PDA

View Full Version : Our Kitty died on Wednesday.....

rrrr
11-20-2005, 09:53 PM
It took me a few days to be ready to write this....
I knew that Kitty wasn't going to be around much longer, I wrote a thread about her a few months ago. She was having kidney problems, had to eat special food that was supposed to help. Me and her had a secret agreement that I would feed her good food like chopped up grilled chicken or steak if she wouldn't tell Fonda. I figured giving her food she liked was better than eating that cr*p from the vet.
So early Wednesday morning something was really wrong, she was unable to get up, crying, and her respitory rate was through the roof. We called the vet and drove to her office. Our poor baby was crying the entire time, we knew it was really bad. So the vet gave her some valium when we got there to calm her down, and then we talked about treatment options.
Something had happened to her back legs and she couldn't move them. After talking a few minutes, we knew that it was time...
The vet gave her a muscle relaxant and then an OD of anesthetic. It just took a few minutes for her to leave us. We both stroked her and cried as she went away. Eighteen years of good times and memories, and I held her little front paw as she went away.
I'm crying again as I type this. I know that we will outlive our pets, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Mrs.Racer277
11-20-2005, 09:55 PM
I am so very sorry to hear this. I lost my cat from the same thing.
She is in a better place.

BigBlockBaja
11-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear RRRR..Hope you and your Family feel better soon.

HocusPocus
11-20-2005, 10:05 PM
pets become so much a part of the family and its never easy to loose one. :(

Rexone
11-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Very sorry rrrr. Know that you did the right thing, you gave her a great life, and she no longer is in pain. Time will heal the hurt, at least partially.

76ANTHONY
11-20-2005, 10:18 PM
wow i am deeply sorry for the pain you have to endour, i know if i lost my pet it would deeply impact my life. sorry rrrr, i hope you and yours a quick recovery over the pain and hurt...

H20 Toie
11-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, I feel for you.

Wet Dream
11-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry to hear this. Pets are a sppecial member of the family.
But I have to warn you...making a post like this might make MMD come out and post that you are looking for sympathy and attention.

BigBlockBaja
11-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Again I must post here.... I cant think of the day I say good bye to this guy.... Hes my main man, dont know what Id do without him......
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3479/10067442ct.jpg

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Sorry to hear this Ron, I was actually thinking of that thread a few days ago. I'm surprised she was still around this long. We have 3 cats and one I am really attached to. I dread the day I have to go through losing him. . . Sorry again.

MagicMtnDan
11-21-2005, 08:55 AM
That's sad news - I feel for you.
I had to put down my English/Irish setter mixed breed years ago and I still remember saying goodbye to her at the Vet's office.
I have two cats (brothers) who have strong personalities and I shudder to think what it will be like without them. :cry:

Mrs_Wally_Gator
11-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Ron and Fonda,
So sorry to hear about you cat. You both are in our thoughts. Wally and I will be back in TX in December, Hope to be able to see yall again.

Tom Brown
11-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry, rrrr. :(
Your friend,
Tom

barbigrl
11-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Kitty is the name of my cat too (yes so original) he is 12, I have had him since I was 14. I can't even imagine what I am going to do when he goes. :( I feel you rrrr. I am sorry for your loss... :(

NoCal NoBoat
11-21-2005, 10:08 AM
rrrr-
Very sorry to read of your loss. We've been there recently also. Casey, my wife's cat died a couple of months ago. She was almost 19. Casey has been a part of her life about twice as long as I have. She has been missed immensely.
We came home and found her. That spared us that difficult decision you had to make.
Take care and best wishes. Time helps.
My wife is now beginning to look for another cat. Not a replacement, just a companion for my cat, Kato. I said " a friend for Kato" ? 'Will we have to name him O.J." ? She said, "NO !"

maxwedge
11-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Very sorry to hear about your cat. I had a cat growing up who we brought home as a kitten when I was three, my parents had her put down while I was away at school about age 21-22. She'd had kidney failure and was in a lot of pain so it was best for her. I've never cried that hard for a human in my life. Very hard to loose a pet.
That was sad enough, but now I find out my Chocolate Lab has been sleeping over at BigBlockBaja's house. lol.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/2890s_Sidewinder_parts_004-med.jpg

rrrr
11-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks you guys, we are feeling better but it sure is hard when your little furball goes away.

IN2-IN2MX
11-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Oh my gosh. I am soooo sorry about Kitty. I've only had my little babies for 4 months and I love them sooo much. I can't even begin to think of how I would feel. You and your family are terrific to have given her love for 18 years...what a wonderful life for her.

Throttle
11-21-2005, 12:37 PM
awwwwfull....

FMluvswater
11-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Sorry for your loss rrrr. :( The love you have for your Kitty helped you do the right thing for her and it will be what helps you remember her and smile when your grieving has passed. :chi:

totenhosen
11-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Damn, that sucks!!! I am so sorry to hear that. Your post brought back memories of all my past pets that are no longer with me. Hopefully when the times is right you'll open up your heart and let another furry friend become a part of your life and family.

MsDrmr
11-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Thats the one thing I hate about loving something, is having to let it go..I am sorry for your loss.