PDA

View Full Version : The Cash this Cashiers Check Scam

Keithb87
11-09-2005, 08:19 PM
to a new level.
I manage a non profit office in Tempe, AZ. I recieved an e-mail a few weeks ago requesting inofrmation on how to make a monetary donation. I replied to the guy telling him to make the check out to Clothes Helping Kids, Inc and send it to my attention.
I get e-mails like that all the time. So on Monday I get a Priotity Mail package to my attention with a cashiers check for $5300.00 and another e-mail asking my company to cash the check and wire 1/2 of the amount to an orphanage in South Affrica. Something about his secreatry made a mistake and since he was in Paris on vacationit would just be easier for us to cash it and wire him the other half so he could drop it off when he finished his vacation or something.
This Cashiers Check was hand written not printed from the Bank so I was a little suspicious. I called the Bank in IL that the check was drawn on. They tell me that the check is Bogus. (Go figure).
Anyway, We will not be cashing this check and will not sending him the other half.
:hammer2:

BadKachina
11-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I get the same emails from users on Ebay. How many people do you think fall for this scam?

Keithb87
11-09-2005, 08:23 PM
I get the same emails from users on Ebay. How many people do you think fall for this scam?
all it takes is one or two for the right amount and Wha La free money.

FunOnTheWater
11-09-2005, 08:29 PM
wierd the schemes they come upwith to rob us :devil:

BadKachina
11-09-2005, 08:29 PM
all it takes is one or two for the right amount and Wha La free money.
Yeah, attrition........... Just like asking girls out at the bar, if you dont ask any, your chances are your going home alone, if you ask 100 you just might get lucky. :D :D

Mohave Vice
11-09-2005, 08:31 PM
I guess more than what we can imagine!

Moneypitt
11-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Just put something, anything up for sale on the recycler web site and you will be bombarded with this phony shit. I finally started putting "Cash, AMERICAN cash only, no offshore scams".........And it slowed down a little, but they still try............MP