PDA

View Full Version : computer help needed......

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-21-2005, 06:56 PM
my windows freeze when I search the net. it doesnt do it until about 10 minutes after searching. Any ideas????

Rexone
11-21-2005, 06:58 PM
my windows freeze when I search the net. it doesnt do it until about 10 minutes after searching. Any ideas????
Get a portable heater and point it at your windows or move to a warmer climate.

Biglue
11-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Stop using the CD tray for a drink holder. :)

bigq
11-21-2005, 07:08 PM
I am sorry i can't help , the question is to specific.
:D
J/K did you run all the normal spyware crap and anti-virus? Have you loaded anything lately?

marty722
11-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Clean out your tmp internet files and cookies and try and run ad-aware. You may have spyware on your system, Also make sure your virus def is up to date.. Good luck

SmokinLowriderSS
11-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Pick up a 6-pack of anti-spyware/adware progrms at a place like C-Net's download.com install, update, and run a few times. Adaware, Spybot, Spy-sweeper, are a good trio, and the 1st 2 are complete freebies (I keep them handy). I suspect some adware has replaced your search functions with theirs but did a poor job of it. Some of those can be mothers to get rid of. Has your home-page changed to something you never heard of too?
PM me if ya like & I'll try to help out. I have fought off a lot of these due to children's instalation habits.

mike37
11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I had that happen
My PC runs all the time and the dust collecting inside slows down the fan on the processor and it over heats and causes thing to mes up

JetBoatRich
11-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Don't search the net :mad:

Sleek-Jet
11-21-2005, 08:27 PM
You must have the "jetboat" version of windows... what you need is the "v-drive" version, it is faster, but you can only use your computer in the morning and the evening... :D

Kim Hanson
11-21-2005, 10:22 PM
You must have the "jetboat" version of windows... what you need is the "v-drive" version, it is faster, but you can only use your computer in the morning and the evening... :D
Thats why you need the " OB " version it goes on for ever with some smoke to keep the insects away.........( . )( . )......