PDA

View Full Version : Thinking this Ebay deal is Phishy

AZKC
11-11-2005, 09:39 AM
This car is about 90 miles from me and its worth quite a bit more than this seller is willing to take and he's offering Free Shipping :eek: I'm thinking scam :(
Ebay Mazda (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4588891019&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)
Copy of Email I recieved after asking about PayPal.
ive used paypal, but not this time, i need fast money now.
I will approve one buyer , the one who will accept these terms and will complete the deal through ebay. If you are interested pls send an email to support@items-ebay.com, with the fallowing info:
-Seller ID
-Buyer ID
-Item #
-Buy it Now price
After sending the email, you will immediately receive the payment details.
I WOULD OFFER A BUY IT NOW PRICE OF 2300$ for a fast deal.
I offer free shipping !!Pls reply asap if you are interested , because i am already receiving many mails regarding the car.Thank you
The town he says he's in is a miltary base south of here, the ID he is using or is, has bought some Army stuff but hasn't sold much stuff.

Outnumbered
11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
His feedback looks OK, but I think its a typo. $23,000. Call him up and do a face to face deal. Its close enough.

AZKC
11-11-2005, 09:50 AM
23 G's is way to much, cars worth 5-6 thousand.

olbiezer
11-11-2005, 09:53 AM
make sure it doesent smell like lake ponchitrain water inside lol

AZKC
11-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Thats a good point :smile:

Outnumbered
11-11-2005, 10:46 AM
23 G's is way to much, cars worth 5-6 thousand.
I did not look at the year, but some e-bayers are on crack so who knows? Anyway, I would never buy a big ticket item if it was not face to face or thru a real car dealer on e-bay. Tell him you will drive on down and be sure to run the carfax and look at all the vin locations on the car that you can find.

Sleek-Jet
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Stolen vehicle. Look at the location.
Rio
I heard that all vehicles in Southern Arizona have been stollen... :2purples: :D

Beer-30
11-11-2005, 10:53 AM
I would guess VIN switch.

Outnumbered
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Found this, kind of scary how easy it appears to be:
http://www.guzzitech.com/Vinplate-kurtis.html

Outnumbered
11-11-2005, 10:57 AM
I would guess VIN switch.
If that is the case, then the Carfax mileage would not likely match that VIN. I would google and see if I could find out where the hidden VINs are on that car. Maybe a LEO on here could PM the locations to you?
Call your insurance agent for a quote and give them the VIN and see what they come up with.

AZKC
11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
If that is the case, then the Carfax mileage would not likely match that VIN. I would google and see if I could find out where the hidden VINs are on that car. Maybe a LEO on here could PM the locations to you?
Call your insurance agent for a quote and give them the VIN and see what they come up with.
Worked for Mazda many years, all the removable body parts have VIN stickers. Thats how you tell if they've been hacked on.

H20Advantage
11-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Shows it has been removed by Ebay now. :idea:

BoatPI
11-11-2005, 02:49 PM
It has been removed by E Bay. There is your answer!

AZKC
11-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Yep :jawdrop: just got this from EBAY
///////////////////////////////
Dear azkc:
Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from huzz69 through the eBay email system (for example, you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).
Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so that the other party can obtain your email address. We wanted you to be aware of the potential fraud risk these solicitations pose and encourage you to be cautious about the email you received from this member.
Please keep in mind, sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions. We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection at the address provided below for information on steps you can take to ensure that your transactions are successful:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-buyer-protection-steps.html
If you have already sent the item or sent payment for the item, please reply to this email and we will send you additional information about how to protect yourself.
Regards,
Trust & Safety Department
//////////////////////
Knew this guy was a dirtbag :idea: , at least I never replied back to him :D I shop for Millenia's all the time and this was a to good to be true deal. Got to be careful out there kids.

OGShocker
11-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I guess it could have started out "Hi I am from Nigeria".. :supp:

BoatPI
11-11-2005, 02:58 PM
At best it was a putogether from a salvage roller. be carefull as salvage titles can be washed without much effort. frankly it is best if you have an experienced auto theft detective examines such a vehicle. So many scams and not flooded cars from Texas, and New Orelans

AZKC
11-11-2005, 05:27 PM
The plot thickens :notam: Recieved this a bit ago :devil:
"I am ebay ID huzz69. I was at Fort Huachuca for one year in 2004 which is this auction's location. I have received an email from ebay stating change of email address to huzz699 is completed, which I did not change. This is not my auction and I can not answer any qiestions about this auction. Beware of identity theft!"