PDA

View Full Version : best antivirus....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-17-2005, 11:32 PM
What is the best antivirus on the market and why????????

KLEPTOW
11-17-2005, 11:47 PM
The best one is the one that you update regularly. The best Anti virus Eng is only as good as the latest updates.

YeLLowBoaT
11-17-2005, 11:51 PM
really there is no 1 "best" AVS All have there strong points and weakness. What was said above was true... the enduser has just as important as the software itself.

u4ea32
11-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Get rid of your PCs and get a Macintosh.
You'll never have another virus, you'll stop swearing at yourself for being an idiot when the computer barfs, and you'll keep your computers for years instead of months.
I have never once had to re-install the OS.
I have never once had to "re build the registry"
I have never once had a virus.
On my Macs, that is.
On my PCs, all the damn time.
Remember that Bill Gates was made fun of his entire life for being such a geek. His entire purpose in life is making you pay for his years of being reviled in his youth. He hates you, and gets back at you through chitty software on your computers.

Rexone
11-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Ah... oh nevermind :D (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97309&highlight=virus)

dmontzsta
11-18-2005, 12:51 AM
The Norton and MacAfee for home sucks. You need the corporate editions. The home ones block too much stuff out and can effect your web browsing. Try and find a copy of Norton corporate.
BTW: Check your PM. :)

Kilrtoy
11-18-2005, 06:58 AM
In contrast, I'm sure the guys that started Apple were real winners in High School. :D
OH F***... SWb you never cease to amaze me...

THOR
11-18-2005, 08:17 AM
The Norton and MacAfee for home sucks. You need the corporate editions. The home ones block too much stuff out and can effect your web browsing. Try and find a copy of Norton corporate.
BTW: Check your PM. :)
Agreed 100%. Whatever you do, dont get Macafee. Get Norton Corporate and set it to update automatically. Also, get a spyware removal program as well.

hoolign
11-18-2005, 08:27 AM
OH F***... SWb you never cease to amaze me...
Being president of the SWB fan club...I wonder if I could use that quote as our slogan??? :D
Thanks in advance Kilrtoy
Hoolign.

Jyruiz
11-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Another vote for Symantec corp. edition.