PDA

View Full Version : It's gunna really suck to live in Canada.

HCS
12-06-2005, 04:50 PM
You guys start this shit. :mad:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/12/01/canada_gps_speed/index.html
Device stops speeders from inside car
Report: Canada testing device that alerts drivers whenever the exceed speed limits.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Canadian auto regulators are testing a system that would enforce speed limits by making it harder to push down the car's gas pedal once the speed limit is passed, according to a newspaper report.
The system being tested by Transport Canada, the Canadian equivalent of the U.S. Department of Transportation, uses a global positioning satellite device installed in the car to monitor the car's speed and position. If the car begins to significantly exceed the speed limit for the road on which it's travelling the system responds by making it harder to depress the gas pedal, according to a story posted on the Toronto Globe and Mail's Website.
The pilot test, using 10 cars driven by volunteers, is believed to be the first in North America, although similar systems have been tested in several European countries, according to the newspaper.
The agency is also testing another system that warns drivers with a voice alarm and a light whenever they start to speed, the newspaper said. Those systems are already on sale, according to the report. The company that makes the alarm device, the Otto Driving Companion, has already sold 400 of the units in Winnipeg alone, the newspaper said.

Tom Brown
12-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Oh yes, the Gas Master. That, and gun registration, will make us all safer. :cool:

hoolign
12-06-2005, 04:54 PM
It wont effect some of us, it's a natural reaction to push down on the accelerator pedel when your trying to get the last drops out of a bottle of JD.

HCS
12-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Everyone driving around the speed limit. :boxed:
How would you get anything done? :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
There's no need to get anything done.
That's the beauty of communism. :)

hoolign
12-06-2005, 05:21 PM
In Browns attempt to "one up" JBB...he failed miserably.
http://strangecosmos.com/images/content/112354.jpg

GHT
12-06-2005, 05:32 PM
I see a market for a bypass system. See Canada is smarter than we gave them credit for. They are creating jobs..... :rolleyes: :cool:

hoolign
12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
I see a market for a bypass system. See Canada is smarter than we gave them credit for. They are creating jobs..... :rolleyes: :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/304272gerbilshit_1_-thumb.jpg

dirtman
12-06-2005, 07:03 PM
I had one of the earlier versions of this system. As I went faster it began emiting a whineing/squealing sound. It went away when I remarried.

Kim Hanson
12-06-2005, 07:10 PM
I had one of the earlier versions of this system. As I went faster it began emiting a whineing/squealing sound. It went away when I remarried.
I just left her on shore after the last race I did, she was heard over the exhaust noise..between 2 boats.........( . )( . )............