PDA

View Full Version : Metal Buildings

sigepmock
11-21-2005, 10:18 AM
As some of you know I run a metal building components manufacturing company in SoCal. Some of you have asked about pre-engineered metal buildings and up until recently I haven't been able to help out.
That has changed now and a subdivision of our company now designs, engineers, and manufactures pre-engineered metal buildings from 20x10 up to 100' x 200', and with some changes in our plant to plant trucking we are very competive now in our pricing even here in CA.
Here's the new web site:
Quick Bolt Buildings (http://www.mtldir.com/)
If anyone is interested let me know and I can put you in contact with the right people and get you the HB discount.
Thanks,
Chris Mock

MagicMtnDan
11-21-2005, 10:24 AM
So these must be designed and engineered for seismic Zone 4 right?

rrrr
11-21-2005, 10:30 AM
So these must be designed and engineered for seismic Zone 4 right?
Just put a lot of doors around the exterior so you can get out and run like hell when the Big One hits. :crossx: :D
rrrr <---------------Lives in Texas where the ground don't shake..... :D:D

lucky
11-21-2005, 10:49 AM
p.m ya

NOTALENT
11-21-2005, 10:51 AM
NIce...but 2 weeks to late..we just bought a metal garage for the house in prescott valley...doh!!! :hammerhea I know for next time though...

76ANTHONY
11-21-2005, 10:52 AM
OK I HAVE A 18FT BOAT AND A CAMARO, what size do i need....also have a crap load of tools...

prosthogod
11-21-2005, 11:07 AM
I was actually thinking of one for the back yard. Would need a quote to compare to traditional building. Looking at ~30x50 with the door opening big~26. And about 18ft tall. I live in Az.

HocusPocus
11-21-2005, 11:38 AM
wish i had know sooner.. my wifes brother just took delivery of a metal building.. i will bookmark your site in case i run across anyone else looking.
:)

maxwedge
11-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Here in IL they make everthing out of steel barns. Garages, grocery stores, factorys, shopping malls, you name it. Sure it looks a little boring, and doesn't stand up to tornados worth a crap, but the price is right and since everybody else is doing it... :D Actually it's a very cost effective way to build, especiallly larger buildings, and they hold up very well with virtually no maintainence. Some of the newer styles look pretty good too. I would like to replace my garage with a larger steel building next year.

Jordy
11-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Interesting as I was just talking about this very thing at lunch... :idea: :D

moneypit
11-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Id like to get some pricing.. for a 30 x 40 installed.

BADBLOWN572
11-21-2005, 12:17 PM
SigEP, check you PM's.
Danny

red rocker fan
11-21-2005, 12:19 PM
I just sold a 30'x40'x16' for $7500.00 A lady down the street from me has one that she bought before cheaking with the city an now she has to sell it.I can find out what she wants for it. I have one myself an for the price you cant beat it. Plus theres no maintance. Mines 30'x50'x16' I paid $9500.00 six years ago an built it myself. I have built 5 in the last 4 years on the side.If you are looking for one make sure you are zoned an cheack with you city first.

sigepmock
11-21-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks for all the reply's and PM's. I do not have final pricing in hand yet but I can definately put you in contact with the gentleman who is puting together the quotes.
If you're interested send me a PM and I'll get back to you with a rough quote. For the final quote I'll need you to talk directly to our guy or one of our dealers close to you.
As far as engineering goes we can go siesmic zone 4, wind up to 140 mph, and snow loads up to 50lbs. Obviously the higher loads, the more expensive the building but the cost increases are relatively small on the buildings I've seen so far.
Thanks everyone for the interest and I appolagize for not having more exact info on hand. PM and I will make sure you get the info you need.
Chris Mock

red rocker fan
11-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Chris who do you work for? I bought my building from mega steel buildings Esconditdo Ca.

sigepmock
11-22-2005, 06:34 AM
The company I work for is called Components Plus, Inc. The metal buildings are being sold through one of our sub-companies called Metal Direct, located in Luisville and TX. Because of some newly set up shipping routes that have greatly reduced freight costs to get them out here, we are now offering them in CA.
Chris

sigepmock
11-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Just to give an idea ....A good sized shop/garage size is the 30' x 40' x 10', the building itself "Retails" for about $7400, doors and windows are an add and costs depend on size. We're working on finding a good reliable roll-up door supplier here in SoCal to further help decrease the costs.
Thanks again for the interest and feel free to PM or call me,
Chris Mock
909-875-8529

phuggit
11-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Tin roof pimp!

sigepmock
11-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Tin roof pimp!
Schoolkid thug!!! :yuk:

trailerpark_tj
11-22-2005, 01:18 PM
The company I work for is called Components Plus, Inc. The metal buildings are being sold through one of our sub-companies called Metal Direct, located in Luisville and TX. Because of some newly set up shipping routes that have greatly reduced freight costs to get them out here, we are now offering them in CA.
Chris
Perfect timing, I just received a quote from Steel Master yesterday.
I sent you a PM.
Thanks.

sigepmock
11-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Perfect timing, I just received a quote from Steel Master yesterday.
I sent you a PM.
Thanks.
Back at you. I'd love to see how we compare price wise, please let me know what Michael gets for you and how it stacks up.
Thanks,
Chris