PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Roln20s

PHOTOGLOU
11-23-2005, 11:58 PM
Just got back from driving from Orange to Phoenix (My asst drove). Roln just got his new LBZ crew cab....... With the new 6 speed Allison 18.7 Gallons for the whole trip.... Approx 19 MPG... That was pretty amazing... Again Congrats Patrick

Jordy
11-24-2005, 12:31 AM
And it's about f'kn time... :D :D :D :D :D
(now if they'd just come out with a chip for it...)

Outnumbered
11-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Nice, post up some pix! :)

HCS
11-24-2005, 12:49 AM
That's a Ford. Right? :rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
11-24-2005, 05:24 AM
That's a Ford. Right? :rolleyes:
Must be that new Ford Duramax turbodiesel with Allison 6-speed transmission :rollside:
A stronger Duramax turbodiesel engine will is available on Heavy Duty GM trucks. Thanks to numerous improvements, the V8 will now make 360 hp at 3,000 rpm and an incredible 650 lb-ft of torque at just 1,600 rpm when ordered with the Allison automatic transmission.
The Allison 1000 has also been upgraded with a second overdrive gear so trucks can cruise at 60 mph while making just 1,550 rpm. It also includes a thumb-activated shifter, and cruise control grade braking that will automatically downshift to maintain a steady speed on downhill grades.
http://dieselpowermag.com/tech/chevy/129_0509_dura_03_z.jpg
So what did the engineers do to increase the Duramax output by 50 hp and 45 lb-ft of torque while making the engine run smoother, quieter and cleaner? They changed a lot of things, such as:
-Improved block casting and machining
-Upgraded bearing materials
-Pistons designed to lower compression from 16.8:1 from 17.5:1
-Increased piston bore diameters
-Thicker connecting "I" rods
-Revised cylinder heads for the new compression settings
-Maximum injector pressure increased from 23,000 psi to 26,000 psi
-Higher pressure fuel pump
-New seven-hole fuel injectors that spray directly on improved glow plugs
-A smoother and more efficient turbocharger
-Quieter air induction system
-EGR with a larger cooler for more airflow
-New 32-bit E35 engine controller for better efficiency and lower emissions
-Added a 600-watt grid heater in the intake to reduce smoke during cold and light-load driving

framer1
11-24-2005, 06:21 AM
Must be that new Ford Duramax turbodiesel with Allison 6-speed transmission :rollside:
A stronger Duramax turbodiesel engine will is available on Heavy Duty GM trucks. Thanks to numerous improvements, the V8 will now make 360 hp at 3,000 rpm and an incredible 650 lb-ft of torque at just 1,600 rpm when ordered with the Allison automatic transmission.
The Allison 1000 has also been upgraded with a second overdrive gear so trucks can cruise at 60 mph while making just 1,550 rpm. It also includes a thumb-activated shifter, and cruise control grade braking that will automatically downshift to maintain a steady speed on downhill grades.
http://dieselpowermag.com/tech/chevy/129_0509_dura_03_z.jpg
So what did the engineers do to increase the Duramax output by 50 hp and 45 lb-ft of torque while making the engine run smoother, quieter and cleaner? They changed a lot of things, such as:
-Improved block casting and machining
-Upgraded bearing materials
-Pistons designed to lower compression from 16.8:1 from 17.5:1
-Increased piston bore diameters
-Thicker connecting "I" rods
-Revised cylinder heads for the new compression settings
-Maximum injector pressure increased from 23,000 psi to 26,000 psi
-Higher pressure fuel pump
-New seven-hole fuel injectors that spray directly on improved glow plugs
-A smoother and more efficient turbocharger
-Quieter air induction system
-EGR with a larger cooler for more airflow
-New 32-bit E35 engine controller for better efficiency and lower emissions
-Added a 600-watt grid heater in the intake to reduce smoke during cold and light-load driving
That's the one I ordered should be here after Thankgiving. Never did get a price because they hadn't priced that engine package at the time I order it.

River918
11-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Truck is great. I got mine from Jay about a month ago and couldn't be happier. I had a 2004 6.0 PSD Ford (Lemon). I loved the room in the Ford, and the way the it ran when it wasn't in the shop, but the power of the Chevy is incredible.

Kilrtoy
11-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Just got back from driving from Orange to Phoenix (My asst drove). Roln just got his new LBZ crew cab....... With the new 6 speed Allison 18.7 Gallons for the whole trip.... Approx 19 MPG... That was pretty amazing... Again Congrats Patrick
Congrats patrick, Now jay how do I get mine past 13 MPG.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

phebus
11-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Congrats patrick, Now jay how do I get mine past 13 MPG.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
I'm with you on this......... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dicudmore
11-24-2005, 12:18 PM
I'm with you on this......... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
take your right foot up off the floorboard and set the cruise control to a REASONABLE speed...
no joke, a few mph makes a MASSIVE mileage difference on the D-max
Patrick, congrats on the new ride :cool: :cool:

PHOTOGLOU
11-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Trade it IN

dicudmore
11-24-2005, 12:21 PM
Trade it IN
that is also a viable option

Kilrtoy
11-24-2005, 06:58 PM
Trade it IN
No money out of pocket, where do I sign

Kilrtoy
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM
take your right foot up off the floorboard and set the cruise control to a REASONABLE speed...
no joke, a few mph makes a MASSIVE mileage difference on the D-max
Patrick, congrats on the new ride :cool: :cool:
WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING, have you seen jay drive, his foot was thru the floor board
Im KIDDING PATRICK

PHOTOGLOU
11-24-2005, 08:08 PM
No money out of pocket, where do I sign
We can work out where..... Now when do you get back????

Sane Asylum
11-25-2005, 04:54 AM
Patrick..........pics please......Does it have bling motor covers on it yet?? :D

SCUBA STEVE
11-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Yeah lets see the pix!! Congrats on the new ride! :cool:

dicudmore
11-25-2005, 09:31 AM
WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING, have you seen jay drive, his foot was thru the floor board
Im KIDDING PATRICK
I drove a customers car the other day that the guy had rigged something making it hard to press past about 1/3 throttle...guess that was his way of improving MPG :rolleyes:

Jordy
11-25-2005, 09:33 AM
I drove a customers car the other day that the guy had rigged something making it hard to press past about 1/3 throttle...guess that was his way of improving MPG :rolleyes:
Maybe he bought one of those gas savers on Ebay that consisted of a brick behind the throttle... :D :D :D

dicudmore
11-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Maybe he bought one of those gas savers on Ebay that consisted of a brick behind the throttle... :D :D :D
didn't I hear that Dia had some of those?

Jordy
11-25-2005, 09:40 AM
didn't I hear that Dia had some of those?
I heard she needs some... at least according to Sean. :D

XtrmWakeborder
11-25-2005, 04:06 PM
What happened to the truck he just bought?! Trade in?

Charley
11-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Damn, If only Jay had one of those behind his throttles :crossx:

roln 20s
11-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Hey Jay- thanks so much for the Thanksgiving Eve delivery. Glad Chris made his flight--had to cut through the freight part of the airport to bypass the 5 mile backup. Good thing we had some LBZ power. The truck is amazing, better than I had ever imagined and EXTREMELY quiet.
I sold my '04 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab (purchased from Jay August of '04)to 'fourspeednup' almost 2 months ago. I always discussed getting a Duramax and then Zack called and said- hey want to sell your truck, I said sure, he said SOLD- I'll take it. Then it was too late to change my mind:) I have borrowed my step dad's work F250 with the 7.3 for the past 2 months. That thing was so LOUD compared to the new Silverado LBZ Duramax. I love it...and will love it even more in ONE WEEK from today.
I will post some pics sometime soon.
Specs: Duramax LBZ, 4x4, Allison, LT2 interior, 6 Disc Bose, color is the new Greystone Metallic--really sweet.
Soon to be specs (next week): 6" RCD lift with Bilstein shocks, 20' MKW 41 wheels on Toyo 325/60 Open Countries (yes-I found some). A few weeks after that the new exhaust, shaved tailgate, Gaylords tonneau, billet grill and bowtie, escalade handles will be added; all moldings will be removed (except the painted to match fender flares). What do you guys think about those 'Kodiak' electric steps? Personally, I just want to help all the girls in..preferrably wearing short jean skirts :D
As always- thanks so much Jay. I have to say, working with Jay was great...again. This time he had to put up with my weekly calls for 6 weeks, then daily calls for the past week and a half until my truck finally came in. My mom always told me "good things come to those who wait." Well, waiting sucks, but I am glad I did--well worth it.
And for the record, I only drive 8 miles each way to work, so I have a feeling this purchase was for a NEW BOAT :) Seriously, I know you are all laughing your asses off right now. Anyone want to take bets on this????
As for gas mileage- I am averaging around 17.5 mpg around Phx as of now- we'll see once I fill it up for the first time tomorrow :(
No Boat Bling covers yet...but it will sport a nice Boat Bling sticker soon :)
Framer1-- the price was real close to the LLY- I was kinda scared ordering without knowing the price. I think the package upgrade was $6500 over the base 6.0. I'm not sure if this included a HD incentive or not. Jay just told me what I owe-and I said OK :)
Jordy--do you know of any systems out there for the LBZ where I can recalibrate the speedo?
Thanks again and can't wait for the lift and wheels, maybe its just me and my young age (according to some-haha), but STOCK SUCKS :) :rollside:
Roln 20s

Jordy
11-26-2005, 01:16 AM
Jordy--do you know of any systems out there for the LBZ where I can recalibrate the speedo?
Last I talked to Keith, he's in the same boat with a bone stock LBZ and they're working on it as quickly as they can. When he knows, I'll know, and you'll know. ;) :D

roln 20s
11-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Last I talked to Keith, he's in the same boat with a bone stock LBZ and they're working on it as quickly as they can. When he knows, I'll know, and you'll know. ;) :D
Thanks buddy :)