PDA

View Full Version : Want a $25 Starbucks card!

WetWillie
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I need some ideas or names for electronics packages I will be selling. This is for a high end project so the names need to be classy. The project is of a Spanish theme. I would like to keep the names in this theme if possible. I am not sold that I need package names but the idea was throw out there. If I can come up with something cool I will us it.
$25 Starbucks card delivered to you if you can put together some good names.
Example
Silver = Good
Gold = Better
Platnuim = Best
I came up with
El amigo
El Hefe
El Guapo
My Wife said
Bueno
tremendo
Magnifico or Fantastico
Se why we need help?? Coffee Anyone? :)

HM
11-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Putas De Noche
Pinchi Gringo
Guacho Gevaucho

ROZ
11-15-2005, 12:39 AM
I am not sold that I need package names but the idea was throw out there. If I can come up with something cool I will us it.
My Wife said
Bueno
tremendo
Magnifico or Fantastico
Be sold.. NAming the packages accordingly is a hit.. trust me...
The names you chose suck.. Your wife is on the right path.. I know it's corny, but a client would rather pick an audio or home automation package called La Maisonette than "supersize combo number 3, please" ....
Also, think Spain and a story , not Mexico Tj jail......
Madrid ..Known for it's night life, musuems, and restraunts
Seville .. a facinating place
Granada.. One of the most Romantic places in the world (great seller to a wife for the bedroom theater with Crestron controlled everything, including mood music and lighting)
Alicante.. Known for it's palm tree laden beaches and sometimes seedy nightlife.
This type of info is worth more than 25.00.... We pay a grip for this type of info from focus groups..
You hiring? :D

Garrddogg
11-15-2005, 05:59 AM
how bout
"Pinchi Bueno!"
Sorry couldnt resist!! :2purples:

franky
11-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Won't that only work if they know something about Spain. When I see those names, I think old crappy American sedans. :D
Too funny Bob, LOL :p

Flashover
11-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Be sold.. NAming the packages accordingly is a hit.. trust me...
The names you chose suck.. Your wife is on the right path.. I know it's corny, but a client would rather pick an audio or home automation package called La Maisonette than "supersize combo number 3, please" ....
Also, think Spain and a story , not Mexico Tj jail......
Madrid ..Known for it's night life, musuems, and restraunts
Seville .. a facinating place
Granada.. One of the most Romantic places in the world (great seller to a wife for the bedroom theater with Crestron controlled everything, including mood music and lighting)
Alicante.. Known for it's palm tree laden beaches and sometimes seedy nightlife.
This type of info is worth more than 25.00.... We pay a grip for this type of info from focus groups..
You hiring? :D
ROZ
Do you work for an electronics retailer? and if so wich one? :D

shueman
11-15-2005, 06:41 AM
ROZ do know his stuff....!!
How 'bout MOTIVO / MOTIVAS...??

Magic34
11-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Juan Valdez
Vincinte Fox
El Shouldhavedonethis2monthsago :D

mbrown2
11-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Roz hit the nail on the head.....
$25 for branding work???? Maybe you should name them El Cheapo! :)

INSman
11-15-2005, 08:22 AM
I need some ideas or names for electronics packages I will be selling. This is for a high end project so the names need to be classy. The project is of a Spanish theme. I would like to keep the names in this theme if possible. I am not sold that I need package names but the idea was throw out there. If I can come up with something cool I will us it.
$25 Starbucks card delivered to you if you can put together some good names.
Example
Silver = Good
Gold = Better
Platnuim = Best
I came up with
El amigo
El Hefe
El Guapo
My Wife said
Bueno
tremendo
Magnifico or Fantastico
$25 , WTF ??!!?? :hammerhea

ROZ
11-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Won't that only work if they know something about Spain. When I see those names, I think old crappy American sedans. :D
You and me both :D ... The idea is to have literature with each package reading not only explaining the functions the package does, but to touch the customer with a story. Like the rmantic ways of Granada, this package not only enhances the home with music and video, but encompases the feeling of passion when you have the ability of complete control of temperature, lighting, music, and even your fireplace or hot tub at the touch of one button.
ROZ do know his stuff....!!
How 'bout MOTIVO / MOTIVAS...??
Thanks shueman... I like that one :)
Do you work for an electronics retailer? and if so which one?
For the moment I work for Tweeter Direct.... b2b division side of Tweeter Home Entertainment... Home Entertainment Made EAsy ... with packages like: The Film Festival (Huge screen huge sound), The Harmony (hidden in ceiling speaker home theater), The Loft
(space saving home theater), and The Showtime( a powerful home theater), to name a few... We have 8 packages in all...
El Shouldhavedonethis2monthsago
DOH.... LMAO...
$25 for branding work???? Maybe you should name them El Cheapo!
I've always believed you're the smartest guy on the boards :)
Let me know if you need any more help Willie :p :D

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
chalupa
taco supremo
mexican pizza-o

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Jose
Jos"b"
La Biblioteca

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Jose
Jos"b"
La Biblioteca
what the hell is that?

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 12:28 PM
what the hell is that?
Say it with me...
Hosay
Hosbee
Library

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
working on your dewy decimal system?

ROZ
11-15-2005, 12:33 PM
chalupa
taco supremo
mexican pizza-o
Thanks to you and 77Charger, I'm going to Chloe's to get a Carne asada burrito and large Horchata for lunch...4.90
Pretty good... It's right behind the b of a on Rancho Sante Fe...

ROZ
11-15-2005, 12:35 PM
working on your dewy decimal system?
He's taking a break from figuring out which truck he's going to buy :hammerhea :D

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 12:36 PM
hungry,is it safe to bring my dog there?

Nord
11-15-2005, 12:36 PM
These are more fitting to your project if you want classy......
*~ are better ones!
El maestro
El Tucanazo
*~ El Tigre
*~El Bailador
La Onza
El Sol

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
11-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Here are some ideas:
Malaga
Quixote
Marbella
Barcelona
El Matador

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 12:40 PM
He's taking a break from figuring out which truck he's going to buy :hammerhea :D
You ain't kidding. This shit is exhausting! :cool:

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 12:42 PM
but photoglou,spell that right?may be worth talking to about chevy

ROZ
11-15-2005, 12:48 PM
La Onza
Ounce ?

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Yo Tengo Diaria.

ROZ
11-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Yo Tengo Diaria.
y tu ?:D

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 12:55 PM
y tu ?:D
ca caa de aqua :squiggle:

ROZ
11-15-2005, 01:01 PM
ca caa de aqua :squiggle:
Patron to the throne.. :jawdrop:

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Patron to the throne.. :jawdrop:
...I always try to keep a roll of Toilet Paper in the freezer for times like that :frown:

ROZ
11-15-2005, 01:14 PM
...I always try to keep a roll of Toilet Paper in the freezer for times like that :frown:
JB, I don't care what RR says about you; You're a smart mofo. Thanks for the tip :idea:

JB in so cal
11-15-2005, 01:16 PM
My mama din't raise no dummy.

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 01:20 PM
JB, I don't care what RR says about you; You're a smart mofo. Thanks for the tip :idea:
day,everything he says is a lie

ROZ
11-15-2005, 03:23 PM
BUmp For Willie :D

Magic34
11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
El goodo
El bettero
El besto
Sorry Willie, I dropped out of high school spanish never to look back.

INSman
11-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I'd give hime the "Winners", but not for a lousy $25 buck gift card that he probably received as a gift from someone else !! :hammerhea :D

BigBlockOldsJet
11-15-2005, 03:52 PM
vamos al infierno en una latta de gasolina

Nord
11-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Donde esta mi' 25 certificado???? :) :confused:

ROZ
11-15-2005, 04:50 PM
En Fuego ;)

Mandelon
11-15-2005, 08:10 PM
I can only assume this entertainment package might have something to do with music being played?
Written music, at least the older stuff, has Italian or Spanish words describing how one should play the tune. Play it loudly, romatically, with emotion, or abruptly...and so on
Allegro..............quick
Andante............moderate/slow
Moderato............moderated
Allegreto.............a little slower than allegro
Con Grazia..........gracefully
Con Moto...........with motion
Giocoso.............Joyfully, or with humor
Adagio...............slowly
Marcato............Marchlike
Vivace..............Lively
Legato..............Smoothly
Forte................Loud
Pianissimo.........very soft
Stacatto..........quick and abrupt
Dolce................sweetly
Fortissimo..........very loud
sempre.............always, constant
sostenuto..........sustained
Obviously some words will work better than others, but they have a foreign, musical base behind them and sound somewhat sophisticated. You might be able to put together a couple of word groupings at least based on these terms.
An extra card for my wife would be nice too...... :D

phebus
11-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Borracho y loco
El Mandelon (might have to pay royalty's)
Montezuma's Revenge

ROZ
11-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Mande- pullin out all the stops- lon
Muy bien ese' :D

ROZ
11-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Yo Willie where is ya? You must be burried deep into a Spanish Translation book, eh? :D

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 09:40 AM
I need a VENTI frap-a-somthing

ROZ
11-16-2005, 09:43 AM
I need a VENTI frap-a-somthing
I need one of their Lemon scones...
You have better coffee at the cafe in the hood....

Mandelon
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Where's my cards???? :cry:

WetWillie
11-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Roz,
I have to say you won it! Gave me some good ideas. I would offer you a job part time writing marketing stuff. But everyone knows you dont need the work. Tweeter must be treating you right!! :D
Oh sorry the card was for $250 that was a typo :jawdrop: ! And two lolitas carni asade burritos with a big glass of Hortachata!
Send me your adddress in a PM Caffinated cupcake! :D

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 01:58 PM
i would have been serious for that,lets start over,Roz cant drink that much coffee

ROZ
11-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm gonna get all sentimantal....and shit...
Last time I won anything was a pair of AC DC tickets from 105.3 back in the early 90's.
I'd like to thank you for the opprotunity. Thanks WW.
I'd also like to thank my parents for giving me everything I needed to succeed in life.. The down payment on the house was nice, too. Thanks mom and dad.
I'd like to thank my beautiful daughter for starting my day off right everymorning with a squishy(hug) and a, :have a good day, daddy."
I'd like to thank my wife for, well you know..
I'd like to thank the members of the boards for all the kudos over the years. I couldn't have done it without you.
Last but not least, I'd like to thank The Lord Amlighty for blessing every moment in my life.
Thank you! I love you all!
No gimme my giftcard! :D
So what did you come up with? PM them if you like :)
;) :D

Magic34
11-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Yo Willie where is ya? You must be burried deep into a Spanish Translation book, eh? :D
More like the fog. Homey missed his meeting. :hammerhea

ROZ
11-16-2005, 02:01 PM
i would have been serious for that,lets start over,Roz cant drink that much coffee
I'm going to be irregular for months! :D

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 02:05 PM
I'm going to be irregular for months! :D
non fat,you will look like a ompaa loompa

JB in so cal
11-16-2005, 02:39 PM
WTF?
Damn. Roz is buying. They sell vodka?

WetWillie
11-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Mr Yanke does not believe SD was fogged in last night. I got to the airport and the first three flights out of SD were CANCLED!!
So yes I missed the meeting. But at least my polisher didnt go out of business!! :rolleyes: Poor DCB!

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Mr Yanke does not believe SD was fogged in last night. I got to the airport and the first three flights out of SD were CANCLED!!
So yes I missed the meeting. But at least my polisher didnt go out of business!! :rolleyes: Poor DCB!
last night coming home from dinner in encinitas,i could see about 40 feet.Very foggy

Magic34
11-16-2005, 02:58 PM
LMAO
Hey no difference to me, but when they call and ask where "MY" tech guys are for the meeting, WTF you want me to say?
Just kidding, everything is cool. :D

Magic34
11-16-2005, 02:58 PM
last night coming home from dinner in encinitas,i could see about 40 feet.Very foggy
How much is he paying you, I'll double it!

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 02:59 PM
LMAO
Hey no difference to me, but when they call and ask where "MY" tech guys are for the meeting, WTF you want me to say?
Just kidding, everything is cool. :D
i would have went as a stand in,what are we doing anyways? :coffeycup

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 03:00 PM
How much is he paying you, I'll double it!
im a cheap date

Magic34
11-16-2005, 03:01 PM
im a cheap date
Coors, sweet.
How bout I send you $2.75 and call it even. Now sell him out!

Magic34
11-16-2005, 03:02 PM
what are we doing anyways? :coffeycup
Playing the no show game!

riverroyal
11-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Playing the no show game!
near the spearmint rhino?He was in town,just not the right part of town :wink:

Magic34
11-16-2005, 03:05 PM
near the spearmint rhino?He was in town,just not the right part of town :wink:
That explains it!!!

ROZ
11-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Yup foggy last night... Came home from Carlsbad(to San Marcos) and the 78 fwy was about a 40mph ride... In the Canyons of carlsbad it was really think. Usually gets REALLY bad on the stretch of the 15 and canyons near where WW is.
And I'm not just protecting my coffee connetion ;) :D
Anytime JB :D

ROZ
12-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Roz,
I have to say you won it! Gave me some good ideas. I would offer you a job part time writing marketing stuff. But everyone knows you dont need the work. Tweeter must be treating you right!! :D
Oh sorry the card was for $250 that was a typo :jawdrop: ! And two lolitas carni asade burritos with a big glass of Hortachata!
Send me your adddress in a PM Caffinated cupcake! :D
Imagine the look on my face when I treated the peeps in my department each to a large cup of peppermint hot chocolate and carmel apple scone that came to 40.00, and the teen at the register said " you still owe 15.00 sir ".

topless
12-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Imagine the look on my face when I treated the peeps in my department each to a large cup of peppermint hot chocolate and carmel apple scone that came to 40.00, and the teen at the register said " you still owe 15.00 sir ".
I want a peppermint hot choclate please. :crossx:

ROZ
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
I want a peppermint hot choclate please. :crossx:
I'd gladly send you a giftcard to get 2 grande peppermint hot chocolates, but I used my card up already :D
Prolly would have thrown a little extra for a lemon scone, or something :D

topless
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
I'd gladly send you a giftcard to get 2 grande peppermint hot chocolates, but I used my card up already :D
Prolly would have thrown a little extra for a lemon scone, or something :D
Damnit!!!!!! :mad:

ROZ
12-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Damnit!!!!!! :mad:
Don't damnit me...lol I'll get ya next time ;) :D

WetWillie
12-02-2005, 06:28 PM
At least he sent the card!! That message you typed took you what about 5 minutes? At $25 for 5min thats $300hr not a bad 5 minutes of your time!!
By the way I went with famous Spanish Artists
Dali
Miro
Picasso
That kinda thing!
So to be honest I got poked! :cry:

ROZ
12-03-2005, 01:50 AM
At least he sent the card!! That message you typed took you what about 5 minutes? At $25 for 5min thats $300hr not a bad 5 minutes of your time!!
By the way I went with famous Spanish Artists
Dali
Miro
Picasso
That kinda thing!
So to be honest I got poked! :cry:
You can't take a little rubbin can you... I actually thought it was FUNNY.
Whether you put up a 25.00 card, a 5.00 card, or no card at all, people would have responded. That's what they do here. You're the bozo who upped the ante. The card wasn't motivation only a game... To be honest, I didn't expect squat until you called...lol...
And about getting poked......lol... Your breakdown doesn't work. A 3K fee from an advertising firm to set you down the right path would have been peanuts when compared to the scope of your project...HA...lol.. Perspective, I guess...lol
Morales of the story: Never say what you done mean, and always check the the total on a giftcard before ordering the most expensive bottle on the wine list :D :D:D:D
Your names are good. Remember to sell the story and not just a/v. People like that... :rollside:
Good luck :D