PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Garage Started Monday

TCHB
11-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Monday they broke ground on my new RV/Boat garage. The builder Jeff said he will be done by the February 2006. Lets see if he can stick to the schedule or do like most builders in Havasu. The garage will be 30ft wide and 48 deep with 13.6 high door by 20 wide. Should fit good size boat and motorhome together.

Jyruiz
11-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Congrats and see if you can post some pics as the project moves along. I want to make my garage bigger next year.

TCHB
11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I will post pics along the way. It should not take that long but I have seen more than one home Havasu take a year to complete.

Essex502
11-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Not all Havasu builders are alike...Summit Homes has built two houses for us sor far in LHC and both were on time. They quoted 185 days from the permits being approved by the city and they had it done in 184 on the last house. Good people.
Good luck with your garage.

Burley1
11-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Monday they broke ground on my new RV/Boat garage. The builder Jeff said he will be done by the February 2006. Lets see if he can stick to the schedule or do like most builders in Havasu. The garage will be 30ft wide and 48 deep with 13.6 high door by 20 wide. Should fit good size boat and motorhome together.
Tony,
that garage is freaking HUGE, I thought my was big at 30 by 30 but it's funny how fast you can fill it up.
I need to call you. I always feel bad bugging you.
Rick :D

Havasu1986
11-11-2005, 06:54 PM
3 months seems like a long time for a RV garage. I added a 58 x 14 RV garage on to my 3 car garage with a bath room and shower in less thah 2 months. I did this as a owner builder from 282 miles away. After the slab and stem walls and framing were done I spent 10 days there and had the electrical,plumbing,hvac,stereo system,drywall,textured and taped,roof on and lathed and plastered in that time span. And I also had to deal with some strucural problems with the city for tieing into my existing house. The inspector Jeremy and some of my subs said that there was no way I would get it done that fast. But with a lot of planing and phone calls it worked out great. I've had a 2nd home in Havasu since 1986 and had problems with contractors before, I found the ones that are in it for the long haul, not just for the big boom thats going on now.

TCHB
11-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Burley I will be out nxt weekend. Give us a call and we can get your slot moved.
The garage will also have a patio built off the side that will match the house patios. The size of the patio will be 12 by 40. The concrete pad size will be 55 wide by 60 deep. We are building this garage on our extra lot.

uvindex
11-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Congrats on the cool garage! :)

TCHB
11-12-2005, 05:30 AM
When you coming back to Havasu?? You were so content in the Channel on those hot summer afternoons.

uvindex
11-12-2005, 06:25 AM
When you coming back to Havasu?? You were so content in the Channel on those hot summer afternoons.Trying to schedule a visit. Maybe I can build some garages like yours on my lots there! :)

Kachina26
11-12-2005, 06:34 AM
My builder mentioned something about mid October :rolleyes: I walked up your drive a couple of weeks back to get a jump for Gary's truck. WOW what a view!

TCHB
11-12-2005, 08:57 AM
The lot does have a nice view of the lake and mountains. It will be nice to put everthing in one garage. Anyone have any advice on windows in the garage???

Burley1
11-13-2005, 10:48 AM
The lot does have a nice view of the lake and mountains. It will be nice to put everthing in one garage. Anyone have any advice on windows in the garage???
Tony,
I work for a window co. so let me know what you need and I will hook you up.

franky
11-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Don't use the windows, keep the blinds closed but....the skylights are the best. Don't hardly need lights on in the day.

TCHB
11-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Yes the sky lights will make it nicer.

RiverRatMike
11-13-2005, 06:07 PM
sounds nice, I have a three car boat deep garage at my home here in Havasu and just love it! Putting up some more lights tonight I think.

lalhc
11-30-2005, 06:16 PM
I just bought a house on two lots. I'm interested in learning more about your builder because I'd like to build a double wide RV garage adjacent to my home.

SummitKarl
11-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I just bought a house on two lots. I'm interested in learning more about your builder because I'd like to build a double wide RV garage adjacent to my home.
Summit does garages TOO!!!!! let me give you a (hot boat) bid on that :)

lalhc
11-30-2005, 06:49 PM
What # can I reach you @: the 6100 or 0011.

SummitKarl
11-30-2005, 06:52 PM
What # can I reach you @: the 6100 or 0011.
check PMs

BadKachina
11-30-2005, 07:00 PM
That's a nice size garage, I just finished building a 16 x 45 detached garage for the boat with 10' walls and a 9' high door in the front and the back. I haven't moved in it yet, I just epoxied the floor Saturday. I think this weekend will be the big day. I started in Febuary but did most of the work myself. I framed it, drywalled it, painted it, installed the doors and windows, insullated it, wired it and did most of it on the weekends. Its fully sheathed, 2 x 6 construction, r19 in the walls, r30 in the ceiling, stuccoed with a tile roof. I think with the permits, building materials,concrete, light fixtures, garage door openers, paint, epoxy, the labor for the roof and stucco, and all the little extras I'm just over 20k. Not bad but I have a ton of labor in to it.

RNEW15
11-30-2005, 07:09 PM
Keep me informed on the process intrested in doing a garage identical to what you are doing

atomickitn
11-30-2005, 07:16 PM
pm summit karl about a garage. he will hook you !............................ on a side note i should have my Gc lic, hopefuly bye the end of feb mid march.. and swinging a hammer fulltime in havasu... :cool:

PBOCOP
11-30-2005, 07:26 PM
How much is this going to run you ? Who is your contractor ? I would like to get one added on my house in Lakeridge Estates, and have the whole house re stucco'd with something that holds out more water. Seems that over the years the stucco is taking in more water and I'm getting some moisture in my baseboards. Kinda odd. But was thinking of doing it all in one shot but don't have a good contractor. Any ideas ? $40,000 ?
PBOCOP@aol.com
Patrick O'Malley

Member: 7673
11-30-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm interested also, would be curious to see the outcome and building process. Thanks :)

TCHB
11-30-2005, 09:24 PM
They have poured the concrete in the stem walls on Monday and suppose to pour the garage floor on Friday. I am going six inch thick concrete in the garage, carport, and external RV parking area. The total pad will be 53 wide by 50 deep. I will be out in Havasu this weekend and will take pics
The builder I am using was the building supervisor fo CB homes and got tired of that type of work and went on his own. He is not the normal Havasu contractor. He is honest and does what he says he is going to do or if he has a problem he will call.
Builder
His name is Jeff
928-486-9809 cell

Jyruiz
11-30-2005, 10:49 PM
Glad things are gonig well, I can't wait till I am able to extend my garage. I will keep his (Jeff's) cell phone handy.

SummitKarl
11-30-2005, 11:22 PM
How much is this going to run you ? Who is your contractor ? I would like to get one added on my house in Lakeridge Estates, and have the whole house re stucco'd with something that holds out more water. Seems that over the years the stucco is taking in more water and I'm getting some moisture in my baseboards. Kinda odd. But was thinking of doing it all in one shot but don't have a good contractor. Any ideas ? $40,000 ?
PBOCOP@aol.com
Patrick O'Malley
I am guessing your house was built before 96, thats when a 2" weep screen became a requirement in LHC, cut out 2" of stucco around the base of the house and FLASH it. that will stop your problem.
tell me what you want in a garage, I am asuming Attached, I would be glad to give you a bid

TCHB
12-01-2005, 01:24 PM
My house was built in 1996 Southwestern Style. I bought the lot next door and having a detached RV Garage built. I could have saved money if I would have stuck with a basic RV garage but I know I added on at least $15K in a 40/12/12 patio car port to match the Southwestern house patios style. It will nice to have the extra parking and still have the ability to put a boat in if needed. My wife did not want a big box sitting on the lot so we spent quite a bit of time trying to match the house.

uvindex
12-01-2005, 01:27 PM
My wife did not want a big box sitting on the lot so we spent quite a bit of time trying to match the house.I've noticed that wives are like that. Mine wanted fancy "window treatments" in the house, when simple sheets thumbtacked to the walls would have done the same thing for about $20. :D