax.

Kilrtoy
11-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Why does he not just take delivery in AZ and not commit tax fraud and risk jail time...
Come on.....
Are you serious....

PHOTOGLOU
11-07-2005, 09:42 PM
You will have to pat AZ tax 5.6% instead of 7.75% NOE oregon has no sales tax........................

WetWillie
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Insurance guys are so damn crooked! :D

H20 Toie
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
You only save on sales tax if it's a used boat in AZ, if it's new you still have to pay tax.

PHOTOGLOU
11-07-2005, 09:58 PM
Used vehicles including boats are EXEMPT from sales tax in AZ ONLY if they are sold buy an individual not a licensed dealer..........new vehicles entering into az for primary use or registed to an az address MUST PAY SALES TAX....

H20 Toie
11-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Used vehicles including boats are EXEMPT from sales tax in AZ ONLY if they are sold buy an individual not a licensed dealer..........new vehicles entering into az for primary use or registed to an az address MUST PAY SALES TAX....
Yea what he said ;)

Kilrtoy
11-07-2005, 10:10 PM
How much money is he saving , while risking Jail... It must be 100's of thousands... :( :( :( :(

Phat Matt
11-07-2005, 10:13 PM
It would have to be shipped to Oregon and registered to an address there. I think Montana is the same way. No sales tax.

INSman
11-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Not saving much, easy on the jail thing !!! :( :220v:
So I guess AZ salea tax is a little better, but not worth the hassle and this guy has more money than me :hammerhea :mad:
Kilr, hurry up and buy my house :D

PHOTOGLOU
11-07-2005, 10:15 PM
It would have to be shipped to Oregon and registered to an address there. I think Montana is the same way. No sales tax.
BINGO.... Actually it could be shipped to AZ and reg in Oregon (for example) but if AZ found out it was used there they could then charge sales tax plus penalties

INSman
11-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Insurance guys are so damn crooked! :D
Hey, it's not for me :boxingguy :boxingguy

Kilrtoy
11-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey, it's not for me :boxingguy :boxingguy
And I have never done drugs, BUT I HAVE HEARD IT GOES LIKE THIS.....
Take the 5th on this one.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

INSman
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
And I have never done drugs, BUT I HAVE HEARD IT GOES LIKE THIS.....
Take the 5th on this one.... :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Good to hear, drugs are BAD !!! :p

Rexone
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Don't they make a "Tax Fraud for Dummies" book? ;)
And I'm sure out of out 10k+ member plus thousands more lurkers there no one looking that happens to work for the State Board of Equilization on this public forum. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
11-07-2005, 10:26 PM
And I'm sure out of out 10k+ member plus thousands more lurkers there no one looking that happens to work for the State Board of Equilization on this public forum. :hammerhea
Hey there is no COPS on this forum :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

uvindex
11-07-2005, 10:27 PM
And I'm sure out of out 10k+ member plus thousands more lurkers there no one looking that happens to work for the State Board of Equilization on this public forum. :hammerheaNot to mention the LEOs who read the post and said to themselves, "oh man, I did not just see that!" :D

dicudmore
oh thats good cause we say some stupid shizzit sometimes :D

H20 Toie
There ARE no cops on this forum :rollside:

Phat Matt
11-07-2005, 10:29 PM
I think it's all cops and firemen. :)

Kilrtoy
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
HEY, if I were to actually write utilizing the correct parameters of english, NO-ONE would be able to understand it.....

Kilrtoy
11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
What do cops and firemen have in common? They both want to be firemen. :D
Urban legends and I bet you believe in Nessi

Phat Matt
11-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Urban legends and I bet you believe in Nessi
What? Are you saying this is fake?
http://www.holstein-und-barth.de/Schottland/bilder/16Nessi.jpg

H20 Toie
11-07-2005, 10:37 PM
HEY, if I were to actually write utilizing the correct parameters of english, NO-ONE would be able to understand it.....
Just kidding, Since my english leaves a lot to be desired, and i understand my spelling is rather bad when i have been drinking :D

cola
11-08-2005, 01:11 AM
You will have to pat AZ tax 5.6% instead of 7.75% NOE oregon has no sales tax........................
5.6% is the state tax, the county also has 2 + - % so you don't save anything in AZ.

OGShocker
11-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Bill of lading (http://www.roadway.com/shippers/bol/bill_of_lading_fillable.pdf)

2Driver
11-08-2005, 08:38 AM
I recently talked to a guy here in AZ who went to NV to buy a new boat. I am not sure I followed his story but essentially he did not register the boat or trailer in NV but rather brought it directly to AZ. He had the NV dealer list the trailer purchase separately as $2000 so when he went to the AZ MVD he paid sales tax on $2k (as that is all MVD cares about - the trailer)
He then went over to Fish and Game and obtained a water craft certificate for the boat ( boat only) where apparently ( according to this guy's story) they don't charge tax they process the paperwork and gave him his Water craft certificate ($30). Sounded to easy. :cool:

Phat Matt
11-08-2005, 09:26 AM
I recently talked to a guy here in AZ who went to NV to buy a new boat. I am not sure I followed his story but essentially he did not register the boat or trailer in NV but rather brought it directly to AZ. He had the NV dealer list the trailer purchase separately as $2000 so when he went to the AZ MVD he paid sales tax on $2k (as that is all MVD cares about - the trailer)
He then went over to Fish and Game and obtained a water craft certificate for the boat ( boat only) where apparently ( according to this guy's story) they don't charge tax they process the paperwork and gave him his Water craft certificate ($30). Sounded to easy. :cool:
I don't believe it works like that for a NEW boat, but I could be wrong.

cruser
11-08-2005, 01:09 PM
What exactly qualifies a boat as new or used in Az? Is it that the boat was registered/titled in another state prior to transfer to Az? For how long does the boat need to be registered in the other state?
My concern is that Ihave a new 2004 boat that has not yet been registered (Just finishing the motor now, should be ready for the water early next year.) and there is a slim chance that I might get transferred to Az.