PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' Baja Lobster

throwerb
11-15-2005, 07:34 AM
My brother-in-law is thinking about opening a franchise in Huntington Beach and I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback about the place good or bad? I did a search on line and it showed 6 locations one of which is Temecula, but they don't list it on their site, the site only shows 4 stores. :confused:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-15-2005, 07:38 AM
I was kicked out of the one in San Diego, I think it was in Old Town, many years ago. Work party gone wild, about 12 of us, were asked to pay our $1200 tab and never return. :D

Tequila-John
11-15-2005, 07:39 AM
I was kicked out of the one in San Diego, I think it was in Old Town, many years ago. Work party gone wild, about 12 of us, were asked to pay our $1200 tab and never return. :D
"EWWWWW I LIKE WHAT I SEE"

throwerb
11-15-2005, 07:42 AM
$1200 tab they should have named a new drink after you and made you a VIP.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-15-2005, 07:44 AM
"EWWWWW I LIKE WHAT I SEE"
LOL!!!!! :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-15-2005, 07:50 AM
$1200 tab they should have named a new drink after you and made you a VIP.
LOL, we were thinking the same thing. We were a "little" out of control though. They had a lobster tank and we were pulling the lobsters out and my boss was teaching us how to tell the sex of a lobster and then letting the lobster run free in the bar. :boxed:

Captain Dan
11-15-2005, 08:30 AM
The Temecula store didn't make it. The "Baja"style of flash frying lobster and shrimp makes everything taste the same.

soupersonic
11-15-2005, 08:34 AM
We didnt have as large a tab lol but we did have a good time and the food was good

Daytona100
11-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Open up a Texas Looseys instead. Way busyier than the rockin baja. Plus when its slow you can stare at the ladies. :cool:

throwerb
11-15-2005, 08:49 AM
The Temecula store didn't make it. The "Baja"style of flash frying lobster and shrimp makes everything taste the same.
Thanks, I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find anything on it.

Caribbean Jet
11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
I really liked the ones in SD, but I think that they closed just about all of them down there, except maybe the one in Old town. Good Luck

OnlyMoney
11-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Oh, to go back to the days of the Temecula Rockin' Baja when they made it into a "nightclub"......gotta' love nostalgia. I thought I owned that place!!! :D :D Yeah, I only found out it didn't make it in August when I went back for my high school reunion. Ha ha. It was pretty funny. :hammer2: :hammer2:

throwerb
11-15-2005, 09:00 AM
I really liked the ones in SD, but I think that they closed just about all of them down there, except maybe the one in Old town. Good Luck
Thanks.

throwerb
11-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh, to go back to the days of the Temecula Rockin' Baja when they made it into a "nightclub"......gotta' love nostalgia. I thought I owned that place!!! :D :D Yeah, I only found out it didn't make it in August when I went back for my high school reunion. Ha ha. It was pretty funny. :hammer2: :hammer2:
Do they all have live music or was that just a last chance move by them. I use to run a Restaurant in Pasadena called 1 West California and when they built Old Town it slowed down and we tried everything from a KROQ local band night to bikini contests to save it.

OnlyMoney
11-15-2005, 09:16 AM
I don't know. They had a dj, dance floor, bouncers, a cover charge (I think). I think it was just what Temecula asked for at the time, that's my hometown. They don't have much for a nightlife. Well, they didn't a few years ago.
In my opinion, this wouldn't be my first choice for a franchise.

throwerb
11-15-2005, 10:06 AM
I don't know. They had a dj, dance floor, bouncers, a cover charge (I think). I think it was just what Temecula asked for at the time, that's my hometown. They don't have much for a nightlife. Well, they didn't a few years ago.
In my opinion, this wouldn't be my first choice for a franchise.
I agree. Just trying to show him some opinions.

Captain Dan
11-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Open up a Texas Looseys instead. Way busyier than the rockin baja. Plus when its slow you can stare at the ladies. :cool:
Ironically, the Rockin' Baja in Temecula turned into a Texas Loosey's

riverroyal
11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
location closed,we went one time.I bit into a chicken strip,it was raw on the inside.I will never go to another again,I was gagging,it sucked

Mrs. casean
11-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks, I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find anything on it.
I thought I saw one here at one time too! Glad I wasn't the only one confused :D

Water Romper
11-15-2005, 02:19 PM
I go to the one in Newport Beach, right by the pier.
Small bar area, no dancing, just a beach type resturant. The "buckets" are awsome. :D