PDA

View Full Version : Tritoon??

BoaterX
05-14-2006, 11:29 PM
A fat deckboat is out of my price range and I need ample seating with the next boat......obviously, it's a whole different boating experience ( s l o w m o v i n) with any toon boat. Maybe a Tritoon....
I am thinking about a tritoon boat with a 350Mag (Going for the seating capacity).....w/thru hull exhaust.....anyone have any suggestions on brand and model or know anyone with a late model used one?? I like this pic of the exhuast on the JC 246. Also I hear Tritoon are great multipurpose (i.e. basic wakeboarding)
EXHAUST
http://www.jcpontoon.com/img_c/tritoon/266thruhull.jpg
WAKEBOARDING
http://www.jcpontoon.com/img_c/tritoon/blondeski.jpg

Warlockjer
05-15-2006, 05:18 AM
We have a 266 JC and love it. Tons of room. We have the silent choice exhaust which I use to run open all the time, now I leave them closed. It is so quiet and you can hear the satelite radio that is standard equipt. Good luck :) :)

Todd969
05-15-2006, 05:49 AM
I also have a JC 266 and love it. When in Havasu go see Bill Gardner at the Boat Brokers. Yes, it is slow, but I can also make 3 1/2 round trips to Topock from the channel at an avg of 32mph only using 50 gallons.

BoatPI
05-15-2006, 06:06 AM
JC is a nice boat, but also look at the Playcraft pontoons. And consider a Playcraft with twin Honda 200 or 225's. With the wind and a sail for a boat, you might wish on a windy day that u had twins.

Eliminator 4 Life
05-15-2006, 06:13 AM
I am a JC dealer so if you want pm me your phone number with options you want and motor and Ill give you the best price I can. Also if you have a specific color you want. Thanks Rob

dicudmore
05-15-2006, 07:54 AM
the JC 'toons are very nice boats :cool:

SHIFTY
05-15-2006, 08:09 AM
What Are The Price Ranges On These Things?

unleashed
05-15-2006, 08:19 AM
I just bought a 26 ft benington and love it. 50k out the door. 2 year warranty on drive and motor, bbq, blender, ice chests, anchor, life vests...well you get the picture. Im very happy. Not the fastest but the funnest! JC's, Evolution, playcraft...they all looked nice to me.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Warlockjer
05-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Price ranges on a new JC 266 are from around 43K to whatever the dealer can get out of you :rollside: :rollside:

BoaterX
05-15-2006, 09:31 AM
I just bought a 26 ft benington and love it. 50k out the door. 2 year warranty on drive and motor, bbq, blender, ice chests, anchor, life vests...well you get the picture. Im very happy. Not the fastest but the funnest! JC's, Evolution, playcraft...they all looked nice to me.
Deano
What kind of power??
I am looking at 350Mag on the JC 246.

unleashed
05-15-2006, 09:38 AM
What kind of power??
I am looking at 350Mag on the JC 246.
I have the V8 volvo and outdrive. Does about 38 top speed. Good for tubing, wake, etc.
Deano

2Driver
05-15-2006, 09:47 AM
And they were great. Of all the boats we owned they were perhaps the most used, fun boats. The 350 Mag is great. Even the 6 banger does well. We skied a lot behind it and towed those tritoons all over the state including Powell for 10 days. If we get a place at the River again that would be the boat I'd buy.
They also hold value very well. If you find a used 22 or 24 with a 350 for a decent price grab it. I actully made $6K on the last one.

caroftheweek
05-15-2006, 09:52 AM
who makes a tooner with the 496. i saw a new one in the boat trader. they wanted like 64k for it. who would have thunk it, a big block in a tooner.

dicudmore
05-15-2006, 10:56 AM
who makes a tooner with the 496. i saw a new one in the boat trader. they wanted like 64k for it. who would have thunk it, a big block in a tooner.
playcraft...bennington, maybe more??

Havasu Cig
05-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Playcraft and Bennington both offer the 496 as an option. From what I have been told the Playcraft has had some problems with the 496 boats, and from looking at the same motor in the Bennington it looks very tight. I would think maintaining the thing would be a bitch. Also was told that the $$$ increase over the 350 mag boat was not worth it.
I have the 28 Bennington Super Sport with the 350 Mag / Bravo 3 package. Empty I have seen almost 45 mph and loaded it runs about 35-38. The boat has a full bar, fridge, bbq, rated for 20 people, twin biminis etc... We love it. We payed about 60k for it new last year. :cool:

caroftheweek
05-15-2006, 12:38 PM
It seems that if you were to order one with a 496 and all the other options, you would be over $70k. at that point, i would spend the extra few bucks and buy a deckboat of some sort. when i think of a pontoon boat $20k-$30k would be what i would feel comfortable spending. a $60k pontoon just doesn't seem right but i am sure it is really nice.

nhbuoy
05-15-2006, 12:40 PM
...BENNINGTON...Head & shoulders above the rest...

Havasu Cig
05-15-2006, 12:49 PM
It seems that if you were to order one with a 496 and all the other options, you would be over $70k. at that point, i would spend the extra few bucks and buy a deckboat of some sort. when i think of a pontoon boat $20k-$30k would be what i would feel comfortable spending. a $60k pontoon just doesn't seem right but i am sure it is really nice.
We thought about a deck boat, and Keith at Conquest took us out for a test drive. When we weighed everything out we did not want another fiberglass boat to worry about and take care of. The aluminum is much easier to mantain if you throw some Sharks hide on it once in a while, and you don't have to worry about beaching, other boats while anchored, people on the boat stepping on stuff etc...

caroftheweek
05-15-2006, 12:58 PM
We thought about a deck boat, and Keith at Conquest took us out for a test drive. When we weighed everything out we did not want another fiberglass boat to worry about and take care of. The aluminum is much easier to mantain if you throw some Sharks hide on it once in a while, and you don't have to worry about beaching, other boats while anchored, people on the boat stepping on stuff etc...
this is the plus side. i just don't have an extra 60k to spend on a second boat. jealousy, thats all. the not having to worry about it is a huge plus. being able to pull it up on a beach and not having to watch ever move people make. that coudl be worth the money right there.

BoaterX
05-15-2006, 04:24 PM
...BENNINGTON...Head & shoulders above the rest...
Looking at the specs.....JC's toons are .125 thick and others (Bennington, Premier) are .90. Not sure how much that really matters, but thicker toons sound better. I hear Benningtons are known for being very plush, but JC known for being sportier (If you can call a toon sporty).
Also, I like the way JC's look when you put the exhaust thru the back (I keep wanting to call it transom, but toons don't have a transom I guess)

Todd969
05-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Looking at the specs.....JC's toons are .125 thick and others (Bennington, Premier) are .90. Not sure how much that really matters, but thicker toons sound better. I hear Benningtons are known for being very plush, but JC known for being sportier (If you can call a toon sporty).
Also, I like the way JC's look when you put the exhaust thru the back (I keep wanting to call it transom, but toons don't have a transom I guess)
Dude, you know the saying, opinions and "A" holes. Go down and look for yourself. I went to every pontoon dealer in Havasu and came back to where I started. Mostly because my wife loved the fiberglass caps and features of the JC. We also tossed around the Bennington, just didn't care for the styling. We've had it out for 3 weekends and our poor Nordic is collecting dust in the garage. It's not the fastest, but it's almost like having your family room outside.

unleashed
05-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I have a feeling my Force will be collecting dust as well. I taught the wife to drive the pontoon and I get to drink all day. No stress, no worrying about beaching, no worrying about someones boat rubbing mine, no worrying about drunkin friends falling all over it...etc. etc. I love it. Never thought I would say this but the pontoon is alot more fun a boat to hangout in than my performance boat!
Deano

dicudmore
05-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Dude, you know the saying, opinions and "A" holes. Go down and look for yourself. I went to every pontoon dealer in Havasu and came back to where I started. Mostly because my wife loved the fiberglass caps and features of the JC. We also tossed around the Bennington, just didn't care for the styling. We've had it out for 3 weekends and our poor Nordic is collecting dust in the garage. It's not the fastest, but it's almost like having your family room outside.
he's not kidding...as much as they are using this 'toon I'm wondering how long before they sell the NORDIC. Anybody looking for a clean used Rage??
Like Todd said...different strokes for different folks. The JC has things on it the Bennington does not, and vice-versa

SmokinLowriderSS
05-15-2006, 06:02 PM
So you don't want to put-put? Why not have the words fastest pontoon boat??
http://www.playcraftboats.com/speedrecord.htm
A chapter in the boating history book was rewritten on February 4, 2003 at Lake X, St. Cloud, Florida. Jim Dorris, owner of PlayCraft Boats, set the official pontoon speed record at 81.0 MPH in a PlayCraft Pontoon Boat. “You have to have a sturdy boat to feel confident at those speeds. This boat has the same construction features found on the boats that come off our production line,” Dorris said.
The record-breaking speed was reached with a Mercury Twin Pro Max 300X Outboard motors. The weather conditions were favorable, with a temperature of 69 degrees and a slight wind. “We’ve been bragging about having the fastest production pontoon boat on the water,” Dorris said. “And now we’ve proven it.” Jim Dorris has also held the Pontoon Speed Record on Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri at the Annual Shooter’s Shootout. “If you really want to test the character of a boat, run it on Lake of the Ozarks, one of the roughest lakes in the country next to Lake Havasu,” says Dorris. Jim holds the Shootout record at 75 MPH.

2Driver
05-15-2006, 06:21 PM
. “If you really want to test the character of a boat, run it on Lake of the Ozarks, one of the roughest lakes in the country next to Lake Havasu,” says Dorris. .[/B]
Yeah those great lakes have nothing over Havi for big chop :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The Edmund Fitzgerald wouldn't have made it past Copper Cayon on a Memorial day. :D :D

Eliminator 4 Life
05-15-2006, 06:41 PM
I told you JC's had the best hardware on them they are the thickest in the indusrty in my opinion JC's are the nicest. This is my next purchase.

INSman
05-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Okay, so who is gonna' do the first Toon with twin Ilmors ??!!?? :rollside:

Havasu Cig
05-17-2006, 08:21 AM
I have a feeling my Force will be collecting dust as well. I taught the wife to drive the pontoon and I get to drink all day. No stress, no worrying about beaching, no worrying about someones boat rubbing mine, no worrying about drunkin friends falling all over it...etc. etc. I love it. Never thought I would say this but the pontoon is alot more fun a boat to hangout in than my performance boat!
Deano
That's exactly how we feel about our's. I am not ready to give up on the Skater yet, but for hanging out on you can't compare any other boat to a nice pontoon (and in Havasu 95% of the time you are hanging out). It's also nice to tell everyone to bring whatever drinks and stuff they want and not have to freak out when five coolers show up to be loaded on the boat. :cool: