PDA

View Full Version : NetFlix

Mandelon
11-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Anyone else subscribing to this service?
I think its gonna bankrupt the video stores. We get three movies at a time, as many as you can watch, but no more than three out at a time....$17.99 a month. Postage is prepaid. I have 150 movies in my queue.....
Great service.

TCHB
11-11-2005, 08:43 PM
My wife gets her movies and watches them on the way to Havasu. She pops them in the mail in Havasu and gets new ones the next week. Good Deal.

bilgewiper
11-11-2005, 08:49 PM
We are back to Netflix after temporarly switching to Blockbuster's comparable deal. Blockbuster was a few $$$ cheaper but their turnaround time sucked the big one!

Southwest47
11-11-2005, 08:51 PM
I subscribed to Netflix when it first came out a few years ago. The service was great, but I often had to wait for new releases; sometimes several weeks. Other than that, I was very happy with Netflix. I would probably still be a customer, but a Blockbuster was built right down the street from my house.

NorCal Gameshow
11-11-2005, 08:57 PM
No, but thanks to the reliable postal service, i've received a few netflix DVD's
I dropped them off at the right address...unopened, of course :cool:

97SunsetterLX
11-11-2005, 09:06 PM
blockbuster has the same program plus you get one free rental from the store every month

goeasy8
11-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I just signed up for it yesterday, so I hope its worth it. i was paying almost 30 bucks at BB for the unlimited rentals.

uvindex
11-11-2005, 10:06 PM
I was an early adopter (I think it's been over four years now). I get four movies at a time since I was grandfathered in from the original plan. I've always been happy with the service. :)
Coincidentally, just saw this on MSNBC.com: "Blockbuster posted a loss of $491 million, or $2.61 per share, as revenues fell 2% to $1.39 billion, a shade below analyst expectations of $1.41 billion. While rental revenues were actually up 11% for the quarter, reflecting the price increase the company instituted earlier this year, the company was socked by the loss of $117 million in late fees that it gave up to entice customers to keep coming back. Yet even that did not work; same-store sales fell nearly 4% from last year. Perhaps that's because customers were confused about whether they actually had to pay late fees or not."

dmontzsta
11-11-2005, 10:18 PM
I had Netflix for a couple of years. I switched to Blockbuster online, it is $3 a month less. Plus you get 2 free game/video rentals in store per month. Then they send coupons for free used dvds or buy one get one free.

bigq
11-11-2005, 10:21 PM
I had Netflix for a couple of years. I switched to Blockbuster online, it is $3 a month less. Plus you get 2 free game/video rentals in store per month. Then they send coupons for free used dvds or buy one get one free.
Same here, but the turn around sucks ass as mentioned above.

socalmark
11-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Like Ratherbe, I was an early adopter so I get the 4 at a time. Turnaround time is great. Virtually zero problems in over 5 years. The competition recently forced Netflix to reduce their prices a bit.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-12-2005, 09:11 AM
I would like to sign up for the nietflix, but because we live in a rural area, anyone could come by and open my mailbox. The postal service here is not real reliable, either. I have the blockbuster movie pass and really like it. I signed up for it when they first introduced it, so I get 3 movies at a time for 25/month. We watch a lot of movies and I was always late turning them in, so it saved me about 75-100 dollars a month.
If I didn't have the mailbox issues, I would get the netflix, however.

Beautiful Noise
11-12-2005, 12:26 PM
We love it,Been a Customer for acouple of Years now :D

Mandelon
11-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I would like to sign up for the nietflix, but because we live in a rural area, anyone could come by and open my mailbox.
If I didn't have the mailbox issues, I would get the netflix, however.
Can ya get a mailbox that locks??? :idea:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Can ya get a mailbox that locks??? :idea:
Yes, but if I have to buy a new mailbox, I don't want to get one of those ugly things. In addition to that, I have other issues such as: getting the wrong persons mail (who gets mine??) and once in a while, the mail takes 2 weeks to get to my house (where does it go? on vacation??--things like report cards and credentials :2purples: that I know were mailed on a certain date) The thought has crossed my mind, though. But I think I'll keep doin' what I'm doin'.

HighRoller
11-12-2005, 01:39 PM
I was an early adopter (I think it's been over four years now). I get four movies at a time since I was grandfathered in from the original plan. I've always been happy with the service. :)
Coincidentally, just saw this on MSNBC.com: "Blockbuster posted a loss of $491 million, or $2.61 per share, as revenues fell 2% to $1.39 billion, a shade below analyst expectations of $1.41 billion. While rental revenues were actually up 11% for the quarter, reflecting the price increase the company instituted earlier this year, the company was socked by the loss of $117 million in late fees that it gave up to entice customers to keep coming back. Yet even that did not work; same-store sales fell nearly 4% from last year. Perhaps that's because customers were confused about whether they actually had to pay late fees or not."
Not many people knew this, but Blockbuster made almost 50% of its revenue from late fees. Now they have a system that you need a slide rule to figure out. They got what they deserved.