PDA

View Full Version : Wake surfing

Morg
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Anyone else ever try this?? :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/545553935795103_0_ALB.jpg

HM
11-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Yes, but that guy is cheating as he is still holding on the rope. Wake surfing is cool for when the water sucks.

Morg
11-14-2005, 06:59 PM
That was so I did not spill my beer :rollside: :rollside:

JetBoatRich
11-14-2005, 07:09 PM
wonder how that exhaust is :yuk:

sigepmock
11-15-2005, 07:55 AM
We surf behind my buddy's Tige all the time.....fill up the fat sacks, tab it to one side and put all the fat kids on the same side. When you get better try making the step/jump from the board to the swim step. Probably the most fun I've had one the water since the first time I wakeboarded and the crashes don't hurt nearly as much.
Exhaust isn't bad....the back of the boat is buried as deep as you can get it to make the huge wake....so the exhaust exists underwater too. Not like those jack asses trying to Teak surf by handing on the swin step with the exhaust right in their faces.
Lots o fun,
Chris

Caribbean Jet
11-15-2005, 08:22 AM
We do it all of the time and have a blast with it. Your right the crashed are nothing compared to Wake boarding.

Powerquestboy
11-15-2005, 08:28 AM
My buddy's and I are addicted to it. Alot of people load up one side of the boat but we have found out that a ton of weight in the bow is really key also. We can ride without the rope for a good 4 minutes I would guess. Its soo much fun. We do 2 boards sometimes as well. Plus the rider is so close to the boat you can tackle him if you feel like it.

Morg
11-15-2005, 09:07 AM
I had only tried the one time, had a blast.
Thought I would see more of it.
Did anyone notice the beer in my hand??
Slow speed, soft crashes & able to drink while riding. Pretty cool deal :cool:

I Feel the Need...
11-15-2005, 09:18 AM
Yep, 25 years ago for me...

Ziggy
11-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Did anyone notice the beer in my hand??
yes, but my question would be : Why? :rolleyes: OUI on a surfboard would be imbarrasing ;) and expensive to boot.....imagine falling and putting that bottle through your teeth :(

Ziggy
11-15-2005, 11:41 AM
zigg, look where the dude is doing it at ..... looks like "sasquatch" is going to come out of the woods and take a lil dipp at anytime ???? i doubt the "5-0" is anywhere near :confused: ;) - keyes
LOL---sasquatch, haven't heard from him in a while :p Yeah, Dano ain't close by for booking......
I still don't get the point of wake surfing with a brew in hand.

nhbuoy
11-15-2005, 11:45 AM
...Those are called TREES...A lot of lakes have them (instead of sand cliffs)...They are good for shade AND knocking down the winds...PLUS..They look really cool..ROCK ON surfer guy

Jordy
11-15-2005, 11:50 AM
...Those are called TREES...
C'mon, now you're just making shit up... never heard of anything called a "tree" nor have I ever seen any around my lakes. :D

nhbuoy
11-15-2005, 12:04 PM
...Jordy, Jordy, Jordy...You gotta get out more often... :D ...

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
doing it for years,Hyperlite makes a board called LANDLOCK,in havasu if you dont get up at 5am to wakeboard it sucks,so we have surfed instead.Exhaust is fine,although Ive heard it been outlawed in some state because of fumes

Morg
11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
The 5-0 is really cool at the lake. he has pretty much told us his schedule so we know when to run the loud obnoxious impracticle boats, And pull stupid stunts like the beer.

AZKC
11-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Just remember your responsible for your wake :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Shoot... as far as drinking and skiing/surfing... I used to stick a beer in the life jacket and then go ski on doubles for 15 minutes or so, (at least until the beer was gone)... Get up, pop open a brew and enjoy the scenery... :D

mororless
11-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Got to agree with AZKC. Going down river this year passed in between 2 ski boats on going up river and the other going down river and they created a 4' wave that crashed over the bow and all most swamping my boat. It look fun though that is way I was not paying attention to the oncoming wave.

BajaMike
11-15-2005, 10:46 PM
We surf behind my buddy's Tige all the time.....fill up the fat sacks, tab it to one side and put all the fat kids on the same side. When you get better try making the step/jump from the board to the swim step. Probably the most fun I've had one the water since the first time I wakeboarded and the crashes don't hurt nearly as much.
Exhaust isn't bad....the back of the boat is buried as deep as you can get it to make the huge wake....so the exhaust exists underwater too. Not like those jack asses trying to Teak surf by handing on the swin step with the exhaust right in their faces.
Lots o fun,
Chris
Jumping from the board to the swim step.....very f-ing stupid....to close to the outdrive/prop.....that is the kind of thing that causes all of our insurance to go up (and it's just stupid.....never go near a prop when the engine is running......totally stupid bad thing to do).......boating rule number one....never run the engine if anyone is near the back of your boat.......
too many good people have lost thier legs or life.....
:2purples:
not funny.....not cool!!!!
:2purples: :2purples:
It's not just be responsible for your wake....how about be responsible for your prop..... :idea: :idea:

Powerquestboy
11-16-2005, 07:08 AM
Jumping from the board to the swim step.....very f-ing stupid....to close to the outdrive/prop.....that is the kind of thing that causes all of our insurance to go up (and it's just stupid.....never go near a prop when the engine is running......totally stupid bad thing to do).......boating rule number one....never run the engine if anyone is near the back of your boat.......
too many good people have lost thier legs or life.....
:2purples:
not funny.....not cool!!!!
:2purples: :2purples:
It's not just be responsible for your wake....how about be responsible for your prop..... :idea: :idea:
Easy there big guy, this is a sport that is only done on a V-drive or Direct drive boat! You surf soo close to the boat you would be an absolute moran to do it on a boat with an outdrive. Its just like bare footing on a boom off the side of the boat, you can very easily fall and come close to the stern. One would literally have to fall and somehow be able to spring themselves about 5 feet forward underwater past the swimstep with the boat moving away from them to come in contact with the prop. Its physically impossible.