PDA

View Full Version : the mean streets of Bakersfield

jackpunx
12-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Need sound (http://www.curtisnemetz.com/bako/bakowmv.htm)

Racer277
12-09-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm so proud :rolleyes: Bako Represent! :)
It really doesn't need sound....

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 09:20 AM
I am moving!!! :cry:

Flashover
12-09-2005, 09:25 AM
What is Bakersfield realy like? i have never been there. Is it as bad as they are portraying it? just curious... :crossx:

Phat Daddy
12-09-2005, 09:34 AM
LMFAO :D

jackpunx
12-09-2005, 09:34 AM
What is Bakersfield realy like? i have never been there. Is it as bad as they are portraying it? just curious... :crossx:
Most of the roads have pavement..lol
Mrs racer could answer better :p

HighRoller
12-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Those dudes are obviously confused. First of all, you can't get to "Bako" on hwy 101. Second, all of the footage they showed was from "Oildale", which is a town on the outskirts just north of Bakersfield. Oildale is a dump, but Bakersfiled has boomed. It looks more like the San Fernando Valley now than what those guys showed. I used to live there a little over 10 years ago, and when I go to see my friends there now I can't believe how much it's changed. Strip malls everywhere, and a ton of businesses have moved there from the LA area. Definitely not the one horse town it used to be. Those guys are describing Bako as it was 50 years ago.

jackpunx
12-09-2005, 09:47 AM
Those dudes are obviously confused. First of all, you can't get to "Bako" on hwy 101. Second, all of the footage they showed was from "Oildale", which is a town on the outskirts just north of Bakersfield. Oildale is a dump, but Bakersfiled has boomed. It looks more like the San Fernando Valley now than what those guys showed. I used to live there a little over 10 years ago, and when I go to see my friends there now I can't believe how much it's changed. Strip malls everywhere, and a ton of businesses have moved there from the LA area. Definitely not the one horse town it used to be. Those guys are describing Bako as it was 50 years ago.
wow .. that took all the fun right out of it :rolleyes: :)

Racer277
12-09-2005, 09:58 AM
It's pretty much middle America. There are still real cowboys, some posers, this place still respects blue collar work and workers. A welder or framer in this town is more respected than a lawyer....
It is becoming a bedroom community for LA, as the commute is just over an hour from here.
Still liked the video though....

Kachina26
12-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Don't be hatin' just cuz you ain't! :D

Racer277
12-09-2005, 10:23 AM
:D :D :D
What does C-blow stand for anyway???
sean, you should be proud of your sons, you don't have to explain anything to us, those boys will be starz someday :cool: - d-no

RiverToysJas
12-09-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm moving too......to Bakersfield, looks like there's lots of my kind there!!!!
RTJas :D

pixilatedpussy
12-09-2005, 10:42 AM
DIA & SEAN.............I am concerned!!!!!!! LOL! :p

Racer277
12-09-2005, 10:49 AM
DIA & SEAN.............I am concerned!!!!!!! LOL! :p
It's our dusty little secret.....

pixilatedpussy
12-09-2005, 10:50 AM
It's our dusty little secret.....
LOL! :p

Beer-30
12-09-2005, 07:17 PM
:D

1manshow
12-09-2005, 07:27 PM
All the talk about the pollution from cows is all bs. Gotta say that video is pretty funny.

Ralph Brunt
12-09-2005, 07:44 PM
that's funny shiat

H20 Toie
12-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Sounds like a place for a vacation home.

Mrs.Racer277
12-09-2005, 09:11 PM
ya high roller, you're killing "c-blo & skinny's" verses, playa ..... don't be dissing the b-field ganstas, dem boyz are repsresenting the cow town of the b-dizzle field. (i think they're related to dia somehow, "dna test" please) - :) d-no
Just for the record.... Dia is from OC NOT Bakersfield.
So no relatives here. Thank goodness. :rolleyes: :)

MAINEVENT
12-12-2005, 08:05 AM
LMFAO :rollside: :rollside:

Never Satisfied
12-12-2005, 09:12 AM
All the talk about the pollution from cows is all bs. Gotta say that video is pretty funny.
I'll second that! :cool:

a catered life
12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
what up JP...now that was funny especially watching them dance behind each other...but the sad part is i have watched hip hop down grade to another level :yuk: ..........the really bad part is that this song "if it got air play" would probably be big and thats the sad part...the beat is one of the most loved beats in hip hop so that would sell for them :cry: but it is funny

GHT
12-12-2005, 09:25 AM
That was good... Hope the guys make a little dime off of it...

Kilrtoy
12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
That explains everything :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

h2oski2fast
12-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Looks like we all have a new song to play at the river next year. I can't wait pull up to keyes' house blastin that out the cat.

LUVNLIFE
12-13-2005, 04:55 AM
what up JP...now that was funny especially watching them dance behind each other...but the sad part is i have watched hip hop down grade to another level :yuk: ..........the really bad part is that this song "if it got air play" would probably be big and thats the sad part...the beat is one of the most loved beats in hip hop so that would sell for them :cry: but it is funny
It appears Willy that HipHop stole it from Bako as in Oildale. In fact Bako will be called the new OC (Oildale Country). They will soon have The Promenade at Bako and City Walk at Oildale. The Wasco Pavillion and Weedpatch Amptheatre.

Racer277
12-13-2005, 06:54 AM
:D :D :D It appears Willy that HipHop stole it from Bako as in Oildale. In fact Bako will be called the new OC (Oildale Country). They will soon have The Promenade at Bako and City Walk at Oildale. The Wasco Pavillion and Weedpatch Amptheatre.

Partycattin
12-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Just got back from working in Bakersfield for 2 months. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being as a kid. Definetly strip malls and new housing everywhere.
My hotel was walking distance to movies, restaurants, etc.
The smell is not a myth though. I remember leaving my hotel early one morning and the stench almost knocked me down. So I thought they may have fertilized near the hotel. Go to Starbucks, still the odor.....did I step in dog crap???
Go to the office.....same thing. It seems that whenever it is moist/foggy, the odor lingers. Pretty nasty.

a catered life
12-13-2005, 07:49 AM
it has changed a lot for the best and the two things that will keep me visiting bako is they have a dam tahoe joes and the racers live there :p

boat030
12-13-2005, 07:49 AM
I miss Bakersfield I haven't been there in a couple months, maybe I could take a long weekend and spend some time over there.

1manshow
12-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Just got back from working in Bakersfield for 2 months. It wasn't as bad as I remember it being as a kid. Definetly strip malls and new housing everywhere.
My hotel was walking distance to movies, restaurants, etc.
The smell is not a myth though. I remember leaving my hotel early one morning and the stench almost knocked me down. So I thought they may have fertilized near the hotel. Go to Starbucks, still the odor.....did I step in dog crap???
Go to the office.....same thing. It seems that whenever it is moist/foggy, the odor lingers. Pretty nasty.
Smells like money to me.

riverroyal
12-13-2005, 01:27 PM
I got from that was how much I hate RAP.

Never Satisfied
12-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Smells like money to me.
Just got back from bakersfeild 10 minutes ago and smelled just fine to me. :crossx:

Partycattin
12-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Smells like money to me.
It was good money, but still smelt like ass!