PDA

View Full Version : fair judgement?

Moneypitt
12-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Finally, a judge that actually has the ability to reason......
News
12/07/2005 16:34:44 EST Nebraska Judge Says 128 Mph Not 'Reckless'
NEBRASKA CITY, Neb. - Speeding is not necessarily reckless, even at 128 mph, a judge ruled in the case of a motorcyclist who tried to flee from state troopers.
With some reluctance, County Judge John Steinheider ruled last week that Jacob H. Carman, 20, was not guilty of reckless driving on Sept. 5, when he was spotted by a trooper who then chased him at the top speed of his cruiser's odometer - 128 mph.
"As much as it pains me to do it, speed and speed alone is not sufficient to establish reckless driving," the judge told Carman on Friday. "If you had had a passenger, there would be no question of conviction. If there had been other cars on the roadway, if you would've went into the wrong lane or anything, I would have convicted you."
Otoe County prosecutor David Partsch acknowledged that Carman could have been charged with speeding but, "We felt that the manner in which he was operating the motorcycle was reckless."
Carman didn't get off entirely. He was fined $300 for expired tags and other violations.

76ANTHONY
12-07-2005, 03:31 PM
dam, nice....... 128 not reckless, hahahaha, got him for tags, that sucks

HocusPocus
12-07-2005, 04:24 PM
the officer should have just shot the d*ck. :crossx: :crossx:

CA Stu
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
the officer should have just shot the d*ck. :crossx: :crossx:
Yeah, speeding is a capital crime. :rolleyes:
Thanks
CA Stu

NOTALENT
12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Wow...figures it would be a Low Key state that this would happen...I could never see that happening in CA.

HocusPocus
12-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah, speeding is a capital crime. :rolleyes:
Thanks
CA Stu
f*ck him.. driving like that he will be dead soon enough.. no use wasting the ammo. or even better, next time he takes out a mini van full of kids.. the more deaths the better. :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

HocusPocus
12-07-2005, 07:33 PM
You're hoping he takes out a mini van full of kids?
give me a break.. its called sarcasm and it doesn't come across well in forums.

HocusPocus
12-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I was having a tough time parsing your post, but I see it now. Carry on. ;)
well im not the best at expressing my feelings.. so my wife keeps telling me. :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
12-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Wow...figures it would be a Low Key state that this would happen...I could never see that happening in CA.
The good thing is it is case law now and that is how it is. But all cercumstances need to be the same or very similar.