PDA

View Full Version : Pastrana's Subaru Crash

Riverkid
12-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Started rally racing. Didn't do too well here...
http://www.vtcar.com/

MagicMtnDan
12-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah, whatever. Wonder how many more chances he'll get before he wears out his welcome crashing cars violently. And what's up with him walking quickly away from the wreck without helping his navigator out of the car?! :220v:

Riverkid
12-01-2005, 11:38 PM
I thought the same thing. Along with him asking "are you alive" through the intercom, before the post-crash celebrating...

MikeF
12-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Godspeed Richard Burns.

mondorally
12-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Godspeed Richard Burns.
Wow, I didn't know. That really bums me out.
http://www.richard-burns.co.uk/photos/0384pd.jpg
Justin

Speedin' Ian
12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
He is going to put a marker on the course.

Zeug
12-02-2005, 08:39 AM
And what's up with him walking quickly away from the wreck without helping his navigator out of the car?! :220v:
In think he is running back to put up that warning triangel the Navi gave him. Worst thing that could happen at that moment is another car come and hit someone while they are outside of the car.

NOCTURNAL
12-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Obviously MagicMtnDan has a hard-on for Travis Pastrana. If you were able to put your personal feelings aside, you would have seen that he was supposed to put the triangle out first to warn other drivers of the wreck. The navigator said he was fine and there was another guy at the scene if the navigator needed help.

02HoWaRd26
12-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Either way that was so bad a$$ they went over 7 flipps and just walked I need a rally car who wants my Rhino I am buying a rally car now that looked so fun, btw did anyone get the instructions for the turn..

Mr. Pixilated
12-02-2005, 01:01 PM
199 Travis rocks!!!!!!!
I think he'll make a great rally car driver...They all crash!!!!!
He has to walk for he runs.....

MagicMtnDan
12-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Obviously MagicMtnDan has a hard-on for Travis Pastrana. If you were able to put your personal feelings aside, you would have seen that he was supposed to put the triangle out first to warn other drivers of the wreck. The navigator said he was fine and there was another guy at the scene if the navigator needed help.
No, no "hard-on for Travis." I didn't realize he was running to put the triangle out. I'm still very unimpressed with his driving and/or his navigator's instructions.

HM
12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
No, no "hard-on for Travis." I didn't realize he was running to put the triangle out. I'm still very unimpressed with his driving and/or his navigator's instructions.
So what you are saying is that you won't sponsor him? I am sure he is thoroughly dissappointed. Perhaps you should get a car, team, sponsors, and extra money and show him how it is done?

h2oski2fast
12-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Godspeed Richard Burns.
Was he co-pilot?

MagicMtnDan
12-02-2005, 02:39 PM
So what you are saying is that you won't sponsor him? I am sure he is thoroughly dissappointed. Perhaps you should get a car, team, sponsors, and extra money and show him how it is done?
I don't need a car, team or sponsors to criticize his lack of driving skills. It's my right as a Sandbar member :)

carreraelite
12-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Was he co-pilot?
Friday 02-Dec-2005
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL RICHARD BURNS WEBSITE -*HOME OF THE 2001 WORLD RALLY CHAMPION
RICHARD BURNS
It is with very great sadness that we must announce the death of Richard Burns, the 2001 FIA World Rally Champion. Burns, who was diagnosed with an astrocytoma, a form of brain tumour, in November 2003 passed away*last night*Friday 25th November*peacefully.* His partner Zoe, family and close friends were at his bedside.
From the outset Richard knew that the odds were heavily against him and yet he fought his illness with bravery and good humour.* Having undergone both chemotherapy and radiotherapy he was able to leave hospital in summer 2004. For a while his health showed signs of improvement but then after six months it once again began to decline.* Determined not to give up, he opted for* surgery earlier this year.* This alleviated some of the symptoms of his illness and enabled him to remain active.* At Castle Combe in August he attended a parade of the rally cars that he drove throughout his career and was touched by the warmth of the reception he received. However there was to be no miracle and in recent days he lapsed into a coma.*
The media, friends and fans are asked to respect the family’s privacy at this time. There will be a private funeral and instead of flowers the family would ask that donations be sent to Cancer Research. Anyone who would like to send messages should address them to*the memorials*pages on this website.*www.richard-burns.co.uk/memorials
The date of a memorial service will be announced shortly.
Richard Burns, Age: 34
Born: Reading, Berkshire – 17 January 1971

HM
12-02-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't need a car, team or sponsors to criticize his lack of driving skills. It's my right as a Sandbar member :)
Fock...I was hoping to be co-driver/navigator.....Left...no RIGHT!

mondorally
12-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Either way that was so bad a$$ they went over 7 flipps and just walked I need a rally car who wants my Rhino I am buying a rally car now that looked so fun, btw did anyone get the instructions for the turn..
If you're serious about getting into rally check out
The California Rally Series (http://www.californiarallyseries.com/)
The Ramada Express Int'l Rally in Laughlin is Dec. 8-11th. Check it out!
Justin

Woodster
12-02-2005, 04:05 PM
The guy finished 4th or 5th in points this year.. I think his driving skills are just fine..You on the other hand are a jackass

Sleek-Jet
12-03-2005, 06:42 PM
That' pretty wild... That little Subi took a hell of a beating, testiment to the chassis builder that both guys walked away.

MagicMtnDan
12-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Anyone see Pastrami-boy on the HDNet channel racing around the track in Paris? It was the ROC (Race of Champions) and they had "race cars" and rally cars driven by the best drivers. Pastrami-boy didn't even finish - he spun out badly (the worst of all of the drivers). Maybe you guys should get a new driving hero - you could always get the champion Xbox in a driving game and root for him :D

MikeyFIN
12-04-2005, 04:53 AM
You need a FINN to Win.... :p Especially in Rallying.

Forkin' Crazy
12-04-2005, 08:11 AM
The guy finished 4th or 5th in points this year.. I think his driving skills are just fine..You on the other hand are a jackass
Is this the sandbar or benchracers?
Nice, resort to name calling when some one expresses their opinion. :(

Forkin' Crazy
12-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Maybe you guys should get a new driving hero - you could always get the champion Xbox in a driving game and root for him :D
I don't know about X-Box, but I can rally my ass off on my Playstation!!! :crossx:
Maybe I should go pro!!! :rollside:

MikeF
12-04-2005, 08:38 AM
That' pretty wild... That little Subi took a hell of a beating, testiment to the chassis builder that both guys walked away.
If there had been large tree's or more people around, it could have turned out worse. That is usually the result on the WRC wrecks.
I still think there is no other race format that is quite as fun/challenging for the driver than is in rallying in the WRC. Watching the night stages on tarmac back in 86 w/ the GruppeB cars......BITCHEN!!:D On snow.......how do they do that?!

Sane Asylum
12-04-2005, 05:07 PM
I think that left a mark........ :cool: :2purples: :eek: