PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about the boat crash on Friday in Havasu??

Liquid Courage
05-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Boat went aground, ejected passengers one in a coma? The boat was a 26 Cobra I believe. Any details?

LHC30Victory
05-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Checked the local area on-line news and nothing! Hope this is just a rumor!

SmokinLowriderSS
05-14-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm not finding anything on the 'net yet. Hopefully it is an error a minor one.

phebus
05-14-2006, 01:11 PM
Anyone hear anything?

Parker Dreamin
05-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Not our 26 Cobra... know there are others around with them, hope all is okay....

Liquid Courage
05-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I don't think it's an error. I actually got a call from someone that was in the boat but didn't get all the info. Just that it was at night or dusk on Friday (or maybe Thursday) and the boat hit something causing loss of control towards the shore where it ran aground and ejected everyone. I guess I'll have to get more info when the guy is out of the hospital.
It is a 26 Cobra (one of the first built I believe). Guy lives in Rancho.

jojoshow
05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I heard that a local Las Vegas area newspaper did story. My friend told me about it today. I think it happened on friday. Don't have any details hope everyone is going to be ok. Hate hearing about this type of stuff.

SnakeWrench
05-14-2006, 05:44 PM
We haven't heard of anything. What Vegas paper was this story in?

SnakeWrench
05-14-2006, 06:34 PM
bump

98 Vector 21
05-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Not good...........

SnakeWrench
05-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Ok, here is the perfect example of how things get blown out of shape around here.
I just spoke to the owner of the boat and here is the real deal. It was a 27, not a 26. It is not clear who was driving the boat, but the boat was not a "total" like was reported before. The owner was injured, but not because of the shoring of the boat. He recieved 7 staples in the back of his head due to a fight after the accident. He spent the night at the hospital only for observation and was released in the morning. There was no coma, no life threatining injuries and no totaled boat.
Just thought I'd chime in and keep the rumors to a minimum. There was no mechanical problems that caused the accident.
Other than that, it's all good.

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Ok, here is the perfect example of how things get blown out of shape around here.
I just spoke to the owner of the boat and here is the real deal. It was a 27, not a 26. It is not clear who was driving the boat, but the boat was not a "total" like was reported before. The owner was injured, but not because of the shoring of the boat. He recieved 7 staples in the back of his head due to a fight after the accident. He spent the night at the hospital only for observation and was released in the morning. There was no coma, no life threatining injuries and no totaled boat.
Just thought I'd chime in and keep the rumors to a minimum. There was no mechanical problems that caused the accident.
So you talked to the owner.. and it's not "clear" who was driving the boat or what happened? Good job on squashing the rumour mill. With the addition of the fight, I think ya might've made it worse? I was thinking.. "Well shit happens" when I first read it, but now I got all kinds of things running through my head.. :D
RD

Jbb
05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
now I got all kinds of things running through my head.. :D
RD
Yeah......like,...where is my next burrito coming from....lol

Ziggy
05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
McD's will be working on a new menu soon....can you imagine the authenticity of a McD carne asada burrito :D :D

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Those from the south east will not talk about Burritos. Burritos shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. Much like Grits aren't in mine.. ;) :D
Having alot of problems with the mexican protests over there are ya? :D Do they even have mexicans in Georgia?
RD

Jbb
05-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Those from the south east will not talk about Burritos. Burritos shouldn't even be in your vocabulary. Much like Grits aren't in mine.. ;) :D
Having alot of problems with the mexican protests over there are ya? :D Do they even have mexicans in Georgia?
RD
Si.....Mexican food is my favorite!......Lots of restaurants.....and lots of Mexicans...just like everywhere else...So Back off ....Hombre..... :p
ps.....everyone here is armed to the teeth.....so protests typically dont amount to very much...

havaduner
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Ha Ha its all good. What happened (as in the accident)
Was the fight a result of the accident.
Come on Snake, inquiring minds want to know.......

THOR
05-16-2006, 11:50 AM
So you talked to the owner.. and it's not "clear" who was driving the boat or what happened? Good job on squashing the rumour mill. With the addition of the fight, I think ya might've made it worse? I was thinking.. "Well shit happens" when I first read it, but now I got all kinds of things running through my head.. :D
RD
Rumour? Are you canadian?

ChumpChange
05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Who used the word 'totaled'? I don't see that word anywhere.
Also, good thing you pointed out it was not a mechanical problem that caused the accident. Good thing to cover the manufacturer prior to anything else. Good thing that Cobra makes such a great hull that you can run it aground with no damage.
What if this was a Howard?
Glad to hear all are okay....whatever the story might be.

BajaMike
05-16-2006, 02:31 PM
:argue:
What a relief to know what really happened..... :idea:
:D

Wake Havasu
05-16-2006, 03:17 PM
It is not clear who was driving the boat,
LMAO
Was he racing some guy in another boat named Deiter?
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/enzo/special_enzo.jpg
It's no wonder I get blasted every time I go to Havi by the locals.
They hate boaters.
Sorry - Unclear who blasted me!

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 03:25 PM
:argue:
What a relief to know what really happened..... :idea:
:D
Just so long as you don't go in the "What's wrong with these pictures" threads Mike... There was some roll cage bashing up in there ( I had nothing to do with it thank you very much ) ;) :D
RD

Jordy
05-16-2006, 03:28 PM
SWEET!!!! Another bandwagon thread. ALL ABOARD!!! :D
p.s. RD SUX!!! :D

Jbb
05-16-2006, 03:29 PM
RD SUX.................... :p

SmokinLowriderSS
05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
p.s. RD SUX!!! :D
Knew that one had to appear shortly. :p
RD, does it suk ..... well ...... suking? :D

Her454
05-16-2006, 03:37 PM
THANK GOD ! You really quilled everyone's worst fears in that it was a dreaded 26. WTF difference does it make if it was a 10 ft rowboat? NO mechanical malf*ction? You mean JUST A DRIVER ERROR? Maybe they shoulda beat him a little more!
This is really a retarded thread!
Rio
God I miss you Rio! You realllllly need to post more............. :rollside:

BajaMike
05-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Just so long as you don't go in the "What's wrong with these pictures" threads Mike... There was some roll cage bashing up in there ( I had nothing to do with it thank you very much ) ;) :D
RD
Ya, nobody believes in the safety factor that a roll cage gives you on a boat (well, it works on race cars!)...... :cool:
Just like some people don't believe in drive showers....:D:D
:rollside: :rollside:

BajaMike
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Ya, nobody believes in the safety factor that a roll cage gives you on a boat (well, it works on race cars!)...... :cool:
And how do all these guys know RD sucks?:confused:
:boxed:

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 03:46 PM
And how do all these guys know RD sucks?:confused:
:boxed:
I dunno.. Apparently it's quite the known thing though..
But so is..
Jordy = Azzhole
JBB = stupid hick
and the list goes on and on..
Mike = Roll Cage.. ;) :D
By that rationale if RD = Sux.. well then it's not that bad. Atleast I'm not the sphincter in the group. ;)
RD

Jbb
05-16-2006, 03:49 PM
But so is..
Jordy = Azzhole
JBB = stupid hick
By that rationale if RD = Sux.. well then it's not that bad. Atleast I'm not the sphincter in the group. ;)
RD
Dave ...Im quite offended by you're mean words... :frown:

Jordy
05-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Me too. :( :( :(

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Well then let me apollogize right up front there Brian. Being that this is the "nnnneeewwwww" PC ***boat n shiznit. :) We'll change it up to JBB = Southern Suburbanite.
Can we hold hands now?
RD

RiverDave
Your still a sphincter, I don't care how PC ***boat has become.. LOL :D
RD

Jbb
He has always been a hater.... :confused:

Jordy
05-16-2006, 03:53 PM
Your still a sphincter, I don't care how PC ***boat has become.. LOL :D
RD
I'm an asshole. If you're going to hate, at least get it right. :notam:
Hey JBB, tear up Little Mister's Team Turnkey application. We have enough insenstivity in the world already and he is the exact image of what we're trying to eradicate to make it a better place. No TT for you Little Mister. ;)

BajaMike
05-16-2006, 03:55 PM
And I heard "Honeyman" is getting a roll cage for his next boat.... :idea:
He has soom knowledge regarding rollovers....

Jbb
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm an asshole. If you're going to hate, at least get it right. :notam:
Hey JBB, tear up Little Mister's Team Turnkey application. We have enough insenstivity in the world already and he is the exact image of what we're trying to eradicate to make it a better place. No TT for you Little Mister. ;)
I always had reservations about him.....If he chooses to be a part of the problem,instead of part the solution......we are just gonna have to pass...

Jordy
05-16-2006, 04:01 PM
we are just gonna have to pass...
2 votes NAY!!! :D
RD SUX!!! Just appears that he's not quite Team Turnkey material. :D

Jbb
05-16-2006, 04:05 PM
2 votes NAY!!! :D
RD SUX!!! Just appears that he's not quite Team Turnkey material. :D
It's unfortunate......but we have to draw the line somewhere......He can re- apply in 6 months....

PlyaPlya22
05-16-2006, 04:14 PM
But so is..
Jordy = Azzhole
JBB = stupid hick
RD
That's the funnies fukcing thing I have read today :rollside:

Jordy
05-16-2006, 04:20 PM
It's unfortunate......but we have to draw the line somewhere......He can re- apply in 6 months....
Do you remember on Seinfeld, when George Costanza was trying to get into the cult that went around and cleaned carpets and they refused to accept him??? Think about it. :D
That's the funnies fukcing thing I have read today :rollside:
Then you obviously missed the boat ramp thread. ;)

unleashed
05-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Well whats the word.....was anyone driving the boat??? Maybe that was the problem???:) :) :)
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

VEGASBABY
05-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Let me see if I understand this. A 26 year old man ran his kayak aground while attemting to shave with a 27 inch razor after discovering a cobra had gottin in his boat. After jumping out of his kayak he fell and hit his head on a picnic table and was hospitalized but released soon after! Is that right? :idea:

Jordy
05-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Let me see if I understand this. A 26 year old man ran his kayak aground while attemting to shave with a 27 inch razor after discovering a cobra had gottin in his boat. After jumping out of his kayak he fell and hit his head on a picnic table and was hospitalized but released soon after! Is that right? :idea:
That sounds about right but I think it was a 27 year old man with a 26 inch razor. ;)

VEGASBABY
05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
thanks for clearing that up :)

Boatcop
05-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Do you remember on Seinfeld, when George Costanza was trying to get into the cult that went around and cleaned carpets and they refused to accept him??? Think about it.
I don't think I'd want to belong to any Cult that would have me as a member.
But that's just me.

98 Vector 21
05-16-2006, 07:55 PM
That sounds about right but I think it was a 27 year old man with a 26 inch razor. ;)
No, he seen his 27 Shadow while in his 26 Cobra...and lost controll!

SnakeWrench
05-16-2006, 08:22 PM
You guys are just wrong. LMAO :D