PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunner gone????

SixDays
11-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Just heard a rumor that Roadruner is closed, and that it is now vacant. Everything has been removed from the building. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, why? Will oit re-open???

full throttle
11-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Someone with an excess amount of cash needs to get the Sundance going again.

Riverkid
11-20-2005, 10:22 AM
is also being torn down for condos, so I have heard.
I'm bummed to hear about RR though. That's been our first stop every morning after ski rides... Bloody Mary's and skier sandwiches.

neverenuff
11-20-2005, 10:23 AM
I was there last weekend and they were open

riverroyal
11-20-2005, 10:40 AM
bars on the water in parker???place is gonna dry up

mbrown2
11-20-2005, 10:49 AM
I doubt it....RR was still open a week ago and Foxes is definitely still open...

Riverkid
11-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Perish the thought!

Tequila-John
11-20-2005, 10:57 AM
RR is not going anywhere. Sundance is gone for Condos thats a fact!

BADASS38CHEVY
11-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Just heard a rumor that Roadruner is closed, and that it is now vacant. Everything has been removed from the building. Anybody know if this is true, and if so, why? Will oit re-open???
We were there last week partying, i hope it was there because we were. They never mentioned closing

JB in so cal
11-20-2005, 12:59 PM
When I was at RR in October, the sale of the entire peice of property had just fallen out of escrow for the (3rd) time. If it does sell, the dock bar will probably remain open and the land will be converted to something else.
That's what the bartender told me, anyway.

djunkie
11-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Well looks like I'll have to start going to that other bar. The RD Pub and Night Club. :rollside:

life's a river
11-20-2005, 02:09 PM
When I was at RR in October, the sale of the entire peice of property had just fallen out of escrow for the (3rd) time. If it does sell, the dock bar will probably remain open and the land will be converted to something else.
That's what the bartender told me, anyway.
I heard the same thing. The dock bar is the important part! The rest can go.
LAR

Riverkid
11-20-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't think we have ever, not once used the parking lot at RR. I don't even think I could tell you what's up there. Seen the dock a shiatload of times, though... :rollside:

barbigrl
11-20-2005, 04:07 PM
I heard last winter that they were going to build condos on the property. Supposedly, they've been trying for years to get past some zoning restriction concerning height. Sounds like it's a reality.
Glad I've been going to Fox's lately. BG's gonna be pissed. ;)
NO WAY!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
hey Bob, are you going to be in Parker this weekend?? What about you Brown? Desert Bar FRIDAY!!!! :)

2Driver
11-20-2005, 05:08 PM
If it is closing that would be really depressing. God I loved an early morning ski run down to the roadrunner and then a good ole "skier's breakfast". That was my all time favorite place to get food poisoning :D
Just had breakfast and lunch there during the parker enduro. Say it aint so. F-condos!

SK48
11-20-2005, 05:33 PM
:) Just got in the truck and drove up there. Lights are on and the bar
is open as usual. No indication that anything has changed.

Riverkid
11-20-2005, 05:39 PM
RoadRaper to go, please. :)

JB in so cal
11-20-2005, 05:56 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, breakfast potatoes, please.

ParkerSteve
11-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Scarry thread..........Called parker locals right away.. Storyline fits sundance
Parker officals will not permit sundance to build three stories, and since most of sundance is over water and constructions projects are not allowed to polute the river. Demolition has become a major issue and very costly. Roadrunner has been for sale many years, but the purchase has fallen out of escrow..See you all @ parker Thanksgiving.....Turkey at fox's Fri. @ Desert Bar........Everyone Drive Safe......Steve & Julie

Boatcop
11-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Scarry thread..........Called parker locals right away.. Storyline fits sundance
Parker officals will not permit sundance to build three stories, and since most of sundance is over water and constructions projects are not allowed to polute the river. Demolition has become a major issue and very costly. Roadrunner has been for sale many years, but the purchase has fallen out of escrow..See you all @ parker Thanksgiving.....Turkey at fox's Fri. @ Desert Bar........Everyone Drive Safe......Steve & Julie
Has nothing to do with being over water, or the number of stories. It has to do with ADEQ requirements and the ban on new septic systems within the Colorado River water table. In order to do a project like this, they'd have to wait until Buckskin Sanitary District completes that phase of the Sewer Project, or construct their own treatment facility.
Some of the neighbors have objected to the zoning change, to "high density", but gaining that status would not limit them to any particular height. Either it's High density or not. Any condo facility would need high density zoning. Yes or no. 1 story or 5. Same zoning.

mbrown2
11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Has nothing to do with being over water, or the number of stories. It has to do with ADEQ requirements and the ban on new septic systems within the Colorado River water table. In order to do a project like this, they'd have to wait until Buckskin Sanitary District completes that phase of the Sewer Project, or construct their own treatment facility.
Some of the neighbors have objected to the zoning change, to "high density", but gaining that status would not limit them to any particular height. Either it's High density or not. Any condo facility would need high density zoning. Yes or no. 1 story or 5. Same zoning.
BC, whats the real story on the road being closed from Buckskin to Sundance? I heard it was due to the rock falling???? sounded like that could take a hundred years...:)

mbrown2
11-20-2005, 07:55 PM
What about you Brown? Desert Bar FRIDAY!!!! :)
No know dis!!! Yep, we will be out there with some friends on Friday, you gonna be out there? :)

Boatcop
11-20-2005, 08:11 PM
BC, whats the real story on the road being closed from Buckskin to Sundance? I heard it was due to the rock falling???? sounded like that could take a hundred years...:)
Not "the" rock. A bunch of smaller rocks. Boulders still. But not the big one. We had one the size of a small car tumble down recently.
The entire cliff is unstable, and every time it rains, it rains rocks, too. It's cost prohibitive to hire a geological engineer to investigate the stability of the cliff, and even if we did survey it, we don't have the funds to rectify any hazards.
By "we" I mean the County. Riverside Drive was turned over to the County from the state a few years ago. And even though we got a ton of money to improve the whole length of the road, surveying the cliff isn't in the budget.
We look at that section as a "convenience" road, rather than a vital transportation corridor, so for the time being, and probably far into the future, it'll remain closed.

Boatcop
11-20-2005, 08:13 PM
hey Bob, are you going to be in Parker this weekend?? What about you Brown? Desert Bar FRIDAY!!!! :)
Desert Bar is only open on Saturday and Sundays.

sweetwater
11-20-2005, 08:18 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, breakfast potatoes, please.
served with flyssssssssssssssssssssssss pleasesssssssssssssss...............

mbrown2
11-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Desert Bar is only open on Saturday and Sundays.
I am pretty sure it is open the Friday after Thanksgiving but maybe I could be wrong....

bchbum
11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Road Runner has a parking lot ?

2Driver
11-21-2005, 06:38 AM
Speaking of density we were floating down from Parker Dam Sunday mid morning (been a couple years since) How about the white 3 story in (Winnatoo sp?) Geez, those 2 poor ba$tards in the mobile homes next to that monster home. Once a view of the river now a view of stucco walls in their face.

barbigrl
11-21-2005, 08:22 AM
I am pretty sure it is open the Friday after Thanksgiving but maybe I could be wrong....
It was last year.....I am pretty sure it is this year...

mbrown2
11-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Speaking of density we were floating down from Parker Dam Sunday mid morning (been a couple years since) How about the white 3 story in (Winnatoo sp?) Geez, those 2 poor ba$tards in the mobile homes next to that monster home. Once a view of the river now a view of stucco walls in their face.
That's what you can do when you own the park...:)

2Driver
11-21-2005, 08:50 AM
That's what you can do when you own the park...:)
Funny, that was my guess as my wife and i discussed it floating by. Kind of cool what they did with the ramp going under the 3rd story of the house.

Tyson Ross
11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
I am pretty sure those trailers are rentals owned by the owner of the park.

Hardly Satisfied
11-21-2005, 01:08 PM
thanks for all the info in parker boat cop :)

ParkerSteve
11-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Thanksgiving.....Open thur. Fri. Sat. and Sun per the offical desert bar web page See Ya There

mbrown2
11-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanksgiving.....Open thur. Fri. Sat. and Sun per the offical desert bar web page See Ya There
Boatcop's a little out of the loop..or maybe he just wanted the place to himself :):)

mbrown2
11-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Funny, that was my guess as my wife and i discussed it floating by. Kind of cool what they did with the ramp going under the 3rd story of the house.
Yeah, that ramp was there and they built right over it.....I think the house kind of looks out of place there......my dream house on the river is the one on the far south edge of Moonridge...light brown just built in the last two years....
There are some nicer, bigger homes in Miralesta (sp?), but this home does not look across at trailer parks and has the best view on the river of the glass alley gorge....maybe someday! :)

Boatcop
11-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Forgot this was Thanksgiving week.
Oh well............. :hammer2: