PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Cooper Sales??

HocusPocus
11-15-2005, 02:51 PM
the wife and i just got back from vegas and while we were there we went on a test drive in a mini convertable. well.. now she wants one real bad. :) LA, OC, IE, Arizona, Nevada.. it don't matter to me, just looking for the best price. :D
feel free to post here, or email me at: HocusPocus@verizon.net
thanks!

OnlyMoney
11-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Just my .02, but when we bought our non-convertible Mini 3 years ago, I HAD to have it. Don't get me wrong, I do love my Mini. But, when I drive any other vehicle, I tend to not like it as much. The ride is very rough, you feel every little dimple in the road...just an FYI.....she may want to think about it while you're doing your research.
Oh, and my NON-convertible Mini is now for sale. :D :D SPAM SPAM SPAM

franky
11-15-2005, 03:39 PM
My good friend is on his third mini and he loves them. They are kinda small and gocartish. His first one, hardtop was stolen. He bought a convert but couldn't stand the looks of the funky roll bar thing in the back. Looks great with the top up, funky as hell with the top down. Sold it after 4 months and bought another hard top. He ordered all three of his from Mini Cooper of the Hamptons (New York) and tracks the build, ship, train, truck, etc. Good deal from what he says. I can give you his number if you want to know anything (and I mean everything) about the car and what to order. PM me.

Flying Tiger
11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I checked them out carefully about 90 days ago and found if you order, you can get a slight break on the price. 3% off was the best I could do, and I tried pretty hard.
BMW holds back inventory to juice the price, and the dealers stick together on pricing.
I decided on the Honda s2000 instead, got $4900 off MSRP at Rock Honda, on a car that was already several thou less.
The Mini has character of it's own. It's unique for sure. The only way I liked it was with every option avail., and the supercharger.

MagicMtnDan
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM
From Car and Driver:
The Mini looks stylish top up or top down. More important to us, the Cooper S's sporting nature has not been compromised. The ride is another thing, though. It's as firm as ever, with a stiff suspension and unforgiving run-flat tires. The problems begin when the road turns bumpy. Uneven pavement sends shudders through the Mini's cabin. The rearview mirror shakes until it is useless. The steering wheel wobbles in hand. Interior panels rattle into a racket. It's not terrible, but if the suspension had been softened a tick, Ã* la Mustang convertible, things likely would have worked out much better.
Here's a link to the full review: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=16&article_id=9482

duffster
11-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I own a 03 Mini CooperS and I half to say they do ride a little rough for a street car. But I hear that's just a issue with the CooperS setup and not the normal Cooper. All in all it drives like a fricken supercharged gocart. It nice every once in a wile to get out of the big lifted Duramax and drive a little race car around town. Craig

Sleek-Jet
11-15-2005, 04:33 PM
From Car and Driver:
Here's a link to the full review: http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=16&article_id=9482
I've got to believe that car and driver writers are the grumpiest people in media...
If someone made a car that gave blow jobs and swallowed, they would bitch because "it felt more like sticking my tallywhacker in a shop-vac than a 5 dollar w'hore... maybe next time the engineers will spend more time on tactile feedback..."

HocusPocus
11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
thanks for the info.. :) i do appreciate it.
we are looking at the convertible S model with all the goodies. its not a daily driver so i don't think the stillness would be much of an issue. i have my dodge quad cab, she has a company truck then we have the minivan. she has always wanted a little sports car and since she never really buys anything for herself, i think she is overdue for something fun. :)

duffster
11-15-2005, 06:12 PM
thanks for the info.. :) i do appreciate it.
we are looking at the convertible S model with all the goodies. its not a daily driver so i don't think the stillness would be much of an issue. i have my dodge quad cab, she has a company truck then we have the minivan. she has always wanted a little sports car and since she never really buys anything for herself, i think she is overdue for something fun. :)
Mine is also not a daily driver just a toy for running around town on the weekends. You will enjoy the car. Craig

mbrown2
12-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Anybody know anyone that sales these? I am going to send Ziggy a note, but is there anyone else out? Like someone at Long Beach BMW/Mini or any other dealerships?
Any help is appreciated...

wsuwrhr
12-28-2006, 06:16 PM
I was in the market for a Mini, might have even ended up a birthday present for me.
I heard performance was enemic unless you got the tip-top motor. Sounds like you already have that base covered though.
The second suggestion is, I would check into insurance rates for the exact model you are wanting to buy. I don't remember the best rate I could get from MY insurance agent, but it was close to the payment of the car.
That ended up being the deal killer for me.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Anybody know anyone that sales these? I am going to send Ziggy a note, but is there anyone else out? Like someone at Long Beach BMW/Mini or any other dealerships?
Any help is appreciated...
I don't know if Ziggy has a hook up. I stick with ***boaters wherever I can.
There is a Mini dealership near Duarte right off the 210 Fwy. I don't know the name of the dealership though, they sell BMW's as well.

YeLLowBoaT
12-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I know some one thats trying to sale thier 05 with about 10k miles on it... for way less then it cost new.

bigq
12-28-2006, 08:21 PM
I have been looking also instead of driving the big dodge every day. Drove a non S and it was ok not bad for a four banger, but i would definitly go for the S or even the JCW kit that bumps it to 210hp. Also, might want to wait if you are getting a new one the 2007 are a little different. Myself I think i will find a nice used one.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/107jcw_gp_8x6.jpg

mbrown2
12-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks guys; its for my wife......I spoke to Ziggy...he gave me some references...definitely would get the S. Definitely looking for used from a Private party for something that is 05 or greater with less then 15K miles on it. Most dealers are trying to sell used for above KBB value...and only a couple dealers sell them new for MSRP. A couple I have seen from Private Party's are a little better then KBB private party values.....keeping my eyes open.
The reference above on somebody selling used; would appreciate any info...
Also, I will look into insurance...just seems crazy if it as high as the payment cause our other vehicles are definitely not that high in insurance cost..
Thanks again.

Longtime Lurker
12-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys; its for my wife......I spoke to Ziggy...he gave me some references...definitely would get the S. Definitely looking for used from a Private party for something that is 05 or greater with less then 15K miles on it. Most dealers are trying to sell used for above KBB value...and only a couple dealers sell them new for MSRP. A couple I have seen from Private Party's are a little better then KBB private party values.....keeping my eyes open.
The reference above on somebody selling used; would appreciate any info...
Also, I will look into insurance...just seems crazy if it as high as the payment cause our other vehicles are definitely not that high in insurance cost..
Thanks again.
We picked up a 2004 cooper S from a private party. We got it under KBB, plus the car had some modifications (exhaust, pulley, cai, TRD rims). A dealer told me that mini puts out very few cars for the lot (most are done through orders), therefore the dealers don't haggle with the prices.
the S comes with run flat tires standard. they are a much more bumpy ride that non run flats. We bought ours without the run flats, but I put them on again, since the s doesn't come with a spare tire and it's my wifes car, I thought it would be safer. I could definately tell the difference in ride.
Overall, I really like the car. good gas mileage, fun to drive, very quick car. the most luxury for a car it is not, but it's cool.
there are some differences in the 07. A few tweaks here and there. I heard that they will be offering a turbocharged engine soon, getting away from the supercharged.
You might want to check out these websites: www.mini2.com or www.nam.com
I've taken our car to Long Beach Mini for service, and they have always been great.
Robert