PDA

View Full Version : New Spa

cc322
11-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Finally got my new Jacuzzi J365 installed today, and have been heating it for a few hours, started a 70 now its at 80, man dont think I will make it in tonight, especially with the Capt & Cokes going down rather quickly, but I sure am gonna try who fills like a spa party??? :) :rollside: :D

Badger301
11-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Finally got my new Jacuzzi J365 installed today, and have been heating it for a few hours, started a 70 now its at 80, man dont think I will make it in tonight, especially with the Capt & Cokes going down rather quickly, but I sure am gonna try who fills like a spa party??? :) :rollside: :D
Congrats and enjoy it....spas are always a good time...just wondering about the couple of hours to go from 70 to 80, how big is it? Is that supposed to be right. Sounds long to me but I'm comparing it to mine.

cc322
11-18-2005, 09:46 PM
They said about 6 degrees a hr just checked 86 almost there.

HOOTER SLED-
11-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Yea, sounds like it is taking long. Gas? 110, 220?????? When we coming over?? :D

cc322
11-18-2005, 09:53 PM
88 degrees It is wired 240 it is a pretty big tub 8' x 8' and 38 " deep I think its going as planned when it its 90 im going in Full Captians And Coke to join me Wife says still too cold :)

cc322
11-18-2005, 10:30 PM
92 getting close :rollside: When she hits 95 I'm going in whos with me?????? :D

Badger301
11-18-2005, 10:38 PM
92 getting close :rollside: When she hits 95 I'm going in whos with me?????? :D
Hell I was in when mine hit 80.....you need to drink more

cc322
11-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Well said Im going innnnnnn

HocusPocus
11-19-2005, 09:05 AM
i have a big cal spa we bought years ago.. we enjoyed it alot the first couple years... but now it only gets used when the kids have pool parties. :D

Dusty Times
11-19-2005, 09:20 AM
i have a big cal spa we bought years ago.. we enjoyed it alot the first couple years... but now it only gets used when the kids have pool parties. :D
Wanna sell it?

cc322
11-19-2005, 09:57 AM
You need to get back in the grove brotha. Dont let her sit she was maade to enjoy :) :rollside:

Rod-64
11-19-2005, 10:35 AM
You need to get back in the grove brotha. Dont let her sit she was maade to enjoy :) :rollside:
Heck yeah! I used mine damn near every night. After work when the back is tight the Moto Massage feature hits the spot.
Mine heats up in 2 1/3 to 3 hours. It's a 350 gallon 3 seater though. Hot Springs Jetsetter.........perfect for what I need with the lounger, and all the jets that I'll ever need. Sprung extra for the Ozonater and my chemical bill is peanuts.
Good luck with yours...........don't let it become a plant holder and junk shelf like so many others I've seen. :D :D

Rod-64
11-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Wanna sell it?
Hey DT!
Cal spa is a one of the top of the line spas. I got mine (a Hot Springs) in Havasu. I did 3 months research before I bought and found out which ones were the best. The guy on Stockton Hill sells Tuff Spas and they look like big dog dishes and the guy was, well, let's just say he shouldn't be in business. :yuk: This was before Valentine bought them out so I'm not talking about him.
The spa tuned out to be a great buy for me; I was worried that after the newness wore off I might not use it that much but it's 5 nights/week minimum for me.

HocusPocus
11-19-2005, 10:58 AM
Wanna sell it?
although it still works great.. im sure its not worth much.. or even as efficient as the newer spas are.. at this point its just easier to keep. i as thinking about how old it is.. and we bought it 18 years ago! its been moved to 4 different houses and the only think we ever had to replace was the heater element which was pretty simple. :cool:

Dusty Times
11-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks Rod and Hocus
I have decided to get my wife one and want to make sure I don't get a junker. Rod, is that the brand that had the display at the fair this year?

cc322
11-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks Rod and Hocus
I have decided to get my wife one and want to make sure I don't get a junker. Rod, is that the brand that had the display at the fair this year?
When you look ask if they are ISO9001. Just like custom boats there are good ones and there are not so good ones. Here is a great site for info
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/guide.shtml?source=adwords

Rod-64
11-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks Rod and Hocus
I didn't go to the fair so I don't know. I got mine at La Fiesta on McColluch in Havasu. A couple doors up there's another place........forgot what they sell.....and across the street is the Jacuzzi dealer.
On furums, I found out the key is to wet test if possible. That's right, bring your speedo right to the store and hop in. A reputable dealer will do this. I could have had a previous years 8X8 model for the same price as mine but the 3 seater was perfect for me. I would not have known this with out getting in it. I'm left handed and when my arm is wiped out from racquetball, the lounger is on the right and 2 jets are right there on the left to hit my shoulder and elbow.
The size was great cuz just me and my GF use it and I can empty, clean, fill and be back in it in 3 - 3 1/2 hours. Heats up fast with the 220.
One key thing is the good ones are insulated heavily with foam. The cheapo Home Depot type ones are just sprayed on the shell where your heater will be working overtime as will your electric meter. :yuk:

Rod-64
11-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Also try www.spasearch.org and get a free catalog

Rod-64
11-19-2005, 01:15 PM
When you look ask if they are ISO9001. Just like custom boats there are good ones and there are not so good ones. Here is a great site for info
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/guide.shtml?source=adwords
This is the site where the forums are. Learned a lot from here, especially the wet test deal.

Rod-64
11-19-2005, 01:19 PM
One other thing, I buy my chemicals from Leslies Pool and Supply in Havasu.
The filters and Nature2 Ozone cartridge I get from www.spadepot.com cuz it's almost half price than what Leslies charge.