PDA

View Full Version : What do you think...

topless
11-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Here's the deal
My boyfriends parents are divorced and both remarried. He is also divorced and his ex is remarried. On Halloween, we go to his ex's house, the kids trick or treat while we pass out candy in their garage and drink a few beers. On Thanksgiving we all (now this includes his mom, his stepdad, his dad, his stepmom, sometimes even his ex and her husband and all the kids) go to someones house for the day. We even draw names for Christmas and all get together then as well. It might seem wierd but everyone gets along. As a matter of fact, I even like his ex and her husband
So what do you guys think?

Flashover
11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
A little wierd but sounds like everyone is cool with it so let it roll see how it works... :crossx:

topless
11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
A little wierd but sounds like everyone is cool with it so let it roll see how it works... :crossx:
It's worked great for the last 2 years.

Ziggy
11-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Sometimes I think extended, extended families are good in a group. Not always but in certain cases its better than it ever could have been when they were still married.
I personally like my ex's parents and grandparents, they were normal. :p

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
I think if you can all be civil.......it's all the better for the kids to see this and be happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job!!!!!!!!!! :p

lucky
11-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Here's the deal
My boyfriends parents are divorced and both remarried. He is also divorced and his ex is remarried. On Halloween, we go to his ex's house, the kids trick or treat while we pass out candy in their garage and drink a few beers. On Thanksgiving we all (now this includes his mom, his stepdad, his dad, his stepmom, sometimes even his ex and her husband and all the kids) go to someones house for the day. We even draw names for Christmas and all get together then as well. It might seem wierd but everyone gets along. As a matter of fact, I even like his ex and her husband
well - it's norco , you all is related anywaz :crossx:
Thats is actually really cool - especially for the kids --
I wish i could do that but my ex makes makes me vomit uncontrolably

Her454
11-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Extended families are ok and it generally works out better for the kids. As long as it civil it works for me.

Schiada76
11-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Do you swap?

Her454
11-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Do you swap?
DING - only took 15 minutes................. :rolleyes:

Schiada76
11-17-2005, 11:33 AM
:D :D

riverbound
11-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Here's the deal
My parents are this way. and it looks like my Ex and I are the same way. funny thing is, my ex and I are better friends now than when we were married (less fighting). I think it truly is better for the kids that are wrapped up in the divorce to see it this way.
It is a rarity to see things this way....but I wouldnt say it is weird.

Sleek-Jet
11-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Here's the deal
Not weird... especially in today's world. :rollside:

HCS
11-17-2005, 11:47 AM
I think you need to get married then divorced.

HocusPocus
11-17-2005, 11:50 AM
nothing wrong with that at all.. divorce is tough on everyone involved.. so to have a group like you have getting along so well and doing things together is great.
my parents divorced when i was around 5 and they hated each other all their lives.. i have been married twice and can't stand the thought of seeing.. much less talking to my ex-wife, so i really admire what what you got going on.

Mandelon
11-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I think you all should offer counseling classes in Kingman.... :argue: :crossx: :rolleyes: :p

topless
11-17-2005, 11:51 AM
I think you all should offer counseling classes in Kingman.... :argue: :crossx: :rolleyes: :pOr spelling classes.

Her454
11-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Or spelling classes.
How bout just some class. :rolleyes:

boatnam2
11-17-2005, 11:58 AM
sounds like swingers,would get along good on this board!

topless
11-17-2005, 12:00 PM
sounds like swingers,would get along good on this board!Hey, we are all going to the river this year for Thanksgiving. Should I take pictures?

PowellScooter
11-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Here's the deal
Are some of you from Kingman? :cool:

topless
11-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Are some of you from Kingman? :cool:Shut up! I'm trying to help those Kingman people. :cry:

my21advantage
11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Were you guys on Jerry Springer last week? :argue:

topless
11-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Were you guys on Jerry Springer last week? :argue:
I was the one with more than one tooth. :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
11-17-2005, 12:10 PM
I think you need to get married then divorced.
I've been an unwilling participant (parents divorced)...

PowellScooter
11-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Shut up! I'm trying to help those Kingman people. :cry:
Not sure if it can be done.....

my21advantage
11-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I was the one with more than one tooth. :crossx:
Now that you metion it....I know exactly who you are

FMluvswater
11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I can relate real well, Top. I think it is good for the kids to see the adults in their lives being civilised and even amicable to each other. I am still included in many holiday activities with my ex's family along with his new partner. Jacob loves it and seems to thrive on it. One time he looked around at all of us and laughed and said, "Hey, all my parents are here!" :D

***boateditor
11-17-2005, 12:30 PM
Here's the deal
My boyfriends parents are divorced and both remarried. He is also divorced and his ex is remarried.
This is a no-brainer. I see a divorce in your future. :p

topless
11-17-2005, 12:33 PM
This is a no-brainer. I see a divorce in your future. :p
LOL, I am divorced but my parents aren't.

Bryan Rose
11-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Here's the deal
Bet there is still lots of DRAMA :argue: :argue: :argue:

AzLakeLizard
11-17-2005, 12:35 PM
We have the large extended Family in our household! and it works for the kids very well and civil works well also :rollside: !

topless
11-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Bet there is still lots of DRAMA :argue: :argue: :argue:
Actually there isn't any drama.

Riverjet502
11-17-2005, 12:53 PM
WOW... Thats all I can say... That would never work in my situation, not after all the stunts and games my ex played on me and continues to play. Glad it works out for you so smoothly......

Her454
11-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Actually there isn't any drama.
I know you better Ms Queen of Evil, Shit Stirin, Photo Chopping, husband stealing ***boat post ***** and I FLAT REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT. :rollside:

76ANTHONY
11-17-2005, 04:38 PM
Here's the deal
well knowing both you and derrick, i think your making a fortune on stolen cameras :crossx: :idea: :idea:

hoolign
11-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Depends...does his ex have a massive rack??

topless
11-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I know you better Ms Queen of Evil, Shit Stirin, Photo Chopping, husband stealing ***boat post ***** and I FLAT REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT. :rollside:How DARE you post my personal information for the world to see. :mad:

topless
11-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Depends...does his ex have a massive rack??No but she has a tattoo of a naked lady on her back. :crossx:

H20 Toie
11-17-2005, 05:08 PM
i have a couple of friends that still go camping with there ex's and are good friends, i don't see that in the future for me though

hoolign
11-17-2005, 05:49 PM
No but she has a tattoo of a naked lady on her back. :crossx:
Ok it's all cool then.. does the lady look like you?? she may need a giraffe!