PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix TRAFFIC what a joke

Kilrtoy
11-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Im in havasu and I have been watching the morning news for 3 dyas now...
You phoenixITES have no clue what traffic is. That looks like a typical day at midnight in Los Angeles :yuk:

SCUBA STEVE
11-23-2005, 07:36 AM
You phoenixITES have no clue what traffic is. That looks like a typical day at midnight in Los Angeles :yuk:
What the heck is a Phoenixite? :)
Rush hour traffic is just as bad as LA. The only difference here is that there is no traffic on the weekends unless they close a fwy section off for repairs.
Ask Artv how the traffic here is, he drives in it every day. I can take the streets to work so it's not that bad.

JackieV
11-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Whatever. :rolleyes: LMAO
It's what we have to deal with out here. And traffic is traffic. It SUUUCKS :yuk:

JackieV
11-23-2005, 07:38 AM
Scuba! PM your address! Like now please. I have an invite I am waiting to mail to you guys! :)

Artv
11-23-2005, 07:40 AM
No traffic on my way to work, on the way home i sit in 15min of traffic. When we lived in Cali i would sit in traffic for 2hours.

Kilrtoy
11-23-2005, 07:41 AM
What the heck is a Phoenixite? :)
Rush hour traffic is just as bad as LA. The only difference here is that there is no traffic on the weekends unless they close a fwy section off for repairs.
Ask Artv how the traffic here is, he drives in it every day. I can take the streets to work so it's not that bad.
Look in the mirror.
You saw more traffic leaving the SC game then phoenix has during rush hour....
Plus you havent driven traffic in L.A. in two years PHOENIXITE.
I was complaining yesterday about havasu Rush hour GRID LOCK...
I had two snowbirds infront of me

SCUBA STEVE
11-23-2005, 07:45 AM
No traffic on my way to work, on the way home i sit in 15min of traffic. When we lived in Cali i would sit in traffic for 2hours.
What time do you have to leave in the morning to beat the traffic?
:p
15 minutes my arse!! lol

Jordy
11-23-2005, 07:46 AM
So what you're saying is that you're upset that we're smart enough not to have to deal with the bullshit 3 hour commutes to go 12 miles in Cali??? I have no problem with it. :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
11-23-2005, 07:47 AM
It's Phoenician.
No like quartzsite, sounds better

SummitKarl
11-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Killer you no longer have traffic woes :)
Havasu rush hour is 5 cars deep at the Del Taco :)
all you got to deal with now is 15mph Blue Hairs :rollside:

JetBoatRich
11-23-2005, 07:49 AM
It took me almost 3 hours to go 100 miles last night home from the job site :mad:

SCUBA STEVE
11-23-2005, 07:49 AM
Look in the mirror.
You saw more traffic leaving the SC game then phoenix has during rush hour....
Plus you havent driven traffic in L.A. in two years PHOENIXITE.
I was complaining yesterday about havasu Rush hour GRID LOCK...
I had two snowbirds infront of me
Well yeah 90k people trying to get on the same on-ramp will cause some traffic.
I know if I leave the house at 6am I get to work in 20 minutes on the fwy,
If I leave at 6:10 it takes me 30 minutes on the fwy, anything after that it will take 45-1hr to go 20 miles.
I agree LA traffic sucks, it really sucks on the weekends.

Artv
11-23-2005, 07:52 AM
What time do you have to leave in the morning to beat the traffic?
:p
15 minutes my arse!! lol
I leave the house at 6:00am, I drive the 10hwy for 10miles and i drive the 101 for 20miles. i take the same thing on my way home.

JackieV
11-23-2005, 07:53 AM
We were in L.A. this past weekend and we were all trippen out on how there was no traffic...weird...maybe everyone from Cali has finally moved to Arizona! :)

Powerquestboy
11-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Ummm why would we want our traffic to be as bad as LA? The great thing about Phx is during nights and holidays the traffic is great! Its been pretty good all week here. LA it blows all the time. And if your mad about the way Phoenix peeps drive you need to realize something...THEIR ALL FROM CALIFORNIA. We do get the snow birds here which thows a wrench in the gears, but for the most part they dont drive during rush hour anyway.

JackieV
11-23-2005, 07:55 AM
I leave the house at 6:00am, I drive the 10hwy for 10miles and i drive the 101 for 20miles. i take the same thing on my way home.
Hey!!!! So what the hell are ya doing for 30 minutes???
Better start giving me some before you leave sucka! :p Besides the cookie is all warm and marinaded at that time! :) LMAO

DelawareDave
11-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Well, let me see- I haven't been to LA since 1972 or 73, but I did go to Disneyland in 1990. I haven't lived in Phoenix since 1996. I guess I am clueless! :rolleyes: I'll stick with Del-A-Where?

Jordy
11-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Now, I'm running out of fingers to count on here, but to me that seems like 30 miles, and to make it in 15 minutes you'd have to be driving more than 120 mph the whole time in order for it to average out. Do you have thru-transom on your car? That could explain it. :D :D :D
Guess, if I read a little closer it would help. Sorry not awake yet this morning. Been a long week already. I'd buy 15 minutes of traffic and you're pretty much going against the flow both directions. Smart way to do it. :D

Kilrtoy
11-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Ummm why would we want our traffic to be as bad as LA?
Never said that...
I hear people complain about traffic out there and it is a simple observation over the past three days.... :cool:

Jordy
11-23-2005, 07:57 AM
We do get the snow birds here which thows a wrench in the gears, but for the most part they dont drive during rush hour anyway.
I thought all the 'birds hung out with Scuba out in Mesa and on into Apache Junction... :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
11-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey!!!! So what the hell are ya doing for 30 minutes???
Better start giving me some before you leave sucka! :p Besides the cookie is all warm and marinaded at that time! :) LMAO
Really?????? who did that to it???????

Kilrtoy
11-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Now, I'm running out of fingers to count on here, but to me that seems like 30 miles, and to make it in 15 minutes you'd have to be driving more than 120 mph the whole time in order for it to average out. Do you have thru-transom on your car? That could explain it. :D :D :D
He wishes it had thru hull,
he has his mufflers in the back window

Powerquestboy
11-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Never said that...
I hear people complain about traffic out there and it is a simple observation over the past three days.... :cool:
Wasnt talking to you. Seems like some Phx peeps try to make it out to be a lot worse than it is and dont want to be outdone by LA traffic. Me, I'm ok with it.

Powerquestboy
11-23-2005, 08:04 AM
I thought all the 'birds hung out with Scuba out in Mesa and on into Apache Junction... :D :D :D
Yeah I try to stay away from Mesa but occasionally have to visit the inlaws in Carefree/Cavecreek and wow there are some slow caddilacs up there! That and the Lawyers on their new Harleys that they can barely ride makes for some tough times on the roads.

Jordy
11-23-2005, 08:06 AM
That and the Lawyers on their new Harleys that they can barely ride makes for some tough times on the roads.
You're talking about the RUB's. Rich Urban Bikers. :D :D :D

Powerquestboy
11-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Thats awesome!

SCUBA STEVE
11-23-2005, 08:09 AM
If what you are saying is true, good thing I am moving to your side of town soon. I still think it takes you longer then 30 minute though lol :p

barbigrl
11-23-2005, 08:09 AM
1 1/2 hours on the 91 to go 10 miles yesterday..... :cry:

JackieV
11-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Oh Jordania...your so like "Arizona" to the core. Like totally gag me with a spoon. :p LOL
Luv ya Jordy pordy pudding pie!

Kilrtoy
11-23-2005, 08:10 AM
1 1/2 hours on the 91 to go 10 miles yesterday..... :cry:
YEAH, but you were walking :boxed:

SCUBA STEVE
11-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Never said that...
There is nothing else to complain about here. :p

Jordy
11-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Walking or working??? It's hard to walk in some of the getups I've seen pics of BG wearing. ;) :D :D :D

JackieV
11-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Really?????? who did that to it???????
It does it allll by it's self. It self marinates. Besides I take good care of it as well. Weiner! lol :)

JackieV
11-23-2005, 08:15 AM
No way I'm sure she called up a wonderful ***boat member and they came right on up and swooped her up. LOL
Sorry BG, I just had to...hee hee. :p

2Driver
11-23-2005, 08:20 AM
I just ran to the home depot in Cave Creek for light bulbs: That was my commute.
Later, I'll scew them in: That's it for work today :)

carreraelite
11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
16 miles each direction for me. It usually takes about 25-35 minutes each direction, depending on how well the Mexico plates are moving.....

Jordy
11-23-2005, 09:11 AM
My commute is about 50' or so. Get up, walk around the corner into my office and here I am. :D :D :D

KACHINA KEN
11-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Phoenicians.

riverroyal
11-23-2005, 09:42 AM
traffic has really been bad the last few years.Ask tobtek about his commute.Im still moving to AZ :cool:

Jordy
11-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Perfect example is all the building west of Phx, Goodyear area out I-10, IT'S STILL 2 LANES east/west bound and now the houses are sitting next to the freeway.
Been up North lately? I-17 is 2 lanes in each direction starting around Deer Valley. They're building all over the place up around Carefree Highway, and then there's Anthem. I try my hardest to stay off I-17. Want to go left off the I-17 North, like to Pleasant? Good luck with that. Same thing going South on I-17 to Carefree Highway East. They need lights bad on that deal. Oh, and the bridge is 2 lanes there. Traffic backups for miles.
Going to the lake, we typically hit the Albertsons at 17 and Carefree to avoid that left turn as it's next to impossible without a boat on. Add a boat? Good luck.
Oh and they have no immediate plans to widen the 17. Gotta love it.

riverroyal
11-23-2005, 10:05 AM
:mad: The main problem with Phx is the politicians want it to be like L.A. for the money, there building houses like crazy, but have no freeway systems to keep up. Perfect example is all the building west of Phx, Goodyear area out I-10, IT'S STILL 2 LANES east/west bound and now the houses are sitting next to the freeway. ADOT has a mess, until they build the hiways first, then build the communities, it'll all be bad everywhere. Let the big builders pay for the new hiways, to thier communities, or malls, instead of us tax payers !!! :mad: Snow birds go home would help, they don't need to be in the a.m. rush hr traffic poking along!!!!!!
builders paying for road improvements there?they do surface roads here,not hiway stuff

carreraelite
11-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Actually there are plans to widen it to Carefree HWY.......

Jordy
11-23-2005, 10:08 AM
builders paying for road improvements there?they do surface roads here,not hiway stuff
They actually have to here, especially in the East Valley. New subdivisions are required to bring the roads up to par for the new traffic loads, ie. make the old 2 lane road though what used to be hay fields, that is now going to be a major arterial, up to 4 travel lanes with turn lanes. Some of the cities are actually on the ball with this concept.

Jordy
11-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Actually there are plans to widen it to Carefree HWY.......
I said immediate. They're not moving any dirt until like '08 last I heard. Should be lots of fun by then, especially at the rates they're building up there.

2Driver
11-23-2005, 10:14 AM
I said immediate. They're not moving any dirt until like '08 last I heard. Should be lots of fun by then, especially at the rates they're building up there.
Hopefully that will keep you south where you belong :) :D

Jordy
11-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Hopefully that will keep you south where you belong :) :D
Hey now, I have much faster and more direct routes to get up where you hang out. :D :D :D

2Driver
11-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Hey now, I have much faster and more direct routes to get up where you hang out. :D :D :D
Ah crap I forget. Well, there's usually a few beers in the cooler if you find yourself up this way.

AZKC
11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Traffic is the horrible out here in AZ, If I was looking for some place to move it wouldn't be AZ :idea:

Jordy
11-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Traffic is the horrible out here in AZ, If I was looking for some place to move it wouldn't be AZ :idea:
Yeah, I'd move to a place like Nebraska. Traffic is great there I hear. Arizona sucks. ;)

SCUBA STEVE
11-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Been up North lately? I-17 is 2 lanes in each direction starting around Deer Valley. They're building all over the place up around Carefree Highway, and then there's Anthem. I try my hardest to stay off I-17. Want to go left off the I-17 North, like to Pleasant? Good luck with that. Same thing going South on I-17 to Carefree Highway East. They need lights bad on that deal. Oh, and the bridge is 2 lanes there. Traffic backups for miles.
Going to the lake, we typically hit the Albertsons at 17 and Carefree to avoid that left turn as it's next to impossible without a boat on. Add a boat? Good luck.
See besides the snow birds there is nothing else to complain about but the fwy's. :cool: Oh yeah I don't like the Sunday beer law. What if I want to have a beer at 9am and I am out. :p

Jordy
11-23-2005, 11:33 AM
What if I want to have a beer at 9am and I am out. :p
Just gotta plan ahead. I keep a 30 pack in my bar fridge at all times and always have a spare 30 pack in reserves, not to mention gallons of Goose. Bloody marys are better on Sunday morning anyway. :D :D :D

AZKC
11-23-2005, 11:35 AM
What if I want to have a beer at 9am and I am out. :p
Sounds like you should just swing by Jordy's Bar and Grill :crossx:

Jordy
11-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Sounds like you should just swing by Jordy's Bar and Grill :crossx:
That's what I usually do. But I live close to it. :D :D :D

AZKC
11-23-2005, 11:41 AM
And when to you start working Security A Firebird.

Sleek-Jet
11-23-2005, 05:59 PM
And when to you start working Security A Firebird.
????? :D

Jordy
11-23-2005, 06:00 PM
????? :D
12:41 was a little early to be messed up and slurring on the forums, even for a government job. :D

Sleek-Jet
11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
12:41 was a little early to be messed up and slurring on the forums, even for a government job. :D
That's what I thought... but he's Irish... so, ya know... :D