PDA

View Full Version : New head unit for superduty

essexjet
11-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm looking for a new head unit in my superduty and I'm having a hard time trying to find one that does all that I want. I'm looking for a unit that plays dvd's, has XM or Sirius, and controls ipod through the head unit. I think the Pioneer does that but I think that it doesn't play dvd's while driving. Please help :confused:

Jyruiz
11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
I don't know any head units that play DVD's while you are driving, you usually have to mod them so they will play wile driving.

essexjet
11-14-2005, 06:50 PM
Anyone using the Clarion headunit. Looks like I have a winner. Any and all opinions are welcome on this headunit.
Clarion (http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/multimedia/VRX755VD.html)
http://www.clarion.com/usa/products/images/medium/VRX755VD_l.jpg

essexjet
11-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Now I got the headunit solved now need some speaker help. Do to my OCD I like to run all the same brand in speakers and amps. So my question is do I go with an all kicker set up with RS6.5 and compVR 10 subs and KX amps or do I go with jl audio with w1 subs and there 6.5's components and amps. I have a friend with a kicker setup and it sounds amazing (thanks to adam at wfs). Please help

H20 Toie
11-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm looking for a new head unit in my superduty and I'm having a hard time trying to find one that does all that I want. I'm looking for a unit that plays dvd's, has XM or Sirius, and controls ipod through the head unit. I think the Pioneer does that but I think that it doesn't play dvd's while driving. Please help :confused:
i should have the pioneer in by the end of the week and it will have the mod, i'll let you know how it is.

Reaper1
11-16-2005, 12:13 PM
essexjet - Let us know what you come up with. I'm also getting ready to do a system in my Superduty and looking for ideas. Did you look at the Eclipse head unit? I believe it has everything your looking for also.

essexjet
11-16-2005, 12:54 PM
essexjet - Let us know what you come up with. I'm also getting ready to do a system in my Superduty and looking for ideas. Did you look at the Eclipse head unit? I believe it has everything your looking for also.
I did look at the Eclipse but the Clarion has a much better software program to navigate ipod and work like itunes. Also the Clarion has two zones and it works like the Chevys as where you can be listening to the radio up front and the people in back can be watching the dvd from the headunit with rf head phones.