PDA

View Full Version : Rode in the Lavey 27 Sabrecat today

Supultlbich
12-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Wife and I went for a ride in Laveys 27 Sabrecat today and what a treat it was. What an amazing boat. Solid as a rock, no lean, and smooth as silk. I never thought my wife would say that a cat rode better than our current V bottom, but after today there is no going back. That is definetly our next boat. Hmmmm now all I have to do is sell our current Lavey.
Thanks again Kevin, and a big shout out to Jeff and Chris at Laveycraft!!!

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 07:37 PM
and take a second on your mortgage to pay for insurance

12-03-2005, 07:38 PM
depends on what engine and what ins co u go with

cc322
12-03-2005, 07:41 PM
That is one of my favorite cats, very clean lines, was it a open bow or cuddy? I like that and the 2750 V for my next boat.

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 07:43 PM
depends on what engine and what ins co u go with
Well if you want to run hard there is only one company doing insurance and it aint cheap...

12-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Wife and I went for a ride in Laveys 27 Sabrecat today and what a treat it was. What an amazing boat. Solid as a rock, no lean, and smooth as silk. I never thought my wife would say that a cat rode better than our current V bottom, but after today there is no going back. That is definetly our next boat. Hmmmm now all I have to do is sell our current Lavey.
Thanks again Kevin, and a big shout out to Jeff and Chris at Laveycraft!!!
i havd a v and took a ride in a tunnel that was it, i guess it true once
you ride in a tunnel you have to have one

Supultlbich
12-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Well if you want to run hard there is only one company doing insurance and it aint cheap...
Got a quote from state farm in lhc for 861 for the year, full replacement value, with the dissapearing deductible. That is with a 525.

12-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Got a quote from state farm in lhc for 861 for the year, full replacement value, with the dissapearing deductible. That is with a 525.
see ur private messages

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 08:16 PM
That is bitchen, and I hope the underwriter lets it slip by....
I had allstate and gave him all the facts he came back with 1100 a year, I passed and went with markel.
Do a check this has been cover ALOT on here , more specific cats and tunnels. NOBODY is covering a 525 other than markel. and it will be around 2200 PLUS a year
Yes a cat ride is the best, that is why I pay the riducules price I pay for ins....

Supultlbich
12-03-2005, 08:26 PM
That is bitchen, and I hope the underwriter lets it slip by....
I had allstate and gave him all the facts he came back with 1100 a year, I passed and went with markel.
Do a check this has been cover ALOT on here , more specific cats and tunnels. NOBODY is covering a 525 other than markel. and it will be around 2200 PLUS a year
Yes a cat ride is the best, that is why I pay the riducules price I pay for ins....
I will dig a little deeper, however we have not decided on the motor as of yet. Check your PM.

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Ok

KLEPTOW
12-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I would not listen to some of the know it alls. If you got a good price go with it, just make sure you have been up front on all details and it's written that way on the binder when you sign.
Some people around here just dont feel right unless they have company in their high roller boat.
24ft Cat 500HP XR Drive Ext Steering 625.00 year.

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 08:55 PM
I would not listen to some of the know it alls. If you got a good price go with it, just make sure you have been up front on all details and it's written that way on the binder when you sign.
Some people around here just dont feel right unless they have company in their high roller boat.
i would not listen to the know it all's either, until I found out they were all correct.
So what ins company do you have Number please because im calling monday moring for ins....
and what 24 cat do you have

Ultracrazy
12-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Miguel.........always stressing the positve :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I KNOW, i just dont feed people false dreams....
I called everyone and checked every lead given....
in the end, after hours of calls, it all came down to what I was told from day one...
MARKEL

12-03-2005, 09:07 PM
i agree

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 09:11 PM
i agree
So Do I and im sure so does he, check here
http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98073

OutCole'd
12-03-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm paying a little over $800.00 a year with a 525. I guess it can be done. :cool:

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm paying a little over $800.00 a year with a 525. I guess it can be done. :cool:
what cat is that and dont say that 28 DECK BOAT you own......

RiverToysJas
12-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Congrats, That Lavey Sabre is an awesom boat! I'm going to have to fanagle a ride in one some time. :crossx:
I hear people talk about very high insurance rates, but I know for a fact there are people on here getting much better rates on big cats. Their just not posting them. ;) (and I don't blame them) Take the good rate, and shop around if you have to......
LAVEY ROCKS! :cool:
RTJas :D

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Congrats, That Lavey Sabre is an awesom boat! I'm going to have to fanagle a ride in one some time. :crossx:
I hear people talk about very high insurance rates, but I know for a fact there are people on here getting much better rates on big cats. Their just not posting them. ;) (and I don't blame them) Take the good rate, and shop around if you have to......
LAVEY ROCKS! :cool:
Jason, Question
if they are getting better rates and it is all legit, why not share them
it is win win
the Hb members win and the ins wins with the new contract

OutCole'd
12-03-2005, 09:42 PM
what cat is that and dont say that 28 DECK BOAT you own......
Yes, it is my 28' DECK BOAT CAT ...... :rolleyes:

KLEPTOW
12-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Ins is like your community pool some people pee in it more than others.
If your stupid enough to drink that shit dont get all mad at everybody else just because there not.

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Ins is like your community pool some people pee in it more than others.
If your stupid enough to drink that shit dont get all mad at everybody else just because there not.
the first part makes sense
the second is as intelligible as a football bat
so what 24 cat do you have

KLEPTOW
12-03-2005, 10:28 PM
What if it's a Bayliner WTF difference does it make? A ture tunnel is is a true tunnel.

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 10:32 PM
What if it's a Bayliner WTF difference does it make? A ture tunnel is is a true tunnel.
well with your piter pater,
1)
I would say an old ass 24 daytona that is ins for 30k and they dont know it has a newer 500
2)
A HTM and you are lying about the motor
or
3)
A Aftershock DECKBOAT
Which one, because no-one is insuring a 24 cat for your claimed price
I vote for 3

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 10:52 PM
Well I see you are on line and no response, So i guess one of the three was CORRECT
Save the internet BS
Ask
6 dollar boat what he pays
ask
BlownLavey what he pays,
im sure it is right inline with what I stated

KLEPTOW
12-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Maybe I got that rate because they knew I would never put my kid between me and the steering wheel. Dumb **** go to bed. I'am

INSman
12-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Maybe I got that rate because they knew I would never put my kid between me and the steering wheel. Dumb **** go to bed. I'am
Never seen that question on an insurance application before :hammerhea
"Do you or would put your kid between you and the steering wheel?" :eat:

Kilrtoy
12-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Is that the best you got.
The only time your boat sees a 0 and a 9 is right before 10, deckboat boy
just make sure you have your engine hatch open all the way when filling your tanks, those boats are known to EXPLODE

gqchris
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Hey Bundle it all in to the Refi! Thats what everyone in here does anyways. Then while u are at it, buy the 80' Toy Hauler, Rhino Dune Buggy, 1 for Wife, 1 for You, Quads and Dirtbikes, Oh... and the Diesel Pusher for the beach camping on the weekdays! 909 area code is optional, but it does help the package! :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
12-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Hey Bundle it all in to the Refi! Thats what everyone in here does anyways. Then while u are at it, buy the 80' Toy Hauler, Rhino Dune Buggy, 1 for Wife, 1 for You, Quads and Dirtbikes, Oh... and the Diesel Pusher for the beach camping on the weekdays! 909 area code is optional, but it does help the package! :rolleyes:
That is some funny BUT true shit

Supultlbich
12-04-2005, 07:35 AM
All I realy meant to say is that we went for a ride in an awesome boat, and I got a good insurance quote!!! Sheesh.... Damm I love this place!! Nothing but love all the way around!!!!!!!!!

RiverToysJas
12-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Jason, Question
if they are getting better rates and it is all legit, why not share them
it is win win
the Hb members win and the ins wins with the new contract
Maybe not. Perhaps you can find an insurance company that has not had bad experiences with big cats, and it still offering good rates. But if a bunch of idiots start calling, asking tough questions, moving their policy over to them...and they then start having some of the issues & big claims associated with cats, they THEN might start raising rates and dropping clients. Doesn't mean the policy is not legit until such time though. And if I found such a place, I would certainly keep my mouth shut.....Rocking the boat, so to speak, could cost you thousands! ;)

RiverToysJas
12-04-2005, 07:49 AM
All I realy meant to say is that we went for a ride in an awesome boat, and I got a good insurance quote!!! Sheesh.... Damm I love this place!! Nothing but love all the way around!!!!!!!!!
Good for you BTW! Glad you're staying in the Laveycraft family. Great boats, and great people.

Supultlbich
12-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Good for you BTW! Glad you're staying in the Laveycraft family. Great boats, and great people.
Could not have said it better!! Jeff and Chris are great people, the whole operation is first class!!

RiverToysJas
12-04-2005, 09:50 AM
F LC! :)
DILLI "Off to put air in the doublewide tires" GAFF
LOL! Well Tom, At least your doublewide is nicer than that singlewide you used to have! ;)

6 Dollar Boat
12-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Save the internet BS
Ask
6 dollar boat what he pays
ask
BlownLavey what he pays,
im sure it is right inline with what I stated
I have to agree with Kilr, I pay about 6 times what you were quoted by State Farm LHC. I used all the leads Lavey Craft gave me and ended up with Markel. They were the ONLY company that would insure me. I will try to shop my policy again this year....
Jason, let me know when you want a ride....

framer1
12-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I have to agree with Kilr, I pay about 8 times what you were quoted by State Farm LHC. I used all the leads Lavey Craft gave me and ended up with Markel. They were the ONLY company that would insure me. I will try to shop my policy again this year....
Jason, let me know when you want a ride....
I've tried everywhere always end up with Markel. Such is life in the tunnel world :boxed: State Farm and Farmers and the rest of the ins. co. won't come near my boat.

LAVEYSABRE575
12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm with sea-safe and i pay 3 times that quoted amount for replacement value. Also i know were a very nice SABRE can be bought for a huge savings with all the money you save you can get strong ins. coverage ......win win situation.....Derek

Kilrtoy
12-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Kleptow post a pic. of your boat so i know to stay away from it, pray nothing happens to your boat or anybody else, because when it comes time for the readers (checks) your's could take a long time........
its look like this
http://www.aftershockboats.com/data/photos/deck24/24partydeck_01.jpg

LAVEYSABRE575
12-04-2005, 11:34 AM
nice......

MONEYFURNOTHIN
12-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Well i dont have a 100+ 26, but i do have a 90+22 tunnel and i called many ins co. all would not insure my boat. I called over to the "big boys" ins co. and they told me it wouldnt be cheap to prepare to be in the 3k range. It made my stomech turn so i did some more research and found a company (who was listed in the hot boat issue that delt with insureing your boat) and they ins. my boat for a fraction of the "big boys" company... 7 and change a year w/ no lay up. So take what you hear on hear lightly and do the research yourself. If it is a reputable co, and you honest about your boat, go for it. As far as them canceling you policy, well everyone (including the "big boys co.) told me they would. I just sent off payment for my second year...

12-04-2005, 02:15 PM
Maybe not. Perhaps you can find an insurance company that has not had bad experiences with big cats, and it still offering good rates. But if a bunch of idiots start calling, asking tough questions, moving their policy over to them...and they then start having some of the issues & big claims associated with cats, they THEN might start raising rates and dropping clients. Doesn't mean the policy is not legit until such time though. And if I found such a place, I would certainly keep my mouth shut.....Rocking the boat, so to speak, could cost you thousands! ;)
So True

rollin24/7
12-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey, aren't you supposed to be at HOME resting since your off work? Who loves ya!

LAKEMAN
12-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Derek:WTF you sold your jeep,now the boat is going also.What are you going to due now,buy a pontoon boat WTF.I also have a sabre w/ 575 merc insured by markel . $2,400 a year w/ a 4 mo layup. It went down this year from $2,800.

gqchris
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
its look like this
http://www.aftershockboats.com/data/photos/deck24/24partydeck_01.jpg
Thats clean...