PDA

View Full Version : Election Day

Havasu_Dreamin
11-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Regardless of how you feel about the issues on the ballot, at least exercise you're right to vote. Men and women have died over the years to preserve that right for you.
And for a little humor, yes I know it's been posted before but I think it is a really good summation of the differences.
Welcome to the Republican Party:
A young teenage girl was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat but her father was a rather staunch Republican.
One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked her how she was doing in school.
She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA but it was really tough. She had to
study all the time, never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.
He asked, "How is your friend Mary." She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, went to all the parties all the time. Why she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.
Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a 3.0 GPA.
The daughter angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine and Mary has done nothing".
The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party"

Holland
11-08-2005, 08:38 AM
Classic.... Gotta love it.

barbigrl
11-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Sooo Dam True!!!

Kachina26
11-08-2005, 09:07 AM
If it weren't for unions, that stingy little girl wouldn't have a 4.0. Boy, dad really screwed up when he raised her!