PDA

View Full Version : Rhodesian Ridgeback for adoption

topless
11-12-2005, 12:43 PM
at Norco Animal Shelter. He is already fixed and will be available on the 16th. The adoption fee is 25.00. I just saw him and he is very sweet and mellow. There are also 2 boxers and a very sweet Pit bull with blue almost white eyes. If anyone wants a new pet, please contact the animal shelters first. You might be surprised what new best friend you will find there.

topless
11-12-2005, 01:03 PM
How old is the ridgeback, approximately?I asked and they said they didn't know. He doesn't have any grey on his face so i guess under 5. He is very sweet and I know these are expensive dogs.

topless
11-12-2005, 01:05 PM
One other thing, he is in a kennel with a Rottwieler who is very underweight. They said they came in together. They are both very friendly.

topless
11-12-2005, 01:09 PM
About how tall and how heavy? What's his favorite color?
He is very tall and weighs about 70 pounds and his favorite color is blue.

topless
11-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Did you ask him if he knew Frenchie? :DHe said he did when he was a puppy. I think thats why he ran away.

topless
11-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Come on people, this is a cool dog and if I didn't already have 3 I would take him. I just don't want to see him put down.

76ANTHONY
11-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Come on people, this is a cool dog and if I didn't already have 3 I would take him. I just don't want to see him put down.
TOPLESS, sweety, dearest, please stay out of the animal shelters, your killin me. :hammer2: :hammer2:

HM
11-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I had a rhodesian for 12 years. Best dog I ever had. He got cancer and we had to put him down. He was fast too....he passed me on my mountain bike and I was doing 45 MPH! And, I saved him from an animal shelter.
I would take this dog in a second, but we are full up on dogs and kids and my wife would kill me.
These really are great dogs. Very loyal, fairly calm, and great around kids. They are hunting dogs, but bread to hunt big game and is why they are safe for kids as they dont have a prey response to small mammals. These dogs were bread to hunt lions in Africa. No, they didn't actaully attack the lions, but they would flush out the lions and get them running towards the hunters. They also have a natural tendacy to protect their owners if the owners appear to be threatened.

Rexone
11-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I had a rhodesian for 12 years. Best dog I ever had. He got cancer and we had to put him down. He was fast too....he passed me on my mountain bike and I was doing 45 MPH! And, I saved him from an animal shelter.
I would take this dog in a second, but we are full up on dogs and kids and my wife would kill me.
I can vouch for that. A neighbor's got out one time and went by me going down the street like a top fuel hydro.
I'd consider but can't handle another dog at the moment. Hope someone snatches him up.

WUTWZAT
11-12-2005, 11:52 PM
That pit sounds sweet, was it a puppy or older dog? Which shelter is this? Norco, me being from OC doesn't make any problems with adoption does it?
Jason

C-2
11-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Ridgebacks are badass. Loyal, great guard dogs. Intimidating too - a scumbag sees one in your yard and sez next house.... Like having a horse with K-9 teeth.
Finding a Ridgeback for free is like finding a 440 GTX in a yuppie's yard.
Somebody better snap this dog up, QUICK!!!!!!!!

topless
11-13-2005, 09:24 AM
That pit sounds sweet, was it a puppy or older dog? Which shelter is this? Norco, me being from OC doesn't make any problems with adoption does it?
Jason
The pit is white with black and it is not a problem adopting him if you are not in Norco either. I love this shelter because they keep animals for as long as they can as long as there is room. I adopted a cat years ago that had been there for 3 months. The pit is an adult by the way. Bitchen eyes and really friendly.

topless
11-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Ridgebacks are badass. Loyal, great guard dogs. Intimidating too - a scumbag sees one in your yard and sez next house.... Like having a horse with K-9 teeth.
Somebody better snap this dog up, QUICK!!!!!!!!Thats why i posted this. I know these are great dogs and very expensive. I'd rather see him go to someone here. Oh and its first come first serve. You can't be on a waiting list for the dogs. I don't think there will be a waiting list for the Ridgeback because not too many people out here know what they are.

76ANTHONY
11-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Somebody better snap this dog up, QUICK!!!!!!!!
this is very true, my best freind has a sister and brother ridgeback, they both are very scary, and they like me.. id hate to break into that house. as far as how fast they are, hahahaha, yeah i cant catch them.. they are very loyal to whomever feeds them. very nice looking dogs too.

topless
11-13-2005, 09:44 AM
this is very true, my best freind has a sister and brother ridgeback, they both are very scary, and they like me.. id hate to break into that house. as far as how fast they are, hahahaha, yeah i cant catch them.. they are very loyal to whomever feeds them. very nice looking dogs too.
Then come get him. I will probably adopt him if no one else does and then find him a home. God, I would take them all home if I could. I'm a sucker for animals. :(

76ANTHONY
11-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Then come get him. I will probably adopt him if no one else does and then find him a home. God, I would take them all home if I could. I'm a sucker for animals. :(
noooooo, you, i would have never guessed that. and i would but there are two things holding me back. i dont like male dogs, and my female mutt is very ummmmmmm jealous.. i dont want to make her go through any more major changes, she has to move so thats enough for her.. :D

topless
11-13-2005, 10:06 AM
noooooo, you, i would have never guessed that. and i would but there are two things holding me back. i dont like male dogs, and my female mutt is very ummmmmmm jealous.. i dont want to make her go through any more major changes, she has to move so thats enough for her.. :DHe is sooooo mellow and is in a kennel with another dog. About 4 years ago, I found one on Christmas eve walking across a really busy street in Norco so I took him home and called the number on the tag. Unfortunatly, it was not the right number so I called the animal shelter the day after Christmas asking if someone lost him and fortunatly the owner had called them looking for him so they gave me the number. I called the lady and she came to get him right away. They had just moved to Norco and he had jumped on the trash can to get over the fence. She gave me 50.00 for finding her dog. He was a very mellow dog too.

76ANTHONY
11-13-2005, 02:04 PM
stop it woman, i cannot get another dog, i cant i cant i cant..... i love my dog and she would have a fit. she would never be the same. shes old, 10, but shes the bomb and its her house. i can ask her if i can get another one, hang on.... she said nope, no way :D

Redneck
11-13-2005, 03:09 PM
those are good dogs my aunt has a female would take it if i could but not right now my chihuahua would kill it

topless
11-14-2005, 02:41 AM
those are good dogs my aunt has a female would take it if i could but not right now my chihuahua would kill itChihuahuas are very dangerous animals.....Scary too. :D

topless
11-15-2005, 05:52 AM
OK, today is the day the dog is available. Let me know if someone wants him because I can go pick him up for you. If not you all suck. OK, not really but who ever did own him does.

Rexone
11-15-2005, 02:42 PM
bump :)

lucky
11-15-2005, 02:46 PM
I can vouch for that. A neighbor's got out one time and went by me going down the street like a top fuel hydro.
I'd consider but can't handle another dog at the moment. Hope someone snatches him up.
lmao -- now that would depend on what boat ..

Rexone
11-15-2005, 08:18 PM
lmao -- now that would depend on what boat ..
Well I just assumed a good running one that actually started. :rolleyes: