PDA

View Full Version : exhaust and intake for 2500hd

socaldj1
12-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm looking to get a little more HP from my 2004 2500hd with a 6.0 Any suggestions for new intake and exhaust?

INSman
12-08-2005, 07:01 PM
AFE Magnum Force Intake and RBP 4' from the Turbo back really let's the engine breathe and the turbo to spool up much quicker.
You reaaly should add the Juice w/Attitude controller to really fly and get the best Power/HP/Torque and MPG possible :rollside:

GHOSTRYDER71
12-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Why not go with a programmer? That would help with a good exhaust system.
As far as intakes,be carefull some filters with oil on them actually clog air sensor.

sigepmock
12-09-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm looking to get a little more HP from my 2004 2500hd with a 6.0 Any suggestions for new intake and exhaust?
I think you're running the 6.0L gasser right??? The Edge and MBRP are for the Diesel.
I had an 03, never could get the power I wanted out of it, ended up with a Whipple Supercharger on it and it kicked a$$ but didn't tow as well as the diesel.
Anyway I went through a couple of rounds of mods but for you're application I would do the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system, a K&N or AFE style intake kit. I'd also look into a programmer or custom ECM programming. Cole Trickle on here has a good connection on getting a custom tune.
The biggest problem with the 6.0L GM's is the "Torque Management" programming. It's a part of the computer programming that reads throttle input, RPMs, engine load, etc.. and reduces power in the engine....why.....to save GM money. They keep increasing the power numbers to compete with Ford and the others but then govern the motor's output to save warranty calls. I got rid of mine on the last truck and it was a whole new vehicle, it actually went when you gave it gas and I had no reliability issues.
Long story short get the programming. If you want a small increase and a programmer that can be removed in 5 min. Try the Diablo Sport or Hypertech.
Also if you want I have a brand new Whipple Cold air intake on my shelf, that I'd make you a deal on. It runs a re-usable filter similar to a K&N and AFE, but is better in my opinion. It picked me up about 5hp more than the K&N I was running on the last truck. Here's a pic:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495airfltsmall.jpg
Let me know if you're interested or if you have anymore ?'s, I spent a lot of time working with that 6.0L.
Chris

BowTie Rick
12-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I like Magnaflow because of the fit. Exhaust shop installed mine in 20 minutes and said it was so easy they only charged me $40 labor :rollside: Of course I'd recommend K&N for intake kit :p 36 years of biz and a full warranty assurance program with the OE's are big pluses. Not sure what's up with AFE, no show at SEMA, no show at PRI... may be a sign.